U of L Adds 2016 Verbal - Maybe? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

U of L Adds 2016 Verbal - Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Hey, that looks familiar. Always love it when people copy my tweets and strip my name out.

Anyway, there's conflicting info on whether Louisville is still recruiting Brown. One of their beat writers reported that her official visit was canceled after the 2 commits yesterday and she's off their recruiting board. He claims they're now going after only Cox, Johnson, and Caretti—and that only one more player would be added to the recruiting class.

Yes, it appears Brown and Jones were in contention for the same spot. Jones was clearly the main target, so I am not surprised to see Brown's visit cancelled upon her commitment. The Jones Family are HUGE FSU fans, so I believe the question was always whether or not she could be lured away from the family's favorite. Asked, and answered.

Raoul does appear to be getting his info from our beat writer Jody Demling. Cox, Johnson and Caretti are the final targets. Many speculate Cox is either ND or Baylor's to lose. As long as she is making the visit we are still in the race. I have no idea about Johnson. Caretti is new to the big stage but has some big time suitors. Not sure she has finalized any visits yet. I know Louisville is definitely going after her.

RE: spots left on the roster. Henderson is gone, at least for now and perhaps for good, if she does well this year in T x F. All indications are she should continue to blossom with only focusing on her field events. She is a much stronger Field athlete than a basketball athlete(though I do love her on the court). She has the potential to make the Olympics. All indications are she will use the remainder of her eligibility focusing on her stronger sport. We do have Walton who is a RS junior. I can only speculate that perhaps she does not plan to use her 5th year. That is PURE speculation. She graduated in 3 years and has already begun a semester of her Masters work. (Which, btw, Deines also graduated in 3 years and opted to transfer to Kansas, or Kansas St, for her final year of eligibility so that she could get playing time. )

Reaction Score
Yes, it appears Brown and Jones were in contention for the same spot. Jones was clearly the main target, so I am not surprised to see Brown's visit cancelled upon her commitment. The Jones Family are HUGE FSU fans, so I believe the question was always whether or not she could be lured away from the family's favorite. Asked, and answered.

Raoul does appear to be getting his info from our beat writer Jody Demling. Cox, Johnson and Caretti are the final targets. Many speculate Cox is either ND or Baylor's to lose. As long as she is making the visit we are still in the race. I have no idea about Johnson. Caretti is new to the big stage but has some big time suitors. Not sure she has finalized any visits yet. I know Louisville is definitely going after her.
Yes, I mentioned Demling earlier in this thread, so obviously he's the beat writer I was referring to.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Definitely pursuing Caretti.
Wouldn't Jensen Caretti be duplicating Jazmine Jones in the same class? Almost same size & same skill set: "Ultra-athletic, versatile Combo-guard, exploits mismatches, "

Reaction Score
Wouldn't Jensen Caretti be duplicating Jazmine Jones in the same class? Almost same size & same skill set: "Ultra-athletic, versatile Combo-guard, exploits mismatches, "

I think every coach would love to have as many " Ultra-athletic, versatile Combo- guards " as possible. They can play 3 or 4 at a time.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
She said she plans to come back the following year, but if so, then Jeff has zero scholarships to give out for the class of 2017 unless someone leaves the program.

Also, I wrote that Megan Deines transferred to Colorado when she actually transferred to Kansas St. It was Ariana Freeman who transferred to Colorado.
given the above comments, sounds like it's high probability that someone DOES leave the program.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think every coach would love to have as many " Ultra-athletic, versatile Combo- guards " as possible. They can play 3 or 4 at a time.
No doubt. But I am looking at it in the context of pursuing Caretti, Jones, and Caretti with Jones being the number 1 target. If Louisville's plan was to have more than 1 Ultra-athletic, versatile Combo- guards then maybe they should have explained that to Brown who is > than Caretti IMO.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
No doubt. But I am looking at it in the context of pursuing Caretti, Jones, and Caretti with Jones being the number 1 target. If Louisville's plan was to have more than 1 Ultra-athletic, versatile Combo- guards then maybe they should have explained that to Brown who is > than Caretti IMO.

Why is there an assumption it was not explained?
No one outside of the staff and the Brown family can possibly know what was and was not explained.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Why is there an assumption it was not explained?
No one outside of the staff and the Brown family can possibly know what was and was not explained.
Just the timing and mere speculation on my part is all.
Timing: Less than 24 Hours after Jones committed Brown cancels her previously scheduled visit.
Speculation: If Brown knew the plan-that there would still be Louisville interest in her even if Jones signed- she would have at least gone through with the previously scheduled visit.
Also not adding up: After Jones committs, and Brown cancels her visit Louisville announces they are still in pursuit of a similar ( but arguably lesser) player-Caretti.

Reaction Score
Just the timing and mere speculation on my part is all.
Timing: Less than 24 Hours after Jones committed Brown cancels her previously scheduled visit.
Speculation: If Brown knew the plan-that there would still be Louisville interest in her even if Jones signed- she would have at least gone through with the previously scheduled visit.
Also not adding up: After Jones committs, and Brown cancels her visit Louisville announces they are still in pursuit of a similar ( but arguably lesser) player-Caretti.
I think you have the Brown info backward. If her visit to Louisville was canceled, it was almost certainly canceled by the school, not her. Demling stated the day that Jones committed that Brown was off Louisville's board and her visit was off. The very next day, her final four was released (presumably by her AAU team via a news outlet), with Louisville on it. I pointed out this discrepancy on Twitter, and the guy who posted her final four later replied to my tweet, insisting that Louisville was still recruiting Brown. I'm not sure what to believe here, but Demling is usually reliable with his information.

I'm with you, though, on being puzzled by Louisville dropping Brown but still recruiting Caretti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom