Twitter and Big East Films | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Twitter and Big East Films

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Weird how Fox didn’t send their crew to the game and turned down the crowd as well
National TV and they didn’t want the “**** Ed Cooley” or “where’s your mistress” chants to be heard.

Reaction Score
I guess they figured out the minor legal issue that was creating the issue. So now it even looks worse for Goodman. He should have at least had a basic idea of what the underlying legal issue was before starting to send DM’s. But I don’t think the DM’s are a threat it seems he was just trying to demean the content creator by saying you are so insignificant it’s going to take me time to research who you are since you are not famous like me. That was condescending bullying IMO

He said he was going to track him down after the season. Like literally track down a 20 year old college kid.

I have no idea why a grown man with something to lose would think it was a good idea to make threatening statements via DM, that makes content, and has a big enough following to drag you endlessly.

Reaction Score
I guess they figured out the minor legal issue that was creating the issue. So now it even looks worse for Goodman. He should have at least had a basic idea of what the underlying legal issue was before starting to send DM’s. But I don’t think the DM’s are a threat it seems he was just trying to demean the content creator by saying you are so insignificant it’s going to take me time to research who you are since you are not famous like me. That was condescending bullying IMO
This was re-uploaded by a random person, likely someone who had downloaded it. If they notice, they'll take it down again.

Reaction Score
Lol, the lack of self-awareness in that segment by Gottlieb is stunning.
Northeasty fans are s, apparently, esp. Providence, UConn and St. John's. But the filmmakers are DePaul fans likely from the Midwest? Just because someone makes a PC video doesn't mean they are from Providence or even the northeast.

Gottlieb fanning the flames

Reaction Score
I really think this drama is what Goodman does to stay relevant. Now he's used "defending Fanta" as his reasoning, even though sending those DMs has blown up the documentary and presumably exacerbated any headaches for JF.

Fanta is a CBB jewel and doesn't deserve to be involved in this mess
That is exactly my thought. I hope Fanta doesn't have to endure any negative repercussions from this or at least any more negative repercussions from this point forward.

Fanta's only fault is guilt by association or affiliation by merely being in this film. He didn't say anything salacious towards anyone, including Ed Cooley. Fanta spoke almost entirely in neutral language.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Here's a tip: if a professional attorney chimed in on something like this (one did) it's a good idea to defer to his opinion.
And every attorney is 100% correct/accurate about what they say?????????????

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I get it. But it lends credence to the story that isn't public. Cooley was clearly forced to choose or he wouldn't have left. The circumstances were such that he likely suffered the same fate as staying if he acknowledged that reality in public. So he had no choice but to pretend like this was a choice he made freely, which makes PC look worse. Even given that, he was still far less than gracious in his exit.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What’s there to grasp. An individual with Cooley’s behavioral issues has a strong probability of exiting a relationship in exactly the manner that you and the Providence fans are upset about.

You think his wife is thrilled about his behavior? Do you think he will change just because he is in a new location? Hopefully he will for his sake and the sake of his family. But his track record doesn’t leave that outcome likely. Be happy he’s no longer your problem.

As far as what could have been done I would have to know if he received contract extensions and monetary increases when his problems came to light. From what you are relating to us it seems his problems have a long history. I’m sure new contracts were made after the administration became aware of those problems.

I understand the difficulties that leaderships face under these circumstances. A fan base and boosters that adore a coach on one hand. An unstable individual who can disappoint on the other. They made their choice. It burned them in the end. They bear some of the responsibility. So do fans who choose to idolize any human being. When we do that we set ourselves up for disappointment.

Your reaction of anger is normal. I’ve seen it many times in this forum when posters we’re disappointed. I’m aware of three times where fan reaction was extremely negative with JC and a crescendo was reaching a point of wanting his replacement. I have no need to discuss KO.

I can sympathize with you and other Providence fans as well as my fellow UConn fans because of the pain we suffer in these circumstances. At the same time I have no problem criticizing any situation where we put a lot of our identity into something that we don’t control and think we were betrayed by someone else when in fact we betrayed ourselves.

Reaction Score
He said he was going to track him down after the season. Like literally track down a 20 year old college kid.

I have no idea why a grown man with something to lose would think it was a good idea to make threatening statements via DM, that makes content, and has a big enough following to drag you endlessly.
What was going to happen when he tracked him down? The kid would kick his arse?

Reaction Score
Goodman called into the Mark Titus podcast and the episode came out today. They cut the actual call from the podcast, and Titus did not go into specifics, but after speaking to him he now says he doesn't think Goodman did anything wrong, and that from what he said he was defending John Fanta.
What a joke, Titus was promoting the show as if he Goodman live and then he just paraphrases what Goodman told him? I'm glad that I didn't waste my time listening.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't know, the PC Twitter verse hammered the affair relentlessly and the YouTube "documentary" dedicated a ton of time to that. So maybe other fan bases think that PC fans are upset about the affair because they talk about it unrelentingly?

CL82

Reaction Score
This is all just an elaborate ploy by the PC fan base to get UConn distracted from tomorrow's game. Don't fall for it. Stay the course.
Bastards!

CL82

Reaction Score
Why does Goodman have to defend Fanta? Isn't Fanta a grown man?
A better question is how is threatening to stalk some guy defending Fanta?

Reaction Score
What a joke, Titus was promoting the show as if he Goodman live and then he just paraphrases what Goodman told him? I'm glad that I didn't waste my time listening.
For real. It was basically, "Trust me bro, what Goodman said made sense. Won't say why, just trust me."

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I think it is.

If you really, truly, totally, honestly, seriously, and sincerely think that it might be the most overblown topic in college hoops history...then you think that it might be the most overblown topic in college hoops history.

That statement alone, without considering or arguing anything else, makes it something that might be the most overblown topic in college hoops history. But it does not make it the most overblown topic in college hoops history.

I think it "might be" but is not the most overblown topic in the history of college hoops.

I don't think that my thought makes it not the most overblown topic in college hoops history.

I believe that covers both your statement and mine in each one's entirety. Unless either one of us is being dishonest in representing what we think it might be, we are both indisputably right.

As to whether it actually is the most overblown topic in college hoops history, neither of us knows that to be objective truth or consensus opinion toward establised certainty that it is most overblown topic in college hoops history. I maintain my strong doubts.

Nothing that follows from you matters enough for me to discuss with particularity other than to say that on this topic, there are both disputable & still unknown facts. From those facts, there are feelings, thoughts, and opinions. The feelings, thoughts, and opinions are three different (though related) things that commonly get discussed with rhetoric that bounces between them as though they are interchangeable. They aren't interchangeable, but I'm not going to waste anybody's time trying to untangle or explain any of that.
Dauster and Goodman saw the documentary as a threat, because their livelihood is based off insider connections. Fanta used in this documentary hurts Field of 68’s ability to establish future connections.

Did Goodman need to DM the kid? No.

Do I think the kid and Twitter world is overreacting because he claims he’s being bullied? Yes you’re all children. Grow up. Even the guys on Field of 68.

And I laugh at all these free speech blow hards on Twitter, claiming it’s the video producers right to post the video. Don’t cancel it. Then attack Goodman and try to cancel him. It really has come full circle with the world of idiots we interact with.

Field of 68’s legal team is probably instructing them to keep their mouths shut if any legal action arises from this. That’s why you haven’t seen an explanation. Not because they’re clueless or hiding it all.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Ok, I just watched the video. I was expecting Goodman to be in it. And Dauster too. I can't figure out what the problem is with the video. I mean there were rumors about Cooleys possible infidelities at the time. It would have been wrong NOT to mention that as a factor in him leaving PC. I'm not on twitter so I am asking why Goodman want to sue the guy who created the video. Also, personally I have never had a problem with Cooley. I think he's a good coach but that Divine Providence comment at his GTown presser was low and lousy. Finally, would someone please post a timeline of this entire kerfuffle please.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom