Twitter: UniWatch New Logo | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Twitter: UniWatch New Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thats the worst looking beaver I've maybe ever seen.

OK, but look, its a beaver. Making it tough is silly. Huskies are strong proud tough animals related to wolves. The womens board is soiling themselves over the idea of an unfriendly husky. Well that's wimpy crap. But a husky is not a wolf. It is a working dog that is loyal, strong and fierce when called for. They need to capture that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
OK, but look, its a beaver. Making it tough is silly. Huskies are strong proud tough animals related to wolves. The womens board is soiling themselves over the idea of an unfriendly husky. Well that's wimpy crap. But a husky is not a wolf. It is a working dog that is loyal, strong and fierce when called for. They need to capture that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
I was going for innuendo. But besides that, its mostly the angular, wind swept look of their design I don't like. Almost like they went for a Flying Elvis trait to it.

Reaction Score
I personally loved Pat. Great logo. And its still pretty popular. Elvis is just so corporate. Change the colors and it could be selling yogurt or shoes or who knows what. Or it could be a beaver...

Reaction Score
Nike squeezed a beaver into the shape of an acorn.

Are you jealous?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I personally loved Pat. Great logo. And its still pretty popular. Elvis is just so corporate. Change the colors and it could be selling yogurt or shoes or who knows what. Or it could be a beaver...

Yes, but even the Flying Elvis is much better than the design they rejected further up in this thread. I like the red uniforms better as well, and they still sell pretty well.

I just hope the Husky isn't awful or over-styled.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I personally believe that some very minor tweaking would be the best course of action. If Jonathan ends up with a small piece of human flesh stuck between two upper teeth and blood dripping from his tongue I'd say we have a winner.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I personally believe that some very minor tweaking would be the best course of action. If Jonathan ends up with a small piece of human flesh stuck between two upper teeth and blood dripping from his tongue I'd say we have a winner.

I'd like to see them tone down the fluffiness of the fur. Real Huskies have much shorter fur than that. I'd like to work in the blue eyes somehow. This is a cool look.

Reaction Score
That rejected Patriots logo was apparently reborn in the form on the NE Revolution logo. Seriously, go look at it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I sure hope they don't do something really stupid like trying to fit a Husky into a nutmeg. I'm not even sure I know what a nutmeg looks like.

Reaction Score
I sure hope they don't do something really stupid like trying to fit a Husky into a nutmeg. I'm not even sure I know what a nutmeg looks like.

Funny thing about Connecticut/Nutmeg, that perhaps not everyone knows, is that Nutmeg doesn't grow here. Our early citizens used to sell fake Nutmegs to unsuspecting buyers.

We're shady.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Am I betraying my birthplace, if I say nutmeg sucks? Every time they garnish my Painkiller with it, I am very dissapointed.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
That rejected Patriots logo was apparently reborn in the form on the NE Revolution logo. Seriously, go look at it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, probably. But that's much better too. Soccer ball works better and it has more stripes. It's clear the one above was an unfinished product.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I am probably in the minority, but I like Oregon State's new logo.

I don't know if "like" is the word, but it beats the old one.

Reaction Score
I don't know if "like" is the word, but it beats the old one.
It absolutely does. I wouldn't mind buying an OSU shirt in the near future with that logo.

Reaction Score
Glad the locals aren't getting over the top with cynicism.

580x413

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Glad the locals aren't getting over the top with cynicism.

580x413

The Cujo one is kind of what I had in mind, just with a bit more fur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom