TV: Tenn @ TX | Page 2 | The Boneyard

TV: Tenn @ TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Don't get too high and mighty, UCONN had a similar problem a few years ago with Gardler's number on the roster. Gave up a Technical before the game too.
Nice job Meyers, you got a vol fan that never posts here to like your post. That isn't easy to do!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Well if they keep beating these "over-rated" teams they are going to end up with a pretty good year. Say for instance..... winning the SEC and reaching the Elite 8. Losing to Baylor or Stanford won't affect that.
I wouldn't use those two teams as examples.

I am looking forward to their games against ND, RU (not ranked), Georgia, Vandy, USC, and other SEC teams.

I think the point about UNC, GTech, Miami and Texas is that TN should beat those teams. And it's tough to judge them by those games.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I wouldn't use those two teams as examples.

Only used them because that's who trial had used.

I think the point about UNC, GTech, Miami and Texas is that TN should beat those teams. And it's tough to judge them by those games.
I think some people thought they were going to be around that level. It's seems they are better than some people thought. Which was what the TN poster was saying.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Gee Whizzzz

Last time I was coaching, submitting a roster to the refs was considered pretty basic stuff. Even GG knew how to do that.

Even CD messed that one up, although in her case, it wasn't late, it had the wrong player number (which I'm sure annoys her to this day :)). In the Tennessee game, they said it wasn't on time, but that might mean the one submitted was wrong, not sure. Still, this is basic stuff.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Baylor and Stanford will be the only good teams to date that TN would have played. A win against Stanford is possible. They seem to have Stanfords number at home. But you are right, a win would be BIG for TN. Huge.

I heard that if Tennessee loses both games, they won't play any more. But if they win both, they will be declared champions and everone else will stop playing.
To be honest this team has played a little better than I expected so far. I think the Stanford game is more possible to win. 1. It's a home game. 2. Baylor has Griner. 3. I think Baylor is better than Stanford. Yes I know Stanford beat them. Sims only played four minutes. Then if Tennessee did beat Stanford the Huskies would be #1 .

Reaction Score
Then if Tennessee did beat Stanford the Huskies would be #1 .
You've hit on the perfect win/win rationalization. If TN beats Stanford, "Look at what a great team we have". If TN loses to Stanford, "Why would we want to do something that would make Uconn #1?"

Reaction Score
It's seems they are better than some people thought. Which was what the TN poster was saying.

Hard to say. They've beaten several teams that I consider in the #20-#40 range. Wont really know if they're better than expected until they start playing some top 20 teams.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hard to say. They've beaten several teams that I consider in the #20-#40 range. Wont really know if they're better than expected until they start playing some top 20 teams.
Guess it depends on what one expected. ;)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Guess it depends on what one expected. ;)

I'd tell Vowelguy what I expected, but I expect that he still has me on ignore. Can you imagine that??

Reaction Score
How competitive the LV play against Stanford and Baylor will tell a lot, even if they lose.

Reaction Score
How competitive the LV play against Stanford and Baylor will tell a lot, even if they lose.

Exactly I'm not saying they can beat either(although Stanford is IMO our best chance) but if they play competitively then I will be very happy with them(though of course I'll b happier if we win)

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
When they played these teams, UNC, UT, Miami, GTech, they were all ranked, Texas being the highest at 18/20 . But it appears that they were overrated.

GT left the rankings quickly after losing to Tennessee.

Miami left the rankings after losing to Tenessee, but they returned after beating PSU. Currently they are 21/23, but they just lost to unranked RU and will probably be out of the rankings this week.

UNC worked their way into the rankings after beating several cupcakes but dropped out after losing to TN. They are back in the AP rankings but still out of the coaches poll.

Texas was missing Reed. Not that they would have beaten Tennessee, but it does give them a "big" option.

Beating lower top 25 teams is something Tennessee should do. They have top HS talent on the team. But can they beat the top 10 teams? Yet to be determined.

I recall when you stated those were all good teams and TN would be lucky to get through that part of the schedule at 4 - 3. So far, it's looks like they've superseded your expectations. Now that they've won those games, in an attempt to down play their achievements, you're saying none of those teams are any good. You could at least give Miami a bit of credit. Penn State really tested UConn and even led for portions of that game. This is the same PSU that lost to Miami. Beating Miami on the road should have been the first clue that TN has a good team. The second clue should have been when they stomped UNC. They didn't just beat Carolina. They practically doubled up their score. The most questionable teams should be the ones that aren't even playing top 25 teams. You will be hard pressed to find alot of teams that have proven through their play on the court that they deserve to be ranked higher.

What remains to be seen is how many other teams will be considered over rated after losing to TN.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I recall when you stated those were all good teams and TN would be lucky to get through that part of the schedule at 4 - 3. So far, it's looks like they've superseded your expectations. Now that they've won those games, in an attempt to down play their achievements, you're saying none of those teams are any good. You could at least give Miami a bit of credit. Penn State really tested UConn and even led for portions of that game. This is the same PSU that lost to Miami. Beating Miami on the road should have been the first clue that TN has a good team. The second clue should have been when they stomped UNC. They didn't just beat Carolina. They practically doubled up their score. The most questionable teams should be the ones that aren't even playing top 25 teams. You will be hard pressed to find alot of teams that have proven through their play on the court that they deserve to be ranked higher.

What remains to be seen is how many other teams will be considered over rated after losing to TN.

Awww....did I hurt your feelings by not drinking the orange koolaid???

While Tennessee appears to be better than expected (and not by just me. I believe they were ranked 20+ in most polls), the ranked teams they played were not as good as expected.

That is the reality.

If you are going to continue to call me out based on past statements, please use links and not your poor memory. Otherwise I might have to call the FBI.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Tenn has some very talented players. They are not polished yet but will be much better by year's end.

Reaction Score
Tenn has some very talented players. They are not polished yet but will be much better by year's end.

Ok, so much better = what in NCAA tournament? Anyone can talk "much better", give some specifics. How many games do they win in tournament?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Ok, so much better = what in NCAA tournament? Anyone can talk "much better", give some specifics. How many games do they win in tournament?

LOL. I'm just saying they have some talented players and that they will continue to improve. I'm not making predictions about the NCAA tourney.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Awww....did I hurt your feelings by not drinking the orange koolaid???

While Tennessee appears to be better than expected (and not by just me. I believe they were ranked 20+ in most polls), the ranked teams they played were not as good as expected.

That is the reality.

If you are going to continue to call me out based on past statements, please use links and not your poor memory. Otherwise I might have to call the FBI.

Feelings aren't hurt one bit. I know who TN is and I'm very excited about their future. Perhpas, your feelings have been hurt by their exceeding your expectations.

Per your request: http://www.the-boneyard.com/threads/tenn-down-43-35-to-chatt-in-2nd-half-merged.27031/page-9

Although, your math was a bit fuzzy that day, because a 4-3 record equates to 7 games and not the 8 that you responded about. Well, 5 games into that part of the schedule and they are 5-0. Since I know who TN is and have always stated they would be a top 10 team, my prediction was 7-1 best case or 6- 2 worst case. Let's see who ends up being right. It's going to be a fun season to watch their growth (barring any more injuries), which is true for any team.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score

I'll bite. Elite 8 or better!

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Feelings aren't hurt one bit. I know who TN is and I'm very excited about their future. Perhpas, your feelings have been hurt by their exceeding your expectations.

Per your request: http://www.the-boneyard.com/threads/tenn-down-43-35-to-chatt-in-2nd-half-merged.27031/page-9

Although, your math was a bit fuzzy that day, because a 4-3 record equates to 7 games and not the 8 that you responded about. Well, 5 games into that part of the schedule and they are 5-0. Since I know who TN is and have always stated they would be a top 10 team, my prediction was 7-1 best case or 6- 2 worst case. Let's see who ends up being right. It's going to be a fun season to watch their growth (barring any more injuries), which is true for any team.

So, what is your prediction for tonight vs. Baylor?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think this year's team will perform better against Baylor than last year's team. I'm saying Baylor by 20.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Wow...did you save that link just for me? I'm flattered.

So, in a thread about a game that Tennessee lost to a team they beat by 40 the year before, I was negative about their chances in the upcoming games against ranked teams.

You might be certain that their success since the opening loss is all about Tennessee being better than I thought, but I'm not so sure it's not that the 4 ranked teams are worse than I thought.

I have already noted that Tennessee is better than I thought they would be. Let's see how it goes when Massingale is playing 37 minutes a game.

The 4-3 post by me was based on Tennessee losing a game they should NEVER lose and me not knowing how bad those ranked teams would be.

So, I guess I get to rub it in your face when they aren't as good as you think. Looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom