Tweed Avello question | The Boneyard

Tweed Avello question

Reaction Score
I am on the 2:20 flight Saturday. First time flying out of New Haven, how much time before my flight do I have to get there?

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Recently flew Avelo out of Tweed to DFW via Nashville with my wife. For any first-timers on Avelo, If you're checking bags, as my wife and I did, it takes maybe 20-30 minutes total from bag check through security until you ascend the (outdoor) boarding staircase to the plane. Great flights and flight attendants, but you also need to know this is a no frills airline-no peanuts, pretzels or drinks of any kind offered unless you ask for water, in which case they will oblige with an 8 oz bottle. Having flown MANY Pilgrim Airlines DeHaviland flights to and from LGA to points farther south and west in my past, these Avelo flights from Tweed to and from many points in the eastern US are a Godsend.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Get in line at least 90 minutes before your flight. Seriously. When we went to Florida last spring on Avelo, the check in personell were telling passengers that arrived with less than an hour until takeoff that they couldn't guarantee that their baggage would be put on the plane due to time constraints.

Reaction Score
They usually board and leave early. Check the website to see if parking is available. Uber won’t drop there but Lyft will. TSA is quick…airport only has a little coffee stand, so eat before u get there. If you’re not checking bags it’s a quick process. I’ve never checked any…I’m travel light, so I couldn't tell you about that. You should be through TSA in under 5 min. 30 second skip to the gate. You gotta board outside and walk up the ramp. It’s nothing special there but super convenient. Been outa there like 4 times…let me know if you have any other questions.

Reaction Score
I am on the 2:20 flight Saturday. First time flying out of New Haven, how much time before my flight do I have to get there?
They're very fast there. I flew to MB in August. My flight was the first one at 6am. But they pretty much get you through security very quickly and everyone was pretty pleasant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom