UConn 21, Liberty 3, Charlton 14 | The Boneyard

UConn 21, Liberty 3, Charlton 14

Reaction Score
Wow, Charlton threw the pick. The team is up. Enjoy the game.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
1668285660926.png

Reaction Score
I’ll give him credit on the 2 point play. That was brilliant. The stuff with Mlien has to go, and anything but a handoff or deep (end zone) throw in the situation before the half was dumb.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Running the second throwback was a mistake.
Running straight up the gut on 4th and a very long 1 (actually 2) when they put 9 in the box was a misktake.
Not calling the wide run more often was a mistake.
Giving Zion the chance to not lose the game was smart, calling the deep go to set up the go ahead TD was huge.
The slant call on the 2pt conversion was genius.

The guy is really, really good even if he is still making some mistakes. He is using everybody and making them all look good enough of the time to win these games. We will be lucky to keep him next season.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
We have only 15 turnovers in 11 games. Mora - and Charlton by extension - have clearly emphasized ball security on offense and prioritized it over any kind of risky playmaking.

This team has been so opportunistic when they get turnovers/field position. I think if we read that as luck we miss the fact that we, by design, do not allow other teams those same opportunities.

This is the same thing Charlton did when he took Maine to the final four as OC. Seize your opportunities and make sure your opponent has very few opportunities to seize.

Reaction Score
This was the best playcalling I've seen from Charlton all year. Yeah, there were a couple of stinkers, but when you have to create a varied offense with a team that almost never throws the ball up the field, you have to do some weird stuff sometimes. Overall, his gameplan worked really well and they won a shootout with a ranked team. Hard to complain about that.

Reaction Score
4th and one when we needed the first down at the end of game and the clock was going to stop on change of possession it was the perfect time to throw the ball to a TE or a wideout slant or pump and go. Charlton hurt us badly with play calling before the half that set them to score and the first 2 drives of the second half. He needs to do better. Some of the trick plays and the fiasco with Zion and Cale shortside run need to go. Just attack the opponent FFS.

Reaction Score
Take what they give you. Sometimes Charlton's and Zion's checks are predicated on what the D takes away. When their D stacked the box Clercius became an option. And Charlton dialed it up perfectly.

Reaction Score
Get lost, eat crow. Final score. We don’t need people like you creating absurd threads halfway through a game. Maybe try being less miserable in your daily life?
Thank you

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom