UConn +15.5 @ Arizona | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn +15.5 @ Arizona

Reaction Score
10% chance for a win in my mind but if it happens it would be an earthquake for us this year.

Reaction Score
Anyone know if the students are on break and how that may affect the environment?

This is the first true road game of the year.

Reaction Score
Uconn's had about 10+ days to get ready for this game, and that doesnt give me much confidence

Reaction Score
Guys when I left for work this morning, the first car I got behind also had a UConn sticker on the back. For reference I live in Boston, not CT where it wouldn't be all that strange. I'll take any mojo juice I can at this point, we gonna win this game
I hope you're right. But as for me, I am going to record it and see what happens. If they win, I will watch with delight. If they lose I will erase with despair.

Reaction Score
Since our offensive tempo is naturally slow this year, it may be a good idea to try playing a pack line defense. Let Arizona pass around the perimeter and take contested jumpers rather than allowing entry passes to their bigs.

It would really benefit UConn to slow down the pace, because if we get caught up in a running match I don’t think we can keep up with Arizona’s scorers.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Since our offensive tempo is naturally slow this year, it may be a good idea to try playing a pack line defense. Let Arizona pass around the perimeter and take contested jumpers rather than allowing entry passes to their bigs.

It would really benefit UConn to slow down the pace, because if we get caught up in a running match I don’t think we can keep up with Arizona’s scorers.
Ollie has had slow tempo teams the past few years and his dreams of having a fast paced offense have basically been trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. I wish he would coach to our personnel and not what his ideal offense would look like, but we’ve seen zero evidence of this really.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Arizona is going to be looking ahead to ASU. This is a trap game for them. We should cover this spread, I predict a single digit loss. I'd be surprised if we win, but it isn't out of the question.

Reaction Score
Upsets come from teams that have a hot game on offense, especially from the outside. I have seen nothing to make me believe that UConn has the ability to get hot for 30+ minutes. I expect the usual pattern (down 12-15 at half because of a 5+ minute scoring drought, get back to 7 or 8, lose going away by 22ish).

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Thanks to @Huskybass for reintroducing me to this song, which I had relegated to the dust bin of my mind ever since Starship came out with "We Built This City," which I consider the worst song of all time. In any event, I had forgotten about "Miracles" but gave it another listen as he suggested, and he was right--wayyy better than I remembered. Fast forward to last weekend when I found a used copy of the album on vinyl for $1.00, and brought it home and turned my daughter on to it. And then fast forward to this morning, when it was the first song I heard on Deep Tracks when I hit the treadmill at 6:00 a.m. At this point, it's gotta be mojo, right?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score

I just watched this video to remind myself that we have never lost to Arizona. Can't tell you how badly I want to see that same disappointed look on Sean Miller's face at the end of the game tonight. Let's go!

JA is the only guy on this team that would see more than 5 minutes a game on the 2011 team.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I have no expectation that UConn can/will win this game. They’re bigger, better, faster, deeper and better prepared.

My hope is that we somehow find a way to stay in the game - a ten-point loss would not upset me. Ideally, we will not open the game down 20-4.

What I expect will happen:

We’ll probably open the game down 20-4. Arizona will throw a huge run at us in the first half and Bill Walton will get to spend a full 90-minutes explaining why we’re so bad.

Reaction Score
I have no expectation that UConn can/will win this game. They’re bigger, better, faster, deeper and better prepared.

My hope is that we somehow find a way to stay in the game - a ten-point loss would not upset me. Ideally, we will not open the game down 20-4.

What I expect will happen:

We’ll probably open the game down 20-4. Arizona will throw a huge run at us in the first half and Bill Walton will get to spend a full 90-minutes explaining why we’re so bad.

Do you wanna take a stab at guessing post game quotes too?

Reaction Score
I honestly don't think we are capable of beating a team like this anymore, I hate it but I've seen nothing that leads me to believe this will even be close. Hope like hell I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
“We showed heart, but we gotta play smarter than that. I thought the turnover when we had closed the gap to 36 really hurt us. Convert there and it’s an 11-possession game.”

"I think the time zone change really hurt us. You know, it takes a while for Jalen and Terry to wake up and it was only 6 pm east coast time. I was really impressed by the second half effort, though."

"You know, we've always struggled with zones"

*horde laughs*

Reaction Score
What's the over/under... without even knowing I'd probably lean under

Opened at 145.5 and already down to 144

I see this game in 135-141 range

74-64 type game. Would love UConn to pull it off but don't think they have the horses to pull this one out. Just want to see them keep it within 10

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom