UConn’s Clingan, Newton to work ‘shifts’ at Raising Canes in Enfield (4/11/24 @10a) | The Boneyard

UConn’s Clingan, Newton to work ‘shifts’ at Raising Canes in Enfield (4/11/24 @10a)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I love those two guys, but honestly, if Raising Cane's isn't the ultimate example of societal failure, I don't know what is.

Wish they'd gotten a gig at Jersey MIke's with Danny DeVito instead.

Reaction Score
Raising Cane's blows. Hopefully they're getting a decent chunk of change out of it.
I don't live in Connecticut anymore, but maybe you all should go and buy the lousy food and then give it to the homeless. I am half joking, but if I lived in Connecticut I probably would do something like that.

Reaction Score
I love those two guys, but honestly, if Raising Cane's isn't the ultimate example of societal failure, I don't know what is.

Wish they'd gotten a gig at Jersey MIke's with Danny DeVito instead.
That would be trading in one crappy chain restaurant for another crappy chain restaurant.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't live in Connecticut anymore, but maybe you all should go and buy the lousy food and then give it to the homeless. I am half joking, but if I lived in Connecticut I probably would do something like that.
Pretty sure the players got paid regardless of food order or no food order.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure the players got paid regardless of food order or no food order.
I am sure for this time they do. I know if no one shows up it's because Raising Cane's food sucks and not because of any indifference to Tristen Newton and Clingan. But if no one shows up, even with the revered back to back champions there, it will give pause for other businesses to provide NIL opportunities to the UConn basketball players because they might see it as not having an impact on their bottom line. That's why if I lived near Enfield I would just go. I am not casting aspersions on anyone that didn't go.

Reaction Score
Y’all are wrong. Cane’s sauce is undefeated. Need to eat it in the south though - Louisiana especially - their franchises in the north aren’t as good

Reaction Score
How often does the potential 1/1 pick do stuff like this? Talk about no ego.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Y’all are wrong. Cane’s sauce is undefeated. Need to eat it in the south though - Louisiana especially - their franchises in the north aren’t as good
Then use the sauce on crayfish, shrimp or oysters. Chicken "fingers" is not adult food.

Reaction Score
How often does the potential 1/1 pick do stuff like this? Talk about no ego.
Yeah, Mr. Connecticut is genuine. He stopped to sign my kids' rally towels at the team hotel just prior to them leaving to Barclays for the NW game without the kiddos even asking. He just saw them standings at the bottom of the escalator with a Sharpie in hand and signed away.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I wasn't that impressed when I went, the sauce is good, but the chicken is small. But it's fried chicken so it can't be that bad.

Since they paid our guys though, I gotta give it a second chance.

Reaction Score
Two UConn men's basketball stars were already grappling with potentially life-altering decisions — trying to decide if the time is right to test their skills in the NBA or return to college for at least one more year — when they were presented with a third option Thursday: slinging chicken fingers at a nearby fast-food restaurant.

Alternate access:

UConn basketball stars play ‘chicken’ at Enfield Raising Cane’s while contemplating NBA futures

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Just tried it for the first time in Glendale. Saying it was “OK” gives it credit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom