OT: - TV sound bars | The Boneyard

OT: TV sound bars

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I probably posted this previously, but I may now be ready to buy.

I have two TVs, Visio and Sanyo.

Any suggestionS for speakers to enhance the sound? I'd prefer something closer to where is sit, than the sound bars I see when I search Amazon, but I'm open to suggestions from those who have done the research and made a purchase.

Reaction Score
Ditto. We have a sound bar now, as the tv speakers just didn't do it for my wife. Problem is that I cheaped out with it. Only a basic 2-channel bar. I'd love to get something that can help make dialog more clear. We have ambient noise (fans and a/c) during almost half the year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just bought a Roku soundbar for my 9YO Sony. $150. Sounds 10x better and the Roku interface is much better than the Fire stick I was using. I think I'm waiting for my next TV to invest more into sound so I will be lurking here.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I probably posted this previously, but I may now be ready to buy.

I have two TVs, Visio and Sanyo.

Any suggestionS for speakers to enhance the sound? I'd prefer something closer to where is sit, than the sound bars I see when I search Amazon, but I'm open to suggestions from those who have done the research and made a purchase.
Budget? You can spend $100 to over $1,000 so it's hard to make a suggestion without knowing your budget.

Reaction Score
Recently got a Vizio sound bar for about 150. It doesn’t seem to make a difference for live tv and streamed shows but major difference for movies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Recently got a Vizio sound bar for about 150. It doesn’t seem to make a difference for live tv and streamed shows but major difference for movies.
How did you connect it? Did you use the optical connection?

Reaction Score
5.1 soundbar with bluetooth,you can play music off your phone as well.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I have a Sonos beam that I really like and you can add two play ones for rear speakers when you desire. I also have one of the high end LG sound bars and like the beam better.

Forgot to mention - it also has alexa and is compatible with apple play, sirius , pandora and ithers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A few weeks ago this JBL went on sale and I pulled the trigger on it: JBL Soundbar. Its an amazingly smart idea. For most occasions you can use it as a standard soundbar, which has incredible sound and glass-shattering bass. BUT, when you are in the mood for a movie or to step it up, you can detach the side speakers and place them behind you for a wireless, surround sound. When its detached the surround is incredible (my dogs constantly think there are other people in the room or someone is behind them). Its really the best of both worlds... you get a really beefy full-room sounding soundbar for everyday life and then when you want you can have a surround system without having to run wires. At around $500 its a steal.

Reaction Score
A few weeks ago this JBL went on sale and I pulled the trigger on it: JBL Soundbar. Its an amazingly smart idea. For most occasions you can use it as a standard soundbar, which has incredible sound and glass-shattering bass. BUT, when you are in the mood for a movie or to step it up, you can detach the side speakers and place them behind you for a wireless, surround sound. When its detached the surround is incredible (my dogs constantly think there are other people in the room or someone is behind them). Its really the best of both worlds... you get a really beefy full-room sounding soundbar for everyday life and then when you want you can have a surround system without having to run wires. At around $500 its a steal.

That looks awesome!!! Happy Fathers Day to me

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
That looks really cool - if they it was Atmos, I would be all over them.

Reaction Score
That looks really cool - if they it was Atmos, I would be all over them.

Atmos is obviously amazing technology but when you consider how little you watch Atmos rated things its really not a must-have investment at this time. To get this level of speaker quality you will pay double or triple for just the ability to run the atmos technology. And truly the sound is incredible from these JBL even when I do not detach the wireless speakers so I am pretty happy as it is.

Maybe they would be even better if it was using atmos but as my chocolate lab looks wildly around the living room for all these crystal clear noises that he can't find, I never think how I regret this purchase.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Atmos is obviously amazing technology but when you consider how little you watch Atmos rated things its really not a must-have investment at this time. To get this level of speaker quality you will pay double or triple for just the ability to run the atmos technology. And truly the sound is incredible from these JBL even when I do not detach the wireless speakers so I am pretty happy as it is.

Maybe they would be even better if it was using atmos but as my chocolate lab looks wildly around the living room for all these crystal clear noises that he can't find, I never think how I regret this purchase.
Apparently they do have an atmos version of this - obviously more expensive and current not available but certainly a future option. Unfortunately I just bought a new large TV and Atmos soundbar just before the Superbowl this year.

But thanks for the information - definitely something I will keep in the back of my mind. I've really wanted to add rear speakers but my wife does not want wires which includes plugging in power for wireless surrounds. This would be a great solution.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

That is exactly what I'm looking for ... when the price drops to under &200.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
That is exactly what I'm looking for ... when the price drops to under &200.
You could steal one of Fishy's Amazon box openers - problem solved!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom