UConn +15.5 @ Arizona | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn +15.5 @ Arizona

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
"A little reality" is you insulting him when he has the audacity to express some optimism about the game? it's sports for god's sake. Some of you clowns are unreal. He'd rather hope they win than expect them to lose. It's his prerogative.

I don't even understand why some of these folks come to a UConn fan board to post. Really, I don't. The moment you type something as "controversial" as 'dogs gonna bite the cats ', they have to try to crap on you. The Misery Police are going to do their very best to make sure nobody is looking forward to the game tonight. They're going to make sure that nobody is going to believe in a possible UConn victory. Because you know.....they're apparently UConn fans...

Reaction Score
I don't even understand why some of these folks come to a UConn fan board to post. Really, I don't. The moment you type something as "controversial" as 'dogs gonna bite the cats ', they have to try to crap on you. The Misery Police are going to do their very best to make sure nobody is looking forward to the game tonight. They're going to make sure that nobody is going to believe in a possible UConn victory. Because you know.....they're apparently UConn fans...

I am pretty sure it's possible to be a fan and still not be completely delusional. When you struggle against Columbia, Monmouth and Coppin State, the chances of beating Arizona are very small. Enjoy the game.

Last edited:

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure it's possible to be a fan and still not be completely delusional. When you struggle against Columbia, Monmouth and Coppin State, the chances of beating Arizona State are very small. Enjoy the game.

Nah, it's actually not possible to be a fan if your first reaction to a fellow fan is to tell him he's delusional for rooting for his team.

I'd tell you to enjoy the game too, but why bother...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I mean theoretically you could do it. By putting together a one time configuration of players and singers and it requires A LOT of both. There are so many layers on that song I estimate no less than 12 people on stage to pull it off. With a crap ton of rehearsal and an incredible attention to detail it could be pulled off.

But that is perfect world scenario. In the actual world there doesnt exist a band in their current configuration that could cover all the parts needed to pull it off. And that is not even addressing covering Marty Balins vocal parts which is an incredibly tall order or the call and response grace slick/ensemble stuff.

Really incredible song.

A total studio song though.

What if I had ABBA, Arcade Fire and The Polyphonic Spree?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Those last 27 seconds must have been tough for those who had Arizona -15 1/2.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Gotta give the kids lots of credit for keeping it close. The final score is misleading. It was more of a 5 point game than a 15 point game.

The final score tells the story of a team who had the chance to get a great win right in front of them and completely collapsed.

They EARNED that loss.

Reaction Score
Nah, it's actually not possible to be a fan if your first reaction to a fellow fan is to tell him he's delusional for rooting for his team.

I'd tell you to enjoy the game too, but why bother...
We all root for our team and it's delusional to think we are going to beat a Zona or The Shockers. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
We all root for our team and it's delusional to think we are going to beat a Zona or The Shockers. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Yeah, it's delusional.

Funny how you're posting this now, and not with less than 5 minutes left to go in the game and we were down by 2.

That's what I can't stand about ridiculous, disingenuous posters like yourself...

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's delusional.

Funny how you're posting this now, and not with less than 5 minutes left to go in the game and we were down by 2.

That's what I can't stand about ridiculous, disingenuous posters like yourself...
What is funny about that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom