UCF game thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UCF game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm always critical of Whitmer, but he's ok today comparatively.

The offense is much better with DeLorenzo sitting.

The OL may have been unfairly critized with a lackluster back behind them, who has no burst.

Just stop. Max wasn't the problem. He was running behind, at least at the time what was the worst offensive line in college football. The offense has improved because a. play calling has improved b. offensive line has stepped up.

Reaction Score
The OL may have been unfairly critized with a lackluster back behind them, who has no burst.

lol. what does that have to do with pass protection? Funny thing is he was probably the best pass protector on the field during his time playing. So if anything he only helped the line, your assertion that he somehow did the opposite is loony.

Reaction Score
It certainly contributed, look at how much more energized the offense is now, even with Davis out.

The same holes that closed quickly on DeLorenzo guys like Johnson and Newsome are hitting. Yes, I think he was a big part of the offense's early ineptitude.

Seriously? Yea Max was the problem..

Reaction Score
Last week wasn't a one off. This team is actually playing well. Granted UCF is doing their part and more, but the killer instinct is in full display.

Reaction Score
It certainly contributed, look at how much more energized the offense is now, even with Davis out.

The same holes that closed quickly on DeLorenzo guys like Johnson and Newsome are hitting. Yes, I think he was a big part of the offense's early ineptitude.

Dude, the o-line has actually blocked the past 2 games. They didn't when Max played and how do I know? Well because Newsome/Johnson/Marriner weren't finding those holes the first 5 games either. Again just stop.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
yeah, I'm not getting the Max D point; 'cept maybe more of a 1st down passing threat with him off the field. Don't think that change accounts for the difference though... more like a concept of O coming together.

Reaction Score
And I'm positive out of his 58 carries I remember at least 1/4 of those he had a guy in his face before he even received the hand-off. We haven't seen that happen lately because the o-line is doing their job.

Reaction Score
He was the feature back, the others saw sporadic action.

You want him playing now over Johnson or Newsome? You really think it wouldn't make a difference? I don't, I think his lack of speed, quickness and bursts set the whole tone. I doubt we see him anywhere but special teams going forward.

Dude, the o-line has actually blocked the past 2 games. They didn't when Max played and how do I know? Well because Newsome/Johnson/Marriner weren't finding those holes the first 5 games either. Again just stop.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Im afraid to post that there is a freaking ass kicking going on in East Hartford!

Reaction Score
He was the feature back, the others saw sporadic action.

You want him playing now over Johnson or Newsome? You really think it wouldn't make a difference? I don't, I think his lack of speed, quickness and bursts set the whole tone. I doubt we see him anywhere but special teams going forward.

These are two separate issues. I obviously think Johnson and Newsome need to play and I love both their games all I'm saying is that it's wrong to tear down DeLo who did a serviceable job behind, at the time was THE WORST O-line in college football. The offensive issues in the beginning of the season were much, much bigger than DeLo.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
yeah missed a short field chance to run off a few minutes and stretch to three scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom