Tulane game thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tulane game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Julianne Viani is clueless. Whenever there's a series, they rotate home-and-home. I'm glad to have found out that all the big games are at UConn. Absolutely ridiculous. Where do they get these announcers?

Reaction Score
Big Yawn!
My mouth is stuck on open, but I'm not yawning. After the 10 minute mark, UConn only used one starter, freshman, Kia Nurse, and she went out for good at about 5 minutes left. Still, during those last 10 minutes, UConn outscored Tulane 17 to 9. Nothing to yawn about, my friend. That's absolutely amazing! Fantastic!

Reaction Score
He's got to be a rooster. That's CockyTalk.
He? She played college ball at Marist, and a little bit in Europe. She said she graduated in 2009 and grew up watching and admiring the '95 UConn team that was honored today. She also said she's from the same town or nearby to where Saniya's from.

Reaction Score
He? She played college ball at Marist, and a little bit in Europe. She said she graduated in 2009 and grew up watching and admiring the '95 UConn team that was honored today. She also said she's from the same town or nearby to where Saniya's from.
If she talks like a rooster, she's a rooster. Lol.

Reaction Score
My mouth is stuck on open, but I'm not yawning. After the 10 minute mark, UConn only used one starter, freshman, Kia Nurse, and she went out for good at about 5 minutes left. Still, during those last 10 minutes, UConn outscored Tulane 17 to 9. Nothing to yawn about, my friend. That's absolutely amazing! Fantastic!
Oh, c'mon, Corn...the talent differential on the floor was beyond ridiculous. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I mean no disrespect, but wouldn't you rather see our favorite team playing in a better conference? Yes, UConn is substantially better than everyone else out there. But if, at least, they played in a conference wherein they were only 10-20 points better than everyone else instead of 40-50, well, there might, if nothing else, be a little suspense. This was a yawner from the opening tip, and I felt sorry for Tulane, not a bad team vs. typical AAC competition, but so totally outclassed here that it was, as I said, just a big yawner. If no UConn starters played at all, still a lopsided win, but that doesn't get me too excited.

Reaction Score
Bad timing for the halftime festivities honoring the "95" team. SNY may have shown it (Or portions of it). CBSCS has no interest. Or maybe it was planned this way so they would have a "hook" to sell tickets knowing there would be no TV coverage?
Terrible choice by Warde to do that to the fans.

Reaction Score
CBSCS was far too interested in covering the men's scoreboard, both at the half and instantly after the game ended to worry about giving the women's basketball team that changed the face of the game a few minutes of coverage during the halftime of the game they were COVERING.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Oh, c'mon, Corn...the talent differential on the floor was beyond ridiculous. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I mean no disrespect, but wouldn't you rather see our favorite team playing in a better conference? Yes, UConn is substantially better than everyone else out there. But if, at least, they played in a conference wherein they were only 10-20 points better than everyone else instead of 40-50, well, there might, if nothing else, be a little suspense. This was a yawner from the opening tip, and I felt sorry for Tulane, not a bad team vs. typical AAC competition, but so totally outclassed here that it was, as I said, just a big yawner. If no UConn starters played at all, still a lopsided win, but that doesn't get me too excited.
But there isn't such a conference! SEC ... OK maybe SC keeps it in the 20 point range, and maybe the same for TN, but .... The rest of that conference goes down by 35+. Change the teams but the same would be true in the other power 5 just as it was in the old BE for most years.

Reaction Score
In which conference would UConn not be 30 point favorites over most of the teams in said conference? UConn beat the far and away best SEC team by 25, and has beaten the best ACC teams by 20-30 points. We hear this all the time: if only UConn played in a real conference. If only what? If only UConn played in a real conference? Sure, maybe they'd only win by 36 every night instead of 50. OK, if that makes some people feel better...

Reaction Score
Sure, Bigpetunia, I would love to see UConn playing in a better conference, but what today's results shows is that finding a conference where this team would be only 10 to 20 points better is no easy task. Perhaps the ACC. UConn is at least 25 points better than any team in the SEC. Our subs played South Carolina even in the last few minutes. I can understand your yawn. I just react differently. In the AAC, UConn is 40 to 50 points better with the subs playing nearly half the minutes. I'm still stuck on wow!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The "You win all your games by 50 because your conference is lousy" argument is getting old. Put us in the ACC. You know what happens then? Geno doesn't bench starters before the half. He just keeps them in and UConn still wins by 35-40 against 75% or more of the conference.

Reaction Score
The ACC is scared of UConn. Beat their best team ND by 18 on their home court. Also beat Duke by 31. And the last time they played the mighty UNC, UConn won by 51. UNC is basically just as bad as the team we played today. If Tulsa beats Temple 62-54 it's evidence of how bad the league is, but if South Carolina beats Ole Miss 59-45 it's proof of what a tough league the SEC is.

Reaction Score
Here are a few Massey rankings.
South Florida #16
Tulane #39
East Carolina #54

S. Carolina #2
Tennessee #8
Kentucky #14
Mississippi St #24
Texas A&M #26
Georgia #48
LSU #49
Arkansas #50
Vandy #63
Mississippi #78
Florida #96
Missouri #104
Alabama #115
Auburn #150

UConn beat #16 South Florida by 42 this year and then #1 (now #2) South Carolina by 25.
Would there be a difference if we played in the SEC ? Yes, but not much.
There would be 2 games that the outcomes would not be a forgone conclusion, Tennessee and South Carolina
and even then, only on their home court.

Last edited:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The way UConn is playing right now they can beat everybody by over 30 pts. This is the best offense I think Ive ever seen and with that said first the defense is best too. If UConn faces ND again it will be by 30 pts. Understand Geno is pulling the starters in most games in the first half and most of the second half and UConn is still scoring like crazy. They are an unstoppable train right now. They are shooting at a pace that is something college bb has never seen . JMO. How may UConn players shooting over 50% from 3? 40% from 3? Its crazy good. They shoot 3s better in the game then good shooters shoot them in practice warming up. They are simply Unbeatable.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Tony - for 3 pointers:
KML and Moriah over 50% (.518/.508)
Nurse and Chong over 40% (.462/.441)

And overall:
Gabby .628
Morgan .575
Moriah .562
Kiah .536
Kaleena .526
Breanna .518
Kia .516
Chong .508

The deep bench and departed are the only ones below .500 (Ekmark, Edwards, Pulido, and Lawlor) and in total they have only taken 76 shots out of the 1620 uconn has attempted. (Under 5%)

Reaction Score
Tony - for 3 pointers:
KML and Moriah over 50% (.518/.508)
Nurse and Chong over 40% (.462/.441)

And overall:
Gabby .628
Morgan .575
Moriah .562
Kiah .536
Kaleena .526
Breanna .518
Kia .516
Chong .508

The deep bench and departed are the only ones below .500 (Ekmark, Edwards, Pulido, and Lawlor) and in total they have only taken 76 shots out of the 1620 uconn has attempted. (Under 5%)
These numbers are insane.

I'd wager there are some teams in the "power" conferences that don't shoot these percentages in the layup line.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom