"Trying to run the offense" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"Trying to run the offense"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saying you were for P and against Deleone is as dumb as saying that you're for the Captain and against Tenille. You can waste time discussing what if, but they come together and at the end of the day all you have is Muskrat Love.

Wow... You realize GDL was the offensive line coach at Southern CT State University back in "those" days.

Reaction Score
Saying you were for P and against Deleone is as dumb as saying that you're for the Captain and against Tenille. You can waste time discussing what if, but they come together and at the end of the day all you have is Muskrat Love.

That's a good one BL! Where's that been? LOL.

Here it is in a nutshell - what should have happened in January 2011.

Big East football knowledgeable AD dials up the number, it rings and click - pickup:

PP: "Hello?"

Big East football knowledgeable AD: "Hi, This is (the anti Jeff Hathaway), I'm that Athletic Director at UConn. Is this Paul Pasqualoni?"

PP: "Yes, it is."

Big East football knowledgeable AD: "Paul, as you know, we need a new Head Coach at UConn, and you've been identified as a high quality candidate for what we need in recruiting and a head coach to oversee the program from an athletic and academic standpoint to maintain what we've achieved and build on it. I understand you are interested in the job."

PP: "Yes, that's correct."

Big East football knowledgeable AD: "Good, I'd like to get the interview process started."

PP: "Great, when and where do you want to meet?"

Big East football knowledgeable AD: "Hold on a second Paul,before we do anythign at all, I need to know exactly what you intend to do about assistants, specifically George Deleone, if we offer you this job."

PP: "Well, I'll see if he's interested in coming back to Connecticut, if that's the case, I'll probably put him in charge of something."

Big East football knowledgeable AD: "Paul, I'll be interested to know who else would intend to bring along, but we can stop this right here, right now. Deleone can come along if he's interested, but you're not going to get this job if you have any intention of putting Deleone in charge of the offensive or defensive systems, game plans and calling plays. He can coach a position group, or have some kind of role somewhere on the team and that's it."

There you have it. Problem avoided on day 1.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's a good one BL! Where's that been? LOL.

Here it is in a nutshell - what should have happened in January 2011.

Big East football knowledgeable AD dials up the number, it rings and click - pickup:

PP: "Hello?"

Big East football knowledgeable AD: "Hi, This is (the anti Jeff Hathaway), I'm that Athletic Director at UConn. Is this Paul Pasqualoni?"

PP: "Yes, it is."

Big East football knowledgeable AD: "Paul, as you know, we need a new Head Coach at UConn, and you've been identified as a high quality candidate for what we need in recruiting and a head coach to oversee the program from an athletic and academic standpoint to maintain what we've achieved and build on it. I understand you are interested in the job."

PP: "Yes, that's correct."

Big East football knowledgeable AD: "Good, I'd like to get the interview process started."

PP: "Great, when and where do you want to meet?"

Big East football knowledgeable AD: "Hold on a second Paul,before we do anythign at all, I need to know exactly what you intend to do about assistants, specifically George Deleone, if we offer you this job."

PP: "Well, I'll see if he's interested in coming back to Connecticut, if that's the case, I'll probably put him in charge of something."

Big East football knowledgeable AD: "Paul, I'll be interested to know who else would intend to bring along, but we can stop this right here, right now. Deleone can come along if he's interested, but you're not going to get this job if you have any intention of putting Deleone in charge of the offensive or defensive systems, game plans and calling plays. He can coach a position group, or have some kind of role somewhere on the team and that's it."

There you have it. Problem avoided on day 1.

Big East football knowledgeable AD: Gotta go Paul, I have to buy this weeks winning lottery ticket yet again, since I am all knowing. By the way, the 2012 election? Obama wins.

Reaction Score
I was actually hoping Pasqualoni would say that Deleone was lazy, smoking blunts all day, and had slept through 2 practices last week. Because that would be fixable. If Deleone is really working that hard, than this offense is the best we can hope for.
Maybe GDL should start smoking blunts. He might get more creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom