Tucker given false info which led to decommitting!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tucker given false info which led to decommitting!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
He admitted his mistake and is now trying to correct it. That says something about him. Tenn has a chance to get a real good class for 2013.

Reaction Score
What's next? Is there such a word as re-decommits?

I think you mean un-decommit or re-commit.
Re-decommit would mean to decommit again, which would happen after doing a commit, decommit, and un-decommmit.

Reaction Score
Mr. Tucker has admitted to overreacting and is now in "damage control" mode to help save face, but clearly he is largely the one to blame here for over re-acting to said information before it could be verified.

Who knows what information he based his knee-jerk decision on and who provided it. Many LV fans were quick to point fingers at a specific coach or program, which is flat out wrong -- they are just as bad as Mr. Tucker in this respect for acting on something before all the facts were known. Let's not rule out that some "boosters" with some fists full of cash could conceivably been involved in this. In fact, just this morning I read about a documentary on Ben Wilson -- a standout recruit from Chicago who tragically had his life cut short. One of the filmmakes, Coodie Simmons, indicated that Wilson had his heart set on attending DePaul but was torn between accepting an offer to play at the University of Illinois after a booster offered him $60K to play at U of I -- apparently the family was very poor and his mother was working multiple jobs.

"Benji," the latest "30 for 30" film from ESPN (Tuesday, 8 p.m. ET)

I have no doubts that financial incentives provided by boosters are a factor in men's athletics, specifically football and basketball. What is the boards opinion on how prevalent the role of boosters and possible financial incentives/other benefits is in the recruiting of WCB players?

UConn has won 3 national titles so would you care to name that booster who is "no doubt" offering those financial incentives to the men's players??......not sure who gets the #1 player every year are we sure there's no offerings on the women's side also??:rolleyes:

Chicago 1985 and UCLA in the 60's in not Storrs..........please!!

Reaction Score
UConn has won 3 national titles so would you care to name that booster who is "no doubt" offering those financial incentives to the men's players??......not sure who gets the #1 player every year are we sure there's no offerings on the women's side also??:rolleyes:

Chicago 1985 and UCLA in the 60's in not Storrs..........please!!

I am confused by your reply. My statement that you quoted was clearly intended to be a generalization -- not sure why you chose to reference UConn in your reply?

There are plenty of documented instances of "booster interference" related to the recruitment of athletes -- one of the biggest and more recent involved USC football player Reggie Bush. However, it is not always the marquee schools and players that are involved in these purported activities.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
I had to laugh. The first reader comment on that article: Geno's fault, he's the one telling the lies.

What's next? Is there such a word as re-decommits?

The willingness of people to jump to conclusions without any facts whatsoever to back up their statements is very sad.

Reaction Score
The 2012 edition of Wonkster's Unabridged Dictionary only lists unde-commit, with two meanings:

1) verb, intransitive: to reverse a de-commit
2) verb, intransitive: to get one's undies in such a tight knot that one is forced to go with them still knotted

3) unde-commit - The pledge to always wear undies.
4) unde-decommit - Method of avoiding getting ones undies knotted. Requires reneging on unde-commit pledge.

Reaction Score
Trust me! Tenn will do anything to HELP get her re-committed!!

Reaction Score
I think you mean un-decommit or re-commit.
Re-decommit would mean to decommit again, which would happen after doing a commit, decommit, and un-decommmit.
No, no. What I meant by re-decommit is that her next step is to decommit again.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
some of this stuff sounds suspiciously like "going commando"..:eek:

Reaction Score
I'll bet not many around here remember "Newby"
Well, sure, Biffster - after you've killed most of us off with your Death Ray Facemask, our numbers are reduced. We're afraid to even show our avatars here. We dwell in murky swamps under the guidance of Guido One Kenosha.

Reaction Score
"I have no doubts that financial incentives provided by boosters are a factor in men's athletics, specifically football and basketball. What is the boards opinion on how prevalent the role of boosters and possible financial incentives/other benefits is in the recruiting of WCB players?"

Well, Stray Cat, since you ax-ed us, I'd like to reply that I think the likelihood of $$ negatively affecting WCB is rising. I consider uconn's switch from cptv to sny an example of the increased role of $$ and the inevitable temptation associated with $$ as it relates to WCB.

In fact, I would have preferred loyalty to cptv as being more important and more consistent with the ideals of amateur athletics than switching.

It is hard to reconcile the decision to move to sny because of $ on one hand, with the requirement that players must not ever receive $0.01 for playing, on the other. But hey, that is just one new poster's opinion.

I wish Jannah Tucker and her family all the best in their process of deciding where Jannah will matriculate. I also hope she'll consider uconn. :-p

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This is one more example of how much disarrey Tenn is in.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tenn has 2 seniors this year, and one next year.with this years class and a real good class next year. The team will be real good.

UCONN345678

L'ville fan in Husky Clothing
Reaction Score
Tenn has 2 seniors this year, and one next year.with this years class and a real good class next year. The team will be real good.

Confident about Mercedes? It seems the Louisville side is as well.

Reaction Score
. . .I consider uconn's switch from cptv to sny an example of the increased role of $$ and the inevitable temptation associated with $$ as it relates to WCB. . .

As I understand it, the monetary difference between CPTV's bid and SNY's bid
was inconsequential. The move to SNY was motivated more by the increased
exposure UConn's program would have on SNY than by money differences.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I'll bet not many around here remember "Newby"[/quotI remember him and not fondly. When I think of Newbie1 there are several descriptives that come to mind, none of them suitable for this board.

Reaction Score
Good luck dealing with "Dad" for the next 4 years LV staff.

No worries. He's not one of those kind of parents. He's since owned up to his mistake and plans on fixing it. Jannah will be a Lady Vol. His admission should prove what kind of parent he is. A good one.

Reaction Score
No worries. He's not one of those kind of parents. He's since owned up to his mistake and plans on fixing it. Jannah will be a Lady Vol. His admission should prove what kind of parent he is. A good one.
Shoot first and ask questions later. What all good dads do. Sorry, I don’t buy your spinning this into something good.

Reaction Score

Typical. I'm sorry to disappoint you. TN is anything but in state of disarray. :rolleyes: Your comment is laughable. I thought I'd drop in to set some things straight...for those of you who AREN'T delusional that is. No need to respond. I won't be coming back to comment for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom