U. of Florida's Leading Scorer Christinaki Leaves the Team | The Boneyard

U. of Florida's Leading Scorer Christinaki Leaves the Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I really want to know what this "unspecified violation of team culture" is...

Reaction Score
Also according to the article, "reshman guard Delicia Washington will also be unavailable for the first half of today’s matchup against the Bulldogs for a related violation of team culture, Cafazzo said."

Huh? "Related"?

Reaction Score
Also according to the article, "reshman guard Delicia Washington will also be unavailable for the first half of today’s matchup against the Bulldogs for a related violation of team culture, Cafazzo said."

Huh? "Related"?

I think the two of them got into an argument of some kind

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think we forget that foreign players are going through serious cultural shocks in coming to US colleges, just as the US pros experience shocks headed to Europe and Asia. But they are going through the shocks at a much younger age. They do have an advantage typically in having some english skills, or at least greater exposure to multiple languages than the typical american.

Reaction Score
I think we forget that foreign players are going through serious cultural shocks in coming to US colleges, just as the US pros experience shocks headed to Europe and Asia. But they are going through the shocks at a much younger age. They do have an advantage typically in having some english skills, or at least greater exposure to multiple languages than the typical american.

They also have the choice of going pro at a younger age I would think.....

Reaction Score
Quite the shame as she was good and a real asset to the team, but I can't judge her. Different culture, different country... being 19 and half way across the world from home doesn't exactly sound like a walk in the park. That's not something probably any of us have had to deal with. I would think she could easily go back to Greece / Cyprus and play pro there, so hopefully she has some success there!

Reaction Score
If ever there were a case of the truth being a three sided proposition I think this would be it. What the school said, what she said, and what actually happened.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I heard she was transferring to Baylor. But under an assumed name, and with cosmetic surgery, so she doesn't have to sit.

Mulkey has already tried that with her daughter. But that plan turned out to be a big "flop."

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Little did you know!!

Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 5h5 hours ago
WBB: Initial speculation had former Gator Eleanna Christinaki returning to Europe, but a source says she's visiting Louisville this week.

If Amanda Butler refused to grant Sydney Moss a transfer to any D-I school, I doubt she'll release Christinaki after what transpired there.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
If ever there were a case of the truth being a three sided proposition I think this would be it. What the school said, what she said, and what actually happened.
I don't get your remark. I don't see any real disagreements in what has come out - she had a tiff with a teammate and didn't appreciate being punished for it. I would accept that the viewpoint of the school (coach), both teammates and what actually happened may vary, and their opinions as to the appropriateness of what happened (and our somewhat uninformed opinions of who's right) - but in this case I can't see - unless I missed it - any factual issue.

I will add that I had read something of this before it hit the BY which was very terse but seemed to sum up what everything else has said.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
I don't understand your comment, there is no deviation from anyone as to what happened, she was involved in an argument with a teammate on the bench during a game and both were suspended for the first-half of the next game. She didn't think the punishment was warranted so she quit. All parties are in complete agreement as to the facts.

Reaction Score
I don't get your remark. I don't see any real disagreements in what has come out - she had a tiff with a teammate and didn't appreciate being punished for it. I would accept that the viewpoint of the school (coach), both teammates and what actually happened may vary, and their opinions as to the appropriateness of what happened (and our somewhat uninformed opinions of who's right) - but in this case I can't see - unless I missed it - any factual issue.

I will add that I had read something of this before it hit the BY which was very terse but seemed to sum up what everything else has said.

I don't understand your comment, there is no deviation from anyone as to what happened, she was involved in an argument with a teammate on the bench during a game and both were suspended for the first-half of the next game. She didn't think the punishment was warranted so she quit. All parties are in complete agreement as to the facts.

Thanks for graphically illustrating my point.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Is she transferring to UCONN?

Christinaki and her father were at the Baylor game against KU this past weekend. Maybe she is headed for Waco. Word is that she has also visited Maryland and Louisville.

Reaction Score
The coach has the final say. Sounds to me like someone needs an attitude adjustment. She wasn't the only one punished. Not sure Geno would want her. Doesn't sound like a team player. If she thinks Amanda Butler is tough, what would she think of Geno?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom