Tyrese Martin sleeve tag | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tyrese Martin sleeve tag

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
If it doesn't him, shouldn't bother you. Who knows maybe he tore one off once and played lousy - mojo and all
As Crash Davis said to Nuke La Loosh: "Never duck* with a winning streak!"

Reaction Score
If it distracts and bothers the other team so that they stare at it during the game, then good show.

The UConn players have adapted to it, I am sure.

If the tag hangs out backwards, then maybe if the other team has high IQ players, they will test their skills and try to read what it says.

As I recall on an IQ test I took a generation ago, they have several questions showing a series of words or a sentence . with the letters spelled backwards , and you are smart if you can figure out what they are and give the correct answer.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
and now, the 'be-all and end-all explanation' to the tag-out thing. almost any active person or athlete, having a need for, say, a wrist, ankle, knee, elbow, or such rubbery/plasticky, part cottony brace/sleeve, and in holistically tuned connection with their body, knows that the overall feel on the skin for the brace can be different if that dopey plastic tag is between the skin and the brace. it can feel disruptive to the overall flow of the brace and ur experience using one -often to the point of annoyance, continual annoyance, unless ur mind and body are made of steel. those 'steel' types are rare. 'so, cut it off!' some may say. not so fast. first, there are the problems of bad tag removal surgery where if u don't get it right, you can be left with a stub that, incapable now of being moved, just sits there, digging in. if you go too far with the surgery, you can cut the banding where the tag is usually attached, and then ruin the tension/support chi of the brace at that end.
i'll explain it using the example of chainsaw work, where ur footgear setup (boots, socks, etc) is perfectly in order, yet somehow the tiniest, almost imperceptible wood flake gets into ur sock ('hey! im here!'), and now ur whole game is messed up, cuz then ur mind is consumed with ending that problem (rubbing ur shoe, pulling the sock, etc and etc, until ur often forced into the last answer -break it all down, and deconstruct, sometimes in the rain, snow, ice, freezing cold, mud..), cuz the stakes for not being ur best self, especially if ur winging around a running chainsaw, can be deadly. a tiny koyanissquatsi- 'out of balance.'
with all the seemingly yuge issues around him, watch how much an oil change issue can consume rick's attention.

isn't there a fable aboot a tiny mouse, and an even tinier sliver, and a great lion?
doesn't mj have commercials selling tagless t shirts? i wonder why. actually, i don't.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On his right arm, he wears a compression sleeve with the tag always flopping out. This bother anyone else?

I’d rather digest this topic after a win than beat up the team after a loss.
Doesn't bother me but it bothered one person in a group chat of mine. Thought he was the only one lol...

Reaction Score
My wife has been complaining about it for weeks. I have still not noticed it, unless you count the Google image search I did to see for myself.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yeah the tag on a kids uniform bothers the hell out of me
JSMH

Reaction Score
Never noticed it til this thread....tonight it bothered me lol thanks guys like I needed something else to bother me tonight

Reaction Score
Never noticed it til this thread....tonight it bothered me lol thanks guys like I needed something else to bother me tonight
Martin Tag Poem

Smile from thread to thread...
Flopping from left to right...
Simply enjoying life...
Praying we win tonight...

Reaction Score
I'm a military guy. A uniform is meant to be...................................uniform.

Reaction Score
The tag is really a test of how many Boneyarders have OCD.

I am, unfortunately, one of them.

Reaction Score
Definitely slows him down on the break. Need to trim it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom