U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 42 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
charlie - maybe a touch not as "athletic " as those 3 ... but in my view... every bit the complete "PG" and more of Leader, Competitor / Winner, make others better, better Shooter ... than those 3 .

i liked Nixon a lot in person last summer, spring. She would be the one in that group that would rival Tatum for me. (who I want as my PG)
RE: Nixon...Saw Tough, Gamer, all day competitor, Versatile Offensively, legit Defender, Rebounded. perim shooting needed upgrade

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
BobbyJ - Aston def is ... ( Sedona prince is one of best friends . along with Lexi Gordon) . Mulkey and Gary Blair are as well. Sherri Coale and Cori Close sure are

TXadidasElite ‏@TxElite2017 13 Dec 2016
Big12 PAC12 & SEC sitting in on Tatum. Watching head coaches get excited in stands shows the kind of player she is. Great zest for the game.

XadidasElite ‏@TxElite2017 4 Dec 2016
TXadidasElite Retweeted TRNsports

#Runstheshow #undercontrol #scores #leads #makesplayersaroundherbetter Special when players chose the game > fame @tatumballin4_32

TXadidasElite ‏@TxElite2017 16 Nov 2016
Just 3 days after being named to the Regional Volleyball All Tournament team Tatum starts the basketball season w/ big win going for 29pts

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
charlie - maybe a touch not as "athletic " as those 3 ... but in my view... every bit the complete "PG" and more of Leader, Competitor / Winner, make others better, better Shooter ... than those 3 .

i liked Nixon a lot in person last summer, spring. She would be the one in that group that would rival Tatum for me. (who I want as my PG)
RE: Nixon...Saw Tough, Gamer, all day competitor, Versatile Offensively, legit Defender, Rebounded. perim shooting needed upgrade

Coach:
Thanks, as always, for these updates and observations.
I'm a Long Island native who has lived in New Jersey for years. A buddy I grew up with in Suffolk reported that
my alma mater -- Ward Melville High School -- has a 5'8" point guard named Lauren Hansen (Class of 2019), who is back from an injury that sidelined her last year and she is ripping it. Apparently, Ohio State, Florida and a few other D-1 schools are interested. She plays in the same league as Danielle Cosgrove (WM defeated them this year) and was wondering if you've seen her at any summer camps/HS games.

Thanks...

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Can you believe that Manasquan was not even in the ESPN top 30 nationally.....only Blair Academy was ranked in top 25 and St Rose was top 30.....

Apparently, ESPN heard you, with Manasquan joining St.Rose in the teens. That might change, given Manasquan's success at a holiday tourney in Orlando during which they swept their slate, led by Mabrey, Masonius and Stella Clarke (I just love saying that name..). Mabrey and Clarke seem to be taking lead in scoring with Masonius adding double-doubles with regularity. Lot of talent on that team.
Harrison (GA) (61) at Manasquan (68) - Girls Basketball

How has your daughter's team been doing so far?

Dillon77

Reaction Score
brand new Highlights of Cameron Swartz

Too bad the Fighting Irish have signed two guards/wings already on the class of 2018 (K. Gilbert, A. Prohaska). However, rumor is that MM is still looking at Ms. Williams in Arkansas, so maybe there is a possibility of pursuing one more guard/wing if the person is right.
I would bet that Stephanie White has made visits to see her play.... ;)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Cameron Swartz is a baller. I've been keeping up with her for a while now. She has offers from most of the SEC and ACC schools (and a few Pac 12 schools) so it's not like she's flying under the radar... She even camped at South Carolina's Elite Camp over the summer.

She's one of the elite guards in that class, especially offensively. UConn may not be onto her... YET.. but everybody else is.

Reaction Score
Apparently, ESPN heard you, with Manasquan joining St.Rose in the teens. That might change, given Manasquan's success at a holiday tourney in Orlando during which they swept their slate, led by Mabrey, Masonius and Stella Clarke (I just love saying that name..). Mabrey and Clarke seem to be taking lead in scoring with Masonius adding double-doubles with regularity. Lot of talent on that team.
Harrison (GA) (61) at Manasquan (68) - Girls Basketball

How has your daughter's team been doing so far?

Manasquan is very, very good...........Masonius is a total team player, letting Mabrey get her shots............as for my kid.....her team is not doing too well.....they lost 5 of their 6 top players to graduation including 2 D1 talents..........they are too young and too small but play hard.........should improve in the next couple of years hopefully............

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Cameron Swartz is a baller. I've been keeping up with her for a while now. She has offers from most of the SEC and ACC schools (and a few Pac 12 schools) so it's not like she's flying under the radar... She even camped at South Carolina's Elite Camp over the summer.

She's one of the elite guards in that class, especially offensively. UConn may not be onto her... YET.. but everybody else is.

Any ideas about who is most interested/whom she might be interested in?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Any ideas about who is most interested/whom she might be interested in?
@SCGamecock & @CoachBill similar question any idea why Cameron is so lowly ranked-being outside top 50/60 in both ESPN and Prospectsnation? Cameron's first Boneyard mention was By @Sluconn Husky (Sept 2015)

A new name to keep in the memory box: Cameron Swartz (2018) out of Georgia.

Rob Reid on Twitter

2018 GA Guard CAMERON SWARTZ has look of Rising Star - WiseEYEsports

Reaction Score
Too bad the Fighting Irish have signed two guards/wings already on the class of 2018 (K. Gilbert, A. Prohaska). However, rumor is that MM is still looking at Ms. Williams in Arkansas, so maybe there is a possibility of pursuing one more guard/wing if the person is right.
I would bet that Stephanie White has made visits to see her play.... ;)

UConn really doesn't need any more guards until Class of 2019, unless they think somebody in the 2017 Class will transfer. The only guard in 2018 class would be Williams and that's just b/c she's #2 ranked player. They will have a log jam of wings, guards if people pan out. I think 2018 class is going to be all about the "bigs", add a post player or forward and maybe a PG for the future, with Crystal Dangerfield being a JR at that point. I think they are going to get Smith or Nelson -Ododa

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
UConn really doesn't need any more guards until Class of 2019, unless they think somebody in the 2017 Class will transfer. The only guard in 2018 class would be Williams and that's just b/c she's #2 ranked player. They will have a log jam of wings, guards if people pan out. I think 2018 class is going to be all about the "bigs", add a post player or forward and maybe a PG for the future, with Crystal Dangerfield being a JR at that point. I think they are going to get Smith or Nelson -Ododa
I'm with you on all that. You really think there's a chance for ONO? That would be great.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
CoCoHusky - Cameron has been a 4 sport kid until the last 9 months (approx ) . her Skill set and putting overall game together has come on strong since the beggining of summer,etc .. once she has become a FT hooper. Including time with a Trainer,etc

She has received raves at events the last 3-5 months.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
Coach:
Thanks, as always, for these updates and observations.
I'm a Long Island native who has lived in New Jersey for years. A buddy I grew up with in Suffolk reported that
my alma mater -- Ward Melville High School -- has a 5'8" point guard named Lauren Hansen (Class of 2019), who is back from an injury that sidelined her last year and she is ripping it. Apparently, Ohio State, Florida and a few other D-1 schools are interested. She plays in the same league as Danielle Cosgrove (WM defeated them this year) and was wondering if you've seen her at any summer camps/HS games.

Thanks...

Dillon77 - my current location is very close to WM . Hansen is def on the Rise

Reaction Score
CAMERON SWARTZ
5'11" Mariette, GA
( FBC Mo aau )

in my opinion she is / will be as good as any 2G , Wing in 2018 class

Wowzers, sign her up! Hope she doesn't bring the purple Lamborghini though.

Reaction Score
From the clips I thought Swartz looked better than Williams. Or maybe her dad is just a better videographer.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
From the clips I thought Swartz looked better than Williams. Or maybe her dad is just a better videographer.
One way to level set is to get beyond highlights and evaluate a full game tape of the player against the highest level of competition they have played.
For Christyn Williams that would be USA basketball from this past summer. For Cameron, I'm not sure but I'm very impressed by her athleticism. There were a couple of Jewelloops in Cameron's package and that was very impressive.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Let's just pump the breaks a bit. Swartz looks good, no doubt. But Williams shows me better athleticism, a better body at the 2 or the 1, more deception off of her first and second steps. Both show nice vision and nice shooting form. Swartz looks a little quicker, but Williams' longer stride is deceptive. And Williams is a lefty shooter which is a problem for others at any level. Williams also looks to be the slightly better ball handler and she already looks to be better on the boards. I'll take Williams guys. That's not to say Ms. Swartz isn't a very nice young player indeed.

Reaction Score

Highlight tapes are just about the most useless way to evaluate talent there is. I have wasted more time than I like to admit watching tape on virtually every top 100 recruit. I have seen full game tape on both Williams and Swartz and there is no doubt that Williams is a better player.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
** def did not intend for above post to be posted Twice ** at least for today....UNable to delete a post

as has always been the case.... Evaluations and comparing players is Subjective !
" Recognition" definitely also plays a part

but for someone to claim that Highlight video " are just about the most useless way to evaluate talent there is "

In my experience... I have known numerous Very successful college coaches that have benefited (offered scholarships and impact players ) from the resource of Highlight videos.
I myself.. directly benefited (multiple All Conf players ) from the resource of Highlight videos

Reaction Score
** def did not intend for above post to be posted Twice ** at least for today....UNable to delete a post

as has always been the case.... Evaluations and comparing players is Subjective !
" Recognition" definitely also plays a part

but for someone to claim that Highlight video " are just about the most useless way to evaluate talent there is "

In my experience... I have known numerous Very successful college coaches that have benefited (offered scholarships and impact players ) from the resource of Highlight videos.
I myself.. directly benefited (multiple All Conf players ) from the resource of Highlight videos

I probably overstated my dislike for highlight videos a little too much. However I do not feel they show an accurate representation of the overall talent of a player. Sure in a highlight video you can see things like overall athleticism, ball handling ability, and shooting form. You can't see things like shot selection, overall hustle, how turnover prone a player is, do they play the entire game or take plays off, do they help on D, do they pout when their shot isn't falling, etc. I just find that the things not usually shown in a highlight tape are better indicators to the overall talent of a player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom