U19 Quarter Final: USA vs France - Friday's Game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

U19 Quarter Final: USA vs France - Friday's Game

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
This U19 team is not easy or fun to watch. First, the team is just not that talented particularly when compared with previous U19 World Cup rosters...

You've said what I have also thought. They may win gold. I hope they do. But good basketball? Not so much.

Reaction Score
RIXXX and MILFO: Don't hold that Dookie thing against her. RIXXX, there is good reason to be impressed. She finished up her first year as one of the all-time bests for the Tigers: Rookie of the year for the league and FIRST team All Ivy. Think she is about 6'4" or so...not sure. Shot lights out time after time (including the three, I believe), and ripped down double figure rebounds consistently....sometimes near 20. Lots of blocks and double-doubles. Soph year looms. Might go see her.

MILFO, despite her dad making the mistake of going to Duke, he narrowly escaped becoming a waiter by spending about five years in "The League." Her grandfather did the right thing from the start, going to Princeton and graduating Magna Cum Laude ( just one year after I did NOT graduate MCL), going on for this Master's there and then teaching there - think he combined math and science as a professor.

Wins===Your whole last paragraph is what --"it's all about"!! Fantastic, impressive.
We tend to forget Uconn WBB would not exist if not for the Academics. ]
Your first paragraph too was more than interesting.

Reaction Score
You've said what I have also thought. They may win gold. I hope they do. But good basketball? Not so much.
Good basketball? These U19 (under 19 years old) are kids, talented kids or they'd not be playing on that team. Chemistry and knowing each other has not developed. Many College team don't develop chemistry in less than 4 months (summer to Nov)--these kids had a couple of weeks. Coaching can only do so much in that time.
Frankly I was impressed with many of the things these kids did--their defense, for the time together, is very good. While watching them i thought Danger must have passed along some Geno concepts.
The are very far from UConn WBB that is absolutely true--but then 345 WCBB teams are too.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
This may be heresy, but I've enjoyed watching the swimming world championships from Budapest more than the U19 basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom