2024 Recruiting: - Tyler Betsey down to 7 schools | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Tyler Betsey down to 7 schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I don’t know what this person knows or doesn’t know, but public predictions flipped to Auburn over the last 24 hours.

He also did the Texas and WVU predictions for Cam Scott and Akok after their destinations seem to have become common knowledge.

To be fair, I kind of hate these types of recruiting accounts (including Slater and the other more well known ones). Let guys have their moments and stop swinging it around in some imagined contest.
Wow that was quick. I’m sold. He knows all.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Me, poke fun at the Friars? You are mistaken, sir. They are like the little engine that, well not could, but at least has a chance as anyone.
Figured I could get a two for. A laugh at Cuse and Providence.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
What life? I'm talking a double sawbuck here.
That's a much more prudent wager than the one you quoted.

Then again, if you bet his life and lost, you wouldn't be out $20. Something to consider.

PS - I first heard "double sawbucks" a long time ago when it was offered for caddying a full round for 2 bags. A lot of money then.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'm always most nervous about the Friars swooping in when they are not associated with a recruit at any point before his commitment. They are always lurking in the weeds.
Maybe they slip in and get Akok, leaving Cooley scratching his head. It could happen.

Would he then be the first ever to play for 3 Big East teams?

Reaction Score
I believe that is part of the joke.

Decades ago I read a write up on a Simpson's episode where one of the characters stepped on a rake and it hit him in the face twenty some odd times in a row.

The author of the write up said something along the line of "the first time was not really funny as it was an old joke. The second and third time had me thinking 'this is stupid' but as they continued it got funnier and funnier. By the time the approached twenty it was comedy gold and by the time they were done I was in hysterics".

The "Providence has as good a chance as anyone" line has reached the point where it is basically a mandatory response. The humor initially was in the line itself but now there is additional humor in its excess.

Reaction Score
This Jacob guy seems to be right a lot, although when this is your mindset it's very easy to be right and not have any wrong Twitter predictions

Reaction Score
Instead of recruiting Cane to UConn, he told him to go to Cincy. Now Cane, who is the Head Coach at Betsey's school, seems to be steering Betsey to Cincy.
Anyone coach that advises him to go to Cincinnati does not have Betsy’s best interest in mind. AAC is a terrible conference for basketball, and Cincinnati hasn’t made tournament in 4 years.

Reaction Score
This Jacob guy seems to be right a lot, although when this is your mindset it's very easy to be right and not have any wrong Twitter predictions

One has to admire the if I‘m right, I will promote myself but if I‘m wrong, I will act like it never happened approach.

It’s expected to be a relatively quiet next couple of weeks, with players home and some staff on vacation.

Reaction Score
Not much new recruiting info, but it’s good to hear he’s playing well.

Betsey is the top-ranked player in the state and ranked 29th nationally in 247sports.com's2024 class. He has 27 college offers so far including bids from several blue-blood programs like Connecticut, Villanova, Duke and Kansas.

Betsey said he’s closer to choosing where he’ll play in college but is still undecided. His focus now, he said, is winning a championship at St. Thomas More.

Reaction Score
Not sure how involved Nova is with this guy. I’d be surprised if he ends up at Nova .

Reaction Score
Saw Betsey play Monday night at the GHPA Finals at Saint Joseph’s. His team lost but he was probably their best player. He definitely held his own against Vargas Chapman Woods who had a couple former D1 guys. Skinny but looks the part. The PA announcer didn’t give any insight about his college decision, kept saying he was down to 7 schools haha.

Reaction Score
Also saw Betsey play in the Sunday loss to Vargas. I didn't know who he was until reading this column. His game is memorable with many made excellent three pointers especially in the first half of that game. He was playing beyond his age and one of the best players on the floor. He also has a nice presence and court awareness.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Anyone coach that advises him to go to Cincinnati does not have Betsy’s best interest in mind. AAC is a terrible conference for basketball, and Cincinnati hasn’t made tournament in 4 years.
agreed. no one willingly wants to play mid major basketball.

thankfully between cincinnati and uconn only one of them plays in a league like that.

Reaction Score
20230818_002147.jpg

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Don’t need insider information to know he ain’t going to Cincinnati. Great news if that’s actually the final 2.

Reaction Score
Don’t need insider information to know he ain’t going to Cincinnati. Great news if that’s actually the final 2.
I’d be very very surprised if he went to Cincinnati, but a relationship between a recruit and a coach can be an important factor. Gavin Griffiths’ commitment to Rutgers reportedly had a lot to do with Pikiell being there. Pikiell knows Griffith’s dad from when they were schoolboys. Those kind of factors can occasionally move the needle.

Reaction Score
I’d be very very surprised if he went to Cincinnati, but a relationship between a recruit and a coach can be an important factor. Gavin Griffiths’ commitment to Rutgers reportedly had a lot to do with Pikiell being there. Pikiell knows Griffith’s dad from when they were schoolboys. Those kind of factors can occasionally move the needle.
Also relationships seems to be why Kansas St is in the mix for Ngongba, Corey Floyd's dad re the Providence recruiting juggernaut, etc. The Gavin Griffiths choice has scarred me. Saw he was 5-10 from 3 in his first game in Portugal.

Reaction Score
Also relationships seems to be why Kansas St is in the mix for Ngongba, Corey Floyd's dad re the Providence recruiting juggernaut, etc. The Gavin Griffiths choice has scarred me. Saw he was 5-10 from 3 in his first game in Portugal.
I think Abraham (his cousin) committing here more than offsets the connections Kansas State has. Ngongba was at Abraham’s announcement in person. And they did the official visit together. So I’m pretty optimistic. But Griffiths was a guy I wanted to stay home for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom