Men - UConn & 2023 Big East Baseball Tourney @ Prasco Park, Mason Ohio (5/24>5/27). Gms on BEDN/FloSports. Audio on Mixlr/ESPN 97.9/1300 & Varsity App | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Men UConn & 2023 Big East Baseball Tourney @ Prasco Park, Mason Ohio (5/24>5/27). Gms on BEDN/FloSports. Audio on Mixlr/ESPN 97.9/1300 & Varsity App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Yeah baby! I’m up here screaming in the White mountains of New Hampshire. Just visiting and I managed to tire my wife out shopping this morning. She let me hang out and watch the boys!

Reaction Score
Anyone know how much time between games, if a second game is needed?

Reaction Score
Great, great job by Ellison. And Fogell, while giving up the runs int he 5th, eats 3 full innings after throwing a lot of pitches two nights ago. We will be in as good shape for a winner take all final, if Willis can get us there, as one could hope.

Reaction Score
Top 9th, a single on a bunt and an error on Padilla put runners on the corners with no out. Sac fly for the first out. 6-4 UConn. Willis gets a strikeout for the 2nd out, and another strikeout to end the game. Willis gets the save, and UConn wins 6-4. UConn forces another game.

Reaction Score
Boys did what they needed to do yesterday and today. Anything else is a bonus .
Yes, with our depleted pitching now anything else will honestly be icing… I know that may not be a popular opinion but we will need some guys to really step up on the bump from their regular season performance.

Reaction Score
Great job by the staff today. Hitters did enough, though they had X’s staff on the ropes a lot early and couldn’t come up with the big innings. But we not only held X to 4 runs, 3 earned, but did it using less of our staff than one reasonably could have hoped.

I expect that Penders and McDonald are counting back in their heads right now as follows, with everyone but S. Quigley, Sears, Ellison and Fogell available:

Willis can still give us the 9th.
Afthim may have to give us the 8th and the 7th.
Risk Coe will be wild after the pitches he threw 72 hours ago, but have to trust him with the 5th and 6th.

That means they need the same 4 innings from Sully that they got from Ellison, and Sully doesn’t need to be that good. We need to win this with our bats, and assume we’ll score 7 or 8 tonight. So if Sully (or whoever helps get us through the 4th) can give me 4 innings and only give up 2 runs, huge win. If we get to the 5th having given up 3, I’ll be more than fine with that. Get me to the 5th without being down by more than 1, and I’ll trust Afthim, Coe and Willis, and the bats, to bring me home.

Reaction Score
Yes, with our depleted pitching now anything else will honestly be icing… I know that may not be a popular opinion but we will need some guys to really step up on the bump from their regular season performance.
What kind of shape is the Xavier pitching staff in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom