Men - UConn @ #19/#22 UC-Irvine Anteaters (Wednesday 3/13/24 @9p ET) Game will be on ESPN+ | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men UConn @ #19/#22 UC-Irvine Anteaters (Wednesday 3/13/24 @9p ET) Game will be on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Top 8th, the bottom of the UConn lineup goes down in order. 4-0 UConn.

Reaction Score
Bottom 8th, a scoreless inning for S. Quigley after a 2 out walk. 4-0 UConn.

Reaction Score
IMG_3579.jpeg

Reaction Score
Team showed huge improvement. Defense was there, no base running miscues, fewer strikeouts, double digit hits and a pitcher who threw strikes and my god did he work fast. A pitch clock was not necessary with him last night. Team should have some confidence now heading into another challenging series but one that could make this a respectable Cali swing after it looked like a disaster.

Never have to questions Penders teams toughness…great win

Reaction Score
Quick thoughts (won’t state obvious such as Schild being sensational)
1) played a clean game (cleaner than ucla) positive step
2) nothing set in stone but #1-6 should be auto-pilot right now. Want to tweak it then mess around with #7-9 (although I think Schpur should be everyday CF) not sure Minick should just get that DH spot. Anyone on bench looking good in BP?
3) Daniels is starting to turn on balls and now seeing some of the power pre-UConn. Saw it last Friday night late @ UCSB. Maybe getting better acclimated to D1 pitching but he’s more effective when hitting to right side And pulling the baseball. next step is to see BA increase. He’s getting on base.
4) they played small ball for first time and had Irvine on their heels good to see.
5) when the SP is like that makes things much easier.

See what happens this weekend to wrap up a long trip. Lot of scar tissue built up on this road trip. Haha.

Reaction Score
Team showed huge improvement. Defense was there, no base running miscues, fewer strikeouts, double digit hits and a pitcher who threw strikes and my god did he work fast. A pitch clock was not necessary with him last night. Team should have some confidence now heading into another challenging series but one that could make this a respectable Cali swing after it looked like a disaster.

Nope those were 2 big wins for a team struggling…hopefully they carry it into the weekend. Gotta get these strikeouts on offense down. Progress but 8 is still a lot. Throwing strikes and not beating themselves continues to show why that’s usually a recipe for success. An at-large berth case was helped, even being March

Reaction Score
Quick thoughts (won’t state obvious such as Schild being sensational)
1) played a clean game (cleaner than ucla) positive step
2) nothing set in stone but #1-6 should be auto-pilot right now. Want to tweak it then mess around with #7-9 (although I think Schpur should be everyday CF) not sure Minick should just get that DH spot. Anyone on bench looking good in BP?
3) Daniels is starting to turn on balls and now seeing some of the power pre-UConn. Saw it last Friday night late @ UCSB. Maybe getting better acclimated to D1 pitching but he’s more effective when hitting to right side And pulling the baseball. next step is to see BA increase. He’s getting on base.
4) they played small ball for first time and had Irvine on their heels good to see.
5) when the SP is like that makes things much easier.

See what happens this weekend to wrap up a long trip. Lot of scar tissue built up on this road trip. Haha.
I like the current lineup but I’m not sure if having Tammaro second is somewhat of a waste…if they can find a lead off man and drop daniels to the two hole and maybe slot Tammaro 6th so there’s a more consistent bat in that part of the order, I think they’ll get more out of the talent within the lineup. TC would be ideal, it hasn’t happened though. Shpur is settling in it seems. I like Minnicks future, I think he’s a liability this early I. The season but it doesn’t appear there are a lot of options…I’m not sure TC gets the opportunity again otherwise he would appear to be the key

Reaction Score
I like the current lineup but I’m not sure if having Tammaro second is somewhat of a waste…if they can find a lead off man and drop daniels to the two hole and maybe slot Tammaro 6th so there’s a more consistent bat in that part of the order, I think they’ll get more out of the talent within the lineup. TC would be ideal, it hasn’t happened though. Shpur is settling in it seems. I like Minnicks future, I think he’s a liability this early I. The season but it doesn’t appear there are a lot of options…I’m not sure TC gets the opportunity again otherwise he would appear to be the key

It wouldn't surprise me if Simmons gets the occasional start in CF to see if he can get going like he has in the past, but for now it certainly looks like Shpur is going to get by far the most of the time in CF.

Shpur also has 1 more year of eligibility after this season.

Reaction Score

No question improvement has been made over the last couple of games, hopefully they can keep on improving as the season progresses.

Reaction Score
It wouldn't surprise me if Simmons gets the occasional start in CF to see if he can get going like he has in the past, but for now it certainly looks like Shpur is going to get by far the most of the time in CF.

Shpur also has 1 more year of eligibility after this season.
Aside from Shpur are there any other recent transfer with another year of eligibility? Malcom? Van Emon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom