U Conn VS Notre Dame Wednesday December 7th ESPN 2 | The Boneyard

U Conn VS Notre Dame Wednesday December 7th ESPN 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Always looking to meet new people. Especially sports minded ones. If anyone gets the chance to make the trip id love to buy you a drink at The Linebacker right across from campus and talk some hoops.. If interested let me know and i will give you my number. Us N.D. fans arnt so bad lol.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Has ESPN put out the women's schedule yet? I haven't seen it!

Reaction Score
She wasn't Stewie until the FF... they did quite fine vs Breanna Stewart.
Ah yes, that is correct--Yet it would appear Muffet and ND find this years game more to their liking.
3.5 years. They did quite fine against Stewie in the 2012-13 regular season (3-0).
Stewie was Stewie I don't remember a name change. But the 3.5 is more correct than 4 plus. Stewie just found some Confidence in the post season--or maybe got a swift kick in the kazoo from Geno. Still Muffet and ND are breathing a sigh of relief they don't have to face the golden 3 again!.
In ND's defense, ALL of WCBB has been waiting impatiently for 4 years....
If you listen to Geno --you'd have thought every body and their uncles were lining up to play Uconn this year. The smart ones signed up to play Uconn THIS year--I sincerely think some are going to be very sad after the encounter with this OFF YEAR team.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I was looking at the Irish and UConn schedules and saw that DePaul features prominently in both the week of our game (for UConn, before at home; for the Irish, away just after --- can you say trap game?). Then I looked at the Huskie's schedule....it is brutal: FSU, Baylor, Texas, DePaul, ND. Some tough locales in LSU and Kansas State. Good Dayton team, always well-coached Chattanooga (the Foster game). That would be tough with the Holy Trinity still around, but Geno looks like he's trying to have a Trial By Fire for This Year's Model. Smart...get lessons and lumps learned early and make sure the engine is fine-tuned in league play. Irish pre-league is no piece of cake either (six games on the road in December), but nothing like the Huskies.

Now, I'm getting psyched!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I was looking at the Irish and UConn schedules and saw that DePaul features prominently in both the week of our game (for UConn, before at home; for the Irish, away just after --- can you say trap game?). Then I looked at the Huskie's schedule....it is brutal: FSU, Baylor, Texas, DePaul, ND. Some tough locales in LSU and Kansas State. Good Dayton team, always well-coached Chattanooga (the Foster game). That would be tough with the Holy Trinity still around, but Geno looks like he's trying to have a Trial By Fire for This Year's Model. Smart...get lessons and lumps learned early and make sure the engine is fine-tuned in league play. Irish pre-league is no piece of cake either (six games on the road in December), but nothing like the Huskies.

Now, I'm getting psyched!

Yep- when you get four NCs, two of the five longest winning streaks in WCBB history, etc., you just inevitably face a letdown season to an extent (a la 2004-05). Of course, we do have some great players who have all the room in the world to assert themselves: Nurse, Gabby, KLS, NaPheesa, Crystal, etc. ND, meanwhile, has a ton of talent and some better health (presumably), as do Texas and South Carolina, so next season will be a tough proposition to say the least.

Ah well- if Geno can extend his streak of NCAA Tourney wins past 24, continue his streak of 23 trips to the regional semis or better, and march inexorably closer to 1,098 total victories, I'll be happy.

Good luck to your team this season.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Yep- when you get four NCs, two of the five longest winning streaks in WCBB history, etc., you just inevitably face a letdown season to an extent (a la 2004-05). Of course, we do have some great players who have all the room in the world to assert themselves: Nurse, Gabby, KLS, NaPheesa, Crystal, etc. ND, meanwhile, has a ton of talent and some better health (presumably), as do Texas and South Carolina, so next season will be a tough proposition to say the least.

Ah well- if Geno can extend his streak of NCAA Tourney wins past 24, continue his streak of 23 trips to the regional semis or better, and march inexorably closer to 1,098 total victories, I'll be happy.

Good luck to your team this season.

Thanks.
If I didn't make the point strongly enough, I'm very much applauding Geno's approach in scheduling here.

For what it's worth, my primary allegiance in WCBB was, is and will always be Notre Dame. I'm friends with the women who founded the Club that led to the varsity program; coached in the initial interhall female basketball leagues and had two of those players join the first varsity team. However, a decade+ later, my next door neighbor in northern NJ told be about a guy named Geno at his alma mater who coached a pretty good game... and I've been an admirer and fan (in most instances) since then.

So I look forward to seeing how both teams do on and off the court. Good luck all!

Reaction Score
Always looking to meet new people. Especially sports minded ones. If anyone gets the chance to make the trip id love to buy you a drink at The Linebacker right across from campus and talk some hoops.. If interested let me know and i will give you my number. Us N.D. fans arnt so bad lol.
My wife and I flew out 2 years ago without tickets and had a wonderful time!! While looking to buy tix from a scalper or anyone, we were found a woman with two tickets and she wouldn't take any money for them. Before taking her tickets, my wife and I unzipped our jackets to show our UConn colors so she knew that we were the enemy. She said, "Oh my goodness-welcome to Notre Dame!" and walked us into the building and into her season ticket holder section. She introduced us all around and we had a great time.

The only downside is that after going down 10 points in the first 10 minutes (the place was ROCKING) UCONN really turned it on and blew ND away and it was really hard to cheer full throated sitting with the wonderful ND fans who had given us tix!! Great people, great fans!!

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
I'm planning on making the trip! (2 miles down the road)
Almost pulled the trigger on ND season tickets last week just to get a seat in the lower level.
If anyone comes up with an extra ticket please let me known.
And yes, I'll even sit with ND fans. ;)
They'll be enough of 'em there.
Still trying to figure out that 4pm start time. Head-scratcher.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Oh crap. It's on the same night as Hairspray Live!

Reaction Score
I'm planning on making the trip! (2 miles down the road)
Almost pulled the trigger on ND season tickets last week just to get a seat in the lower level.
If anyone comes up with an extra ticket please let me known.
And yes, I'll even sit with ND fans. ;)
They'll be enough of 'em there.
Still trying to figure out that 4pm start time. Head-scratcher.
2 miles down the road ? You must live in Mishawaka or Granger and your a U Conn fan lol. Thats as bad as me being a Kentucky mens basketball fan the last 40 years. I actually live about a half mile from campus. I have 4 season tickets. If one of my kids ends up not going and i have a extra i will let you know. Im sure there will be some floating around. Especially with it being on a week night. Weather could be a factor in December as well. The game is at 7 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom