Two Not Great Omens | The Boneyard

Two Not Great Omens

Reaction Score
The NCAA denied South Carolina's Destiny Littleton's transfer appeal and Harry Perretta is retiring from Villanova at the end of the season.

Harry and Geno are buddies and Harry's a year younger than Geno, who is 65.

As far as I know, Littleton didn't have as good a reason to transfer from Texas as Evina Westbrook (coach's firing) had to transfer from Tennessee, so hopefully the denial of her appeal isn't as foreboding as it at first appears.

I sure hope Geno doesn't decide to put his feet up alongside his buddy.

Last edited:

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
While I hope that Geno is with us for some time to come, when that day does come .. I hope folks are happy for him, and not bitter. He's been at this a long time, had, literally, unparalleled success, and when he decides it's time for grandkids and golf, we should all applaud and raise a toast...even, if there's a tear in the corner of our eye.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 7.21.01 PM.png

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't think coaches firing will be a factor for Westbrook. Locker room/fan animosity might be.
I've always thought the combination of the two would make for her playing this year.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Yeah, but you're fixated on what's logical and what's right. NCAA may have other ideas.
Damn. I forgot logic flies out the window when anyone has to deal with those guys.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I've always thought the combination of the two would make for her playing this year.

In the Courant podcast breaking down the waiver procedures, they made a point of saying that a waiver must fit one of 4 categories or buckets. If the case is of the form 'a little bit of this' and 'a little bit of that', then I think that would not fly.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Aren't they mutually exclusive? NCAA/Logic?
Only when they rule against your school. If not they are great! Much like all large institutions. ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The NCAA denied South Carolina's Destiny Littleton's transfer appeal and Harry Perretta is retiring from Villanova at the end of the season.

Harry is retiring after this year, because he knows it's his last chance to win the league. ;)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

As far as I know, Littleton didn't have as good a reason to transfer from Texas as Evina Westbrook (coach's firing) had to transfer from Tennessee, so hopefully the denial of her appeal isn't as foreboding as it at first appears.

It's always good to have hope.

Reaction Score
I think Westbrook gets her waiver, and we'll hear soon. Perhaps as early as today.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score

Why would you want to deny Geno well deserved rest and relaxation with his friend?

1572618463464.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Two entirely different situations. Geno is competing at the highest level. That is something you try to keep in your life as long as you can

Reaction Score
I think Westbrook gets her waiver, and we'll hear soon. Perhaps as early as today.

I don’t understand how Westbrook fits in with this team. Won’t she potentially interfere with the development of the younger stars, Bueckers and Fudd (my prediction)? I’d want both to be Day 1 starters.

Reaction Score
IMO, if Westbrook sits out this year, I think she only plays one year for Geno. (See Azura Stevens)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom