U of L Adds 2016 Verbal - Maybe? | The Boneyard

U of L Adds 2016 Verbal - Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Today in know your enemies...(aka non-UConn recruiting news):

Jazmine Jones (HoopGurlz #21, Prospects Nation #12, Blue Star #17) is announcing her commitment today at 4. She's a perimeter player out of Florida (HG says she is 5'10, PN says 6'1).

PN tweeted she was committed to Louisville before hastily deleting that tweet. Louisville would have been the heavy favorite regardless -- she just took her official there last weekend.

Miami, Florida State and Ohio State are the other finalists.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Someone close to the L'ville program has been saying that Jones is their #1 target which also tells us that they don't feel good about their chances with Cox.

Reaction Score
there may be a second verbal today from a post named Dunham

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Someone close to the L'ville program has been saying that Jones is their #1 target which also tells us that they don't feel good about their chances with Cox.

They shouldn't.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Dunham is a post player from Philadelphia. She's unranked; not an impact player.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I never thought L'ville was a major player for Cox. I thought Baylor and ND seemed to be her top 2...?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I never thought L'ville was a major player for Cox. I thought Baylor and ND seemed to be her top 2...?

Bless Lauren and her family if they go through with all of the scheduled visits. I certainly understand when recruits decide to spare themselves and their families the travel wear and tear and just make an announcement if they know where they want to end up. In Cox's case, the two favorites per message board experts are her first and last visits with visits to the little-chance schools in between. Does she really need that last visit to Baylor for homecoming to help her decide between ND and Baylor? I'm exhausted just thinking about their schedule. Maybe they really like attending college football games.

Reaction Score
Had ND won the National Championship or beaten UConn in December last year, no doubt Cox would have ND as her overwhelming favorite. UConn winning changed all that. Could be any of the five now.

Reaction Score
Bless Lauren and her family if they go through with all of the scheduled visits. I certainly understand when recruits decide to spare themselves and their families the travel wear and tear and just make an announcement if they know where they want to end up. In Cox's case, the two favorites per message board experts are her first and last visits with visits to the little-chance schools in between. Does she really need that last visit to Baylor for homecoming to help her decide between ND and Baylor? I'm exhausted just thinking about their schedule. Maybe they really like attending college football games.
Suspect so - didn't she say she wanted to go to a school with a big football program?

Reaction Score
Had ND won the National Championship or beaten UConn in December last year, no doubt Cox would have ND as her overwhelming favorite. UConn winning changed all that. Could be any of the five now.
B. Turner and L.Cox tandem is dangerous when brought up. I'm interested to see if Muffet can pull it off. As a Duke fan I hope she lands at Baylor, but I'm going to say she lands at Notre Dame ... Don't be surprised to see the play of Natatlie Butler shy away Lauren Cox.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Don't be surprised to see the play of Natatlie Butler shy away Lauren Cox.

I would think a recruit would be encouraged by the presence a very good big ahead of her. And twin towers are cool. Having said that I would be very pleased but surprised if Cox were to choose the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Dunham is a post player from Philadelphia. She's unranked; not an impact player.
Sounds similar to what a Louisville fan might say about a player like, say, Molly Bent.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Sounds similar to what a Louisville fan might say about a player like, say, Molly Bent.

Or similar to what a UConn fan might say about a player like, say, Molly Bent.

Reaction Score
Or similar to what a UConn fan might say about a player like, say, Molly Bent.
OK. Fair enough. But I thought "Molly who?" was just the initial reaction and then people came around later.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Jazmine Jones has committed to Louisville and is Jeff's 3rd commit for 2016 http://www.scout.com/college/louisville/story/1584670-top-wing-jazmine-jones-commits-to-louisville

Prior committments were #35 Ranked Kaylee Shook 6'4" post player and Sydney Zambrotta 5'9" Guard from NY.

http://www.scout.com/college/louisville/story/1580995-louisville-women-land-top-2016-guard

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...s-louisville-womens-basketball-team/70165188/

According to Louisville Beat reporter Ass't Coach Sam Purcell is visiting Lauren Cox today. https://twitter.com/jdemling

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Louisville needs post players above anything (in my opinion)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Louisville needs post players above anything (in my opinion)
Louisville is still in the running for two of top three 2016 Post. Cierra Johnson and Lauren Cox.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
You know I would be worried if ND didn't have an even more highly rated wing committed (Jackie Young) :cool:

Reaction Score
Louisville is still in the running for two of top three 2016 Post. Cierra Johnson and Lauren Cox.
I doubt they get either Johnson or Cox, but they're likely to get another post commit (Bionca Dunham) in about an hour. That might wrap up their 2016 class.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would think a recruit would be encouraged by the presence a very good big ahead of her. And twin towers are cool. Having said that I would be very pleased but surprised if Cox were to choose the Huskies.
Rocky brilliant point about Cox being part of a twin tower. If you look at all the schools on her remaining list it is inevitable that Cox for a while will be part of a Twin Tower & playing alongside someone just as tall as her. UCONN ( Butler) :Lady Vols ( Russell), ND ( Reimer, Turner) Baylor (Brown, Montpremier) , Louisville ( Shook).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom