Tulsa Game Thread! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Tulsa Game Thread!

Reaction Score
upload_2017-1-17_21-48-19.png

Reaction Score
The game did eventually show up under Watch ESPN. Was getting nervous when I didn't see it listed. We'll see it many more times. Without one you don't get the other two. Way to go Katie Lou, Gabby and Napheesa, all AA deserving.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Last player to score more than Lou's 34 was Stewart in January of 2014 when she went for 37 vs Temple. Prior to that it was Tiffany Hayes for 35 vs Syracuse in Jan 2012.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Everyone remember the start to the season last year when Uconn was allowing opponents to shot about 60% from three? That is what this game felt like. Sometimes people just make shots. And remember there really was no pressure on Tulsa for most of the game - it might as well have been a scrimmage because they were never going to win. Much easier to make an open shot when it is meaningless.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Couldnt watch the entire game but final Baskets in the Paint, from the box score was
UConn 22
Tulsa 6

Reaction Score
Gabby played only 29 mins.
If Geno let her play 5 more mins Gabby may have triple double tonight.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
"And those caissons (Husky's) go rolling along."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
KLS for 3!!!! 14-0 5:01 1st
Well, it's not 21-0, but still a good start--on the road! One of the Tulsa fans stood until the first basket, which came AFTER the TV timeout. He was tired of standing.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
"He was really mad at me and said I couldn't make a shot in shootaround, so I had to make my shots in the game," Samuelson said. "He knows how to kind of get me [going]. He likes to challenge me and I kind of will be that person to be like, 'Oh, yeah? Watch.'"

"I didn't quite like her response this morning," Geno Auriemma said. "And you know what? To her credit, she came out today and she had it going and she figured it out. … When would you rather have it, game time or shootaround? I'd rather have it game time, myself, but it didn't prevent me from getting pissy with her this morning."

Samuelson's Career-High 34 Leads No. 1 UConn Past Tulsa, 98-58

Reaction Score

Personally, this is an Extremely scary picture against UCONN in that it clearly shows how we have no dependable bench.

When Dangerfield, a newby frosh, is your bench leader and shes really the only one, its really scary.

We essentially go 6 deep MAX. Butler and Danger are highly questionable for very large stretches.

If we get in any foul trouble, we can be in huge trouble.

Baylor, Maryland, and SC are our biggest threats and Im truly scared at the prospect of seeing them (fully battle tested at that point) in the NCAA.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Personally, this is an Extremely scary picture against UCONN in that it clearly shows how we have no dependable bench.

When Dangerfield, a newby frosh, is your bench leader and shes really the only one, its really scary.

We essentially go 6 deep MAX. Butler and Danger are highly questionable for very large stretches.

Baylor, Maryland, and SC are our biggest threats and Im truly scared at the prospect of seeing them (fully battle tested at that point) in the NCAA.
I ain't sceerd.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

Hmmm - interesting take - Butler was a huge part of the wins over FSU, Baylor, and TX, Dangerfield was huge against Baylor and serviceable in many of her other games - seven players is about as big as Geno tends to go in the NCAAs and he trusts Natalie and is getting there with Danger. And he has proven in a few games he can survive with Molly and Kyla when he has to for a few minutes in big games if the refs start acting up.

Reaction Score
Hmmm - interesting take - Butler was a huge part of the wins over FSU, Baylor, and TX, Dangerfield was huge against Baylor and serviceable in many of her other games - seven players is about as big as Geno tends to go in the NCAAs and he trusts Natalie and is getting there with Danger. And he has proven in a few games he can survive with Molly and Kyla when he has to for a few minutes in big games if the refs start acting up.

From your lips / keyboard to God's Ears, I hope.

Reaction Score
Butler has been good sub and may be best "true center" in the league. Without her coming in for significant minutes, I do get scared for future 2017 success. That being said, wonder if her thumb ever fully healed. Against Tulsa, at times almost seemed that the ball and Nat's hands rejected each other. Wonder if her issues holding onto ball are mental or physical.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom