UConn -10.5 @ Seton Hall | The Boneyard

UConn -10.5 @ Seton Hall

Reaction Score
This seems like a lot for a Big East road game, but what do I know.

I love Over 141.5 in this game. We are both better offensive teams than defensive teams, Richmond is probably going to go off again, and the bad guys just played a 93-87 game.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Is Providence better than Seton Hall? That is a lot of points. It’s conference time and everything changes just like that….I like UConn but until we get a few league games under our belts I will be nervous.

Reaction Score
They have had a very soft schedule and haven't faced anyone like UConn and haven't been battle tested with top 10 teams like we have. The speed and force they're about to face is going to whip their heads in circles.

Watching us play against Kansas, UNC and Gonzaga? I have a hard time seeing how they're going to keep this under 20.

Could we get caught napping? Maybe. Could Holloway have them super pumped for this being their "Super Bowl"? Sure.

I'll take us and lay the -10.5. WE'RE A WAGON UNTIL SOMEONE SAYS OTHERWISE. Ride the wave.

(The Deepster is 5-1 ATS so far this season)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Marquette was -4.5 favorite over Providence and lost by 15. What do they know?
That’s exactly my point because why would Marquette only be favored by -4.5 to Providence???

Reaction Score
These are the games of the year for SH and St. John’s so we’ve gotta have great effort in both games. Just do that and win. Blank the spread.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
No way in hell we beat top 10 Gonzaga on the road by 13 but only a 10.5 favorite against Seton Hall. Vegas knows something.
Vegas knows conference play is completely different. Not sure there is an algorithm or AI that can figure out why that is but who would have predicted the beat down PC put on Marquette last night. Not me…… but I did pick up a few things watching Marquette struggle. Did AJ ever cover Kolek last year? I think we could put Castle on him and have some success.

Reaction Score
I listened to one CBB pick sites "the college experience" and they were taking Seton Hall and the points because they said Alex Karaban's finger is banged up and that we lost last year. Don't think they realized that Karaban also scored twenty with that same injured finger a few games ago and then we will most likely have a full strength squad tonight

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Vegas knows conference play is completely different. Not sure there is an algorithm or AI that can figure out why that is but who would have predicted the beat down PC put on Marquette last night. Not me…… but I did pick up a few things watching Marquette struggle. Did AJ ever cover Kolek last year? I think we could put Castle on him and have some success.
My analysis of Vegas spreads is completely vibes and conspiracy based.

I’ve lost enough parlays by 1 leg/1 point,reb,ast, etc. to feel be a conspiracist at this point.

Just lost another parlay because Jayson “I’m addicted to settling for 3s” Tatum couldn’t score 25 smh.

Reaction Score
The thing about a line around 10.5 is that we could lead comfortably and still fail to cover.

We could lead by 10-15 throughout and give back a little in garbage time while being indifferent about scoring.

We could lead by 7-10 throughout, get into the "foul vortex" at the end where SH will try to score, but will give up on fouling us if the lead is 9-10 under 30 seconds, and we'll just dribble it out.

If the game is remotely competitive down the stretch, you're relying on luck to push the lead to 11.

Edit: one way you could play this is to wait for us to get a small early lead and then take Seton Hall +12.5 or whatever. They'll cover in any non-blowout.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No way in hell we beat top 10 Gonzaga on the road by 13 but only a 10.5 favorite against Seton Hall. Vegas knows something.

The line closed around 3.5/4 against Gonzaga. Vegas oddsmakers typically won't make big adjustments to power ratings from game to game.

For context, the three CBB analytical sites I generally look at, all have the game around 10.

KenPom has UConn by 10.
Bartorvik has UConn by 8 and also by 12 if you remove all priors.
Haslametrics has UConn by 9.

Reaction Score
Big reverse line movement on this one. Down to 8.5 with money pouring in on UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom