Tyler Summitt's First Year | The Boneyard

Tyler Summitt's First Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So now we know where Micki Demoss went - she's an assistant to Tyler. Some of the Tenn fans can correct me, but I think she was the lead recruiter for Tennessee all those years she was with Pat. Yeah Pat was the closer, but Demoss was the recruiter during Pat's best years...

If nothing else, she should be able to help Tyler land some solid kids.

Reaction Score
I'll be curious to see how they do next season. He has 2 transfers ready to join in plus 4 freshman he recruited. That will give us an idea of what direction he's taking the team.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think he did a good job. The program was down when he took over. It will take a little time. The program took a step forward this year. I have no doubt Tyler can get the job done there.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The Real Question is how long will Tyler be at La Tech? Can't see him coaching there for more then 3 years as some other school will entice him away. There are some rumors that Matt Insell of Ole Miss might be considered for the Georgia Head Coaching position. If he gets the job, would Ole Miss hire Tyler as his replacement even though knowing eventually he'll end up at Tennessee. Might have to wait until Dave Hart leaves. :)

HGN

Reaction Score
Tyler is no Pat....But who is ? To be 16-15 the first season isn't bad. I think given time he will build a good program at Tech. Hopefully the fanbase and alumni will give him the time. Once they start winning over a couple seasons he will get better recruits and more wins.

I think he is going to do well.

Reaction Score
From what i have seen this year, Tyler has done a good job..... we will see where his path takes him.... he is very mature for his age..... he brought mickie in to balance his youth with some experience... a good move

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
So now we know where Micki Demoss went - she's an assistant to Tyler. Some of the Tenn fans can correct me, but I think she was the lead recruiter for Tennessee all those years she was with Pat. Yeah Pat was the closer, but Demoss was the recruiter during Pat's best years...

If nothing else, she should be able to help Tyler land some solid kids.
She's been there from the beginning with Tyler.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The Real Question is how long will Tyler be at La Tech? Can't see him coaching there for more then 3 years as some other school will entice him away. There are some rumors that Matt Insell of Ole Miss might be considered for the Georgia Head Coaching position. If he gets the job, would Ole Miss hire Tyler as his replacement even though knowing eventually he'll end up at Tennessee. Might have to wait until Dave Hart leaves. :)
Tennessee is now in search for a coach for the men's team. Hart had a press conference today. He indicated they are going too enter the market. Talking about a possible salary. He didn't give any figures. I think for La Tech they need too get more support. From fans and alumni. In order too compete with the bigger schools.

Reaction Score
We certainly know that Tyler has a good Public Relations staff. I’m wondering if he was brought in for that reason and Mickie DeMoss was hired to run the team. She’s the one with coaching credentials.

It’s not like La Tech was doing all that badly before Tyler arrived. One bad year 13’-14’ at 12-20. The previous year at 14-17, before that all over 20 win seasons and only 2 seasons under .500 since the beginning..

Tyler’s year looked decent, but there are 5 seniors graduating, so he benefited from an experienced squad during his first year. The next several years will be more instructive as to his ability.

So far, his best attribute is "who’s ya mamma", not to be confused with the Hoosier Mama Pie Company.

Reaction Score
I think that he did well. First year leading a historic WCBB program and finished above .500. Not bad at all.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have no doubt that his growing up immersed in his mother's Tenn program gave him the opportunity to absorb many things a good coach must do and know. Whether he will mature into a fine coach of a major program... well that remains to be seen over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom