Tyrese Martin to UConn | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Tyrese Martin to UConn

Reaction Score
Would I take 4 guys, 3 of which were coached and recruited by a guy who had that team as a top 25 in the polls? In a offseason where we can’t go do in person visits? Yes. Yes I would. Adams proved he can play here, Fatts is a 1 year rental who quite frankly will be our 2nd or 3rd most likely to play in the NBA & I have faith in Martin. Toppin is the only wild card, and quite frankly I trust in hurleys assessment of talent.

Reaction Score
Would be like adding BoatShow. ultra-quick shotmaker. From ur lips to God’s ears man!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Can't help but wonder if we are keeping the last scholarship open for a run at Fatts. He would put us on a championship trajectory.

The problem is if the nba caves and pushes the draft back. That screws the timing of everything up.

Reaction Score
The problem is if the nba caves and pushes the draft back. That screws the timing of everything up.
how do you mean? i doubt it would be pushed back any further than august. in the meantime we can hopefully sign sanogo, nolley, or etienne (fingers crossed). but if not then there's no rush and we can wait on fatts to make a decision. we didn't get springs until the end of august, right?

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
how do you mean? i doubt it would be pushed back any further than august. in the meantime we can hopefully sign sanogo, nolley, or etienne (fingers crossed). but if not then there's no rush and we can wait on fatts to make a decision. we didn't get springs until the end of august, right?

And if Fatts stays in the draft? Burning a scholarship for a year?

It’s better for the draft to stay where it is so we know if Fatts is in or not in June.

Reaction Score
And if Fatts stays in the draft? Burning a scholarship for a year?
It’s better for the draft to stay where it is so we know if Fatts is in or not in June.
that's what i meant when i said we got springs in late august. we're not burning it by waiting until then, per se. we'd just have a severe lack of options at that point...but we'd be in that position regardless if we missed on sanogo, nolley, etienne, and fatts...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
that's what i meant when i said we got springs in late august. we're not burning it by waiting until then, per se. we'd just have a severe lack of options at that point...but we'd be in that position regardless if we missed on sanogo, nolley, etienne, and fatts...
So you'd be OK with the risk of a limited pool of available talent for Fatts in August, I think I'd agree and take the risk. But there's no way to spin the draft being moved back 2 months as a positive in that scenario

Reaction Score
So you'd be OK with the risk of a limited pool of available talent for Fatts in August, I think I'd agree and take the risk. But there's no way to spin the draft being moved back 2 months as a positive in that scenario
yup. outside of sanogo, nolley, and mac, we're already dealing w/ a limited pool of available talent. if not Fatts then who?

el amin and carey are the only other guys we've been linked with and theyre not making or breaking our season.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
yup. outside of sanogo, nolley, and mac, we're already dealing w/ a limited pool of available talent. if not Fatts then who?

el amin and carey are the only other guys we've been linked with and theyre not making or breaking our season.
My thinking is staff if confident in either Sanogo or Nolley; outside possibility someone we haven’t been linked to like a Russell. I think we’re out on Mac, we haven’t been linked to him for a little while now the chatter died towards the end of the season.

Reaction Score
My thinking is staff if confident in either Sanogo or Nolley; outside possibility someone we haven’t been linked to like a Russell. I think we’re out on Mac, we haven’t been linked to him for a little while now the chatter died towards the end of the season.

Don't worry about Mac yet.

Reaction Score
Head to head highlights of the game posted earlier in the thread. He’s got some onions to his game.

The kid has stones. A little reminescent of Shabazz in terms of focus and resolve.

Reaction Score

Hope you're right on Sanogo. After watching the Martin/Reddish matchup, maybe we don't need Nolley.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We should have the best rebounding team we’ve had in a while.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom