Simmons started 0-4 and got the hook after 2.5 minutes

Reaction Score
TX is not impressive
started 1-11 but has battled back
Spani having a good game

14 of the 22 reb are offensive

Reaction Score
Oh dear. Lots of bad play.

TX's offense seems to be go down and a player will try to break someone down and take a jumpshot. Shockingly enough, it doesn't work very much. But given how badly the pass the ball, perhaps the lesser of two evils.

Tenn at least appears to have a defensive game plan to limit the touches for TX's center.

Simmons is a mess.

32-24

Reaction Score
Spani 3-3 on 3s, 15 pts
Simmons 1-8 with 2 TOs

43-25 TN

Reaction Score
TX coach: "They are making a lot of shots."
Uhh, Tenn is shooting 44%.

Though perhaps in comparison to the Longhorns (25%) it seems like a lot.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Again.... tell me why Texas is ranked so high ? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I should note that Cokie Reed is out sick and not playing for TX.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
Reed would make a difference in this game. Izzy and Graves had to sit in the first half because of fouls but Stafford couldn't score over Burdick and Jones who give up several inches to her.

Simmons is 2-9 going 0-5 in about the first minute, but her defense on Fussell has been huge. She's giving her fits.

Reaction Score
TN has played very well in the first half. THey rebound on offense very well, defense is good and mid range shooting is impressive. TX is a mess with a lot of one on one and horrible passes (when they do try to pass)

Reaction Score
Anyone know what the team technical on Tennessee at the beginning of the game was about?

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Texas has also missed a couple of really easy, open layups.

Reaction Score
Anyone know what the team technical on Tennessee at the beginning of the game was about?

They didnt have the starting roster submitted by the 10 minute mark before the game.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
Now Simmons is hitting, but lets Fussell go off in the second half...if only she could package the two consistently.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
They didnt have the starting roster submitted by the 10 minute mark before the game.

Gee Whizzzz

Last time I was coaching, submitting a roster to the refs was considered pretty basic stuff. Even GG knew how to do that.

Reaction Score
Proud of my vols I think they are doing better than people were giving them credit for before the season. I think they will win the SEC and make the elite 8. Warlock is doing an awesome job this year

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Proud of my vols I think they are doing better than people were giving them credit for before the season. I think they will win the SEC and make the elite 8. Warlock is doing an awesome job this year

UNC is overrated....Texas is way way overrated..... so was Miami. Lets see how the Vols do against Baylor and Stanford.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
UNC is overrated....Texas is way way overrated..... so was Miami. Lets see how the Vols do against Baylor and Stanford.

Speaking of which, that Baylor game is on Tues night, and my newspaper says it's important enough to be on ESPN itself, not the deuce.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

When they played these teams, UNC, UT, Miami, GTech, they were all ranked, Texas being the highest at 18/20 . But it appears that they were overrated.

GT left the rankings quickly after losing to Tennessee.

Miami left the rankings after losing to Tenessee, but they returned after beating PSU. Currently they are 21/23, but they just lost to unranked RU and will probably be out of the rankings this week.

UNC worked their way into the rankings after beating several cupcakes but dropped out after losing to TN. They are back in the AP rankings but still out of the coaches poll.

Texas was missing Reed. Not that they would have beaten Tennessee, but it does give them a "big" option.

Beating lower top 25 teams is something Tennessee should do. They have top HS talent on the team. But can they beat the top 10 teams? Yet to be determined.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Baylor and Stanford will be the best teams Tennessee will face this year. Both teams are real good. A win against either team would be BIG for this young Tennessee team. No matter the result in these games the season isn't over.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Gee Whizzzz

Last time I was coaching, submitting a roster to the refs was considered pretty basic stuff. Even GG knew how to do that.
Don't get too high and mighty, UCONN had a similar problem a few years ago with Gardler's number on the roster. Gave up a Technical before the game too.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well if they keep beating these "over-rated" teams they are going to end up with a pretty good year. Say for instance..... winning the SEC and reaching the Elite 8. Losing to Baylor or Stanford won't affect that.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Baylor and Stanford will be the best teams Tennessee will face this year. Both teams are real good. A win against either team would be BIG for this young Tennessee team. No matter the result in these games the season isn't over.

Baylor and Stanford will be the only good teams to date that TN would have played. A win against Stanford is possible. They seem to have Stanfords number at home. But you are right, a win would be BIG for TN. Huge.

I heard that if Tennessee loses both games, they won't play any more. But if they win both, they will be declared champions and everone else will stop playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom