U17 USA VS Brazil 12:15 | The Boneyard

U17 USA VS Brazil 12:15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They should but won't if they continue to play sloppy basketball..........hopefully they will get it together today

Reaction Score
27 turnovers in their first game, 26 in their second. Forget about point spreads, it's remarkable that they're 2-0 with numbers like that.
The opposition is playing the USA the same way a lot of teams play UConn.
They pack the middle, double team the low post and dare the US to beat them from the outside. C. Williams was the difference in the game against Italy.
I do hope the comes to Storrs.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Live Stats Link FIBA Live Statistics

USA leads 38-32 at the half. They should be up by 15+ points. USa has made 9 more Free Throws then Brazil even though they missed 7. Getting to the line has gotten USA the lead.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA leads 63-47 end of 3rd qtr. Brazil can't hit the broadside of the barn with their 3 point shooting. USA should win this going away.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA wins 79-62. Brazil shot 1-19 onf 3's and USA made 12 more FT's then Brazil did.
Live Stats: FIBA Live Statistics

Still too many turnovers. Had 20. 17 Assists on 28 made baskets.

Reaction Score
Sorry I couldn't watch this game,,,,,,,,looks like Christyn Williams had another strong game

Reaction Score
Christyn Williams played 37:44 today. She is easily the most impressive player on the US squad in this tournament, IMO, and would make the perfect replacement for Nurse in two years.
Bailey and Henderson also had strong games today against Italy.
The US looked better especially after the first quarter. Most of the improvement probably due to the shortened rotation.
(Bailey, Henderson and Williams all played over 33 minutes)

Reaction Score
Christyn Williams played 37:44 today. She is easily the most impressive player on the US squad in this tournament, IMO, and would make the perfect replacement for Nurse in two years.
Bailey and Henderson also had strong games today against Italy.
The US looked better especially after the first quarter. Most of the improvement probably due to the shortened rotation.
(Bailey, Henderson and Williams all played over 33 minutes)

CW is the real deal.......keeping fingers crossed that her UConn lean turns into a signing this year

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A bit disconcerting that Collier is barely seeing the floor now.

Another nice game for Nelson-Ododa.

DeCosta does other things when she's not making shots.

Williams didn't shoot well but got to the line and grabbed boards. A good sign.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I find the coaching of this team to be very curious and not dissimilar to the U16 last year - there doesn't seem to be any set rotations or understanding of combinations that work/don't work well together. With limited practice it is hard enough to get cohesive play, but when every time a player is on the floor they are playing with a different set of teammates it just compounds the issues. I think part of the turnover issue is a direct result of that.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I find the coaching of this team to be very curious and not dissimilar to the U16 last year - there doesn't seem to be any set rotations or understanding of combinations that work/don't work well together. With limited practice it is hard enough to get cohesive play, but when every time a player is on the floor they are playing with a different set of teammates it just compounds the issues. I think part of the turnover issue is a direct result of that.
I'm trying to find the Mike Flynn article/blog but I believe this is exactly the same coaching staff from last year with only 2? players from last year (Prince & DeAcosta)? USA basketball's solution was to swap out the players.

Reaction Score

Clearly it would be much better if the team was selected at least a few months before the tournament so that they had more time to develop chemistry, not sure how the other countries do it but we always seem to depend on superior basketball talent to win these things.........that's becoming tougher as the world catches up skill wise............not sure how to handle the coaching situation, perhaps retired/nonactive college coaches with international experience would be the answer...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom