Tulsa thoughts. | The Boneyard

Tulsa thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Uggh.
  1. Tulsa got more offensive rebounds (17) than defensive rebounds (15). I'm sure I must have seen that happen somewhere before, but I sure as hell can't remember it.
  2. While Tulsa had an incredible shooting 2nd half, we outshot them from the field (53/48), from three (46/41), and from the foul line (91/56) for the game. But if they hadn't missed 11 FTs, we would have been in serious trouble.
  3. Brimah, Nolan and Facey only attempted a combined 6 shots, but they made them all!
  4. For the 2nd game in a row, Rodney did not get to the foul line. How can that be? FWIW, He's at 72%+ since the first of the year. I want to see him at the line. But first, he's got to get fouled.
  5. I hate the idea of complaining about the refs, but I find it tough to believe that our 5 bigs were called for 15 fouls, yet Miller's 2 FTs were the only trip to the line that any of them made.
  6. If it wasn't for DHam and Facey, we might not have gotten any rebounds at all. they got 15 of our 28 total. Actually, 15 of 24, since 4 of our total boards were 'team rebounds'.
  7. When Omar made a three a minute or so into the 2nd half and pushed the lead to 15 I remarked to my wife that we needed at least another 5 or 10 points to feel safe. I thought I was joking.
  8. Gibbs seemed on a couple of occasions to completely lose track of the shot clock, then tried to make something happen with a second or two left. Definitely not a trait I want to see in our point guard -- defacto or not.
  9. Hadn't seen Kenton take a jumper in a long while. He has a nice stroke. I know we need his nose for the ball coming off the rim and Ollie has told him to stay inside and bang the boards, but even with the limited sample, he seems to be a much better outside shot than his given credit for.
  10. About 45 seconds left inthe 1st half, Gibbs tipped the ball away from a tulsa guard, then tried to get a hand on it before it went out of bounds. One of the refs got in his way, and grabbed him as Gibbs ran into him in front of the press table. Then he held onto Gibbs for an uncomfortably long time, and seemed to be whispering in his ear. Kind of gave me the willies.
  11. Glad we won, but that Tulsa rally (or was it a UConn collapse?) was a very painful thing to watch, and certainly did nothing to dispel the feeling foreboding that seems to be building as the season wears on.

Reaction Score
Highlight #6 - DHam is really a spectacular rebounder - just has a knack for finding the ball.

Reaction Score
I thought the same about point #10, but if you go back and watch, you'll see Gibbs fell into the ref as the ball was going out of bounds. The ref caught Gibbs and then blew the whistle for the ball going out of bounds. The whistle went off right in Gibbs' ear. Think the ref was just apologizing at that point.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I thought the same about point #10, but if you go back and watch, you'll see Gibbs fell into the ref as the ball was going out of bounds. The ref caught Gibbs and then blew the whistle for the ball going out of bounds. The whistle went off right in Gibbs' ear. Think the ref was just apologizing at that point.

Yes, that's apparent when you watch the closeup. Thanks @tcf15

Reaction Score
Pretty good list, one thing to add related to 6. The team ball watches way too much. There were a few times we gave up fast break layups becuase people didn't rotate back in time, and we don't get many offensive rebounds because everyone stands where they were to watch the shot clang off the rim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom