UCF Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UCF Game Thread

Reaction Score
UConn looks absolutely gassed. Getting beat to every 50/50 ball, missing layups, missing foul shots, etc are all signs of a tired basketball team.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Pretty ugly 1st half and a sound problem with Justine's mic

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This is exactly the type of game MSS played against UConn last year with better talent. Geno's interview before the half was thankfully blanked out. Broadcast TV isn't ready for that much profanity.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Even Justine is having (technical) difficulties.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
can you believe the Shots the team is missing tonight:)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Wow, Coach Auriemma's interview was so filled with obscenities that they had to mute the whole thing.
No, there was a technical problem. They said he wasn't that angry

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This type of game when the microphone does not work. KLS having one of her poorer games after the 2 made 3's early. Z is the X factor. UCF cant do anything to stop her.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This type of game when the microphone does not work. KLS having one of her poorer games after the 2 made 3's early. Z is the X factor. UCF cant do anything to stop her.
If USF can't get a deflection or steal, there isn't much they can stop. UConn is rushing and has missed a ton of point blank, unguarded shots and easy jumpers.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
UConn looks absolutely gassed. Getting beat to every 50/50 ball, missing layups, missing foul shots, etc are all signs of a tired basketball team.

IMO I just see a ref crew letting them play. The only way UCF can keep the score low is by physical play. Of course Geno isn't going to hear that excuse. He wants better results physical or not and he's right. I'm a fan so I can cut them some slack. One of the so called 50/50 balls they got beat to was a take down move on Lou that didn't get called. UCF isn't going to win but they can make the game very sloppy and ugly. Unfortunately the refs are letting them do it. Reminds me of the good ol Rutgers days. And like the Rutgers games I always worry about somebody getting hurt. Like the time Taurasi got a back injury.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
IMO I just see a ref crew letting them play. The only way UCF can keep the score low is by physical play. Of course Geno isn't going to hear that excuse. He wants better results physical or not and he's right. I'm a fan so I can cut them some slack. One of the so called 50/50 balls they got beat to was a take down move on Lou that didn't get called. UCF isn't going to win but they can make the game very sloppy and ugly. Unfortunately the refs are letting them do it. Reminds me of the good ol Rutgers days. And like the Rutgers games I always worry about somebody getting hurt. Like the time Taurasi got a back injury.
I was thinking of the old Rutgers games as well.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
UCF willing to compete physically. The opposite of USF

Reaction Score
I think UConn is going to play much better and faster in the second half. The shooting might not get better, but I think their effort will.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The foul that they called on Gabby was because the girl was holding her and Gabby shook her loose and she fell to the ground.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom