"Trying to run the offense" | The Boneyard

"Trying to run the offense"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pasqualoni on what DeLeone is doing:

"Well, I think what George (DeLeone) is doing is he's trying to run the offense that we'd like to establish and run here," Pasqualoni said in a conference call last week leading up to Saturday's game against South Florida. "Which is a pro-style kind of attack that's been very successful here, its kind of in the DNA here at UConn. So, George is doing a great job of preparing every day for practice, trying to help the team win, coaching the players, the offensive line, plus coordinating it, so he's working very, very hard.​
"He's a tremendously conscious individual and everything he does is planned and well thought out. I think he's working very, very hard and doing what we've discussed, what we want to do here."​
Is it just me, or does Pasqualoni sounds like a kindergarten teacher talking to parents who are concerned their kid doesn't know how to handle scissors correctly?

You read this and you realize that there is literally nothing Deleone could do that would cause Pasqualoni to lose confidence in him. If the man started calling punts on 2nd down, Pasqualoni would find a way to defend it. ("He's really prioritizing field position and not turning the ball over, which are points we think are keys to us being successful").

Anyway, that about sums it up. Trying to run the offense. Please make it stop.

Reaction Score
If the man started calling punts on 2nd down, Pasqualoni would find a way to defend it. ("He's really prioritizing field position and not turning the ball over, which are points we think are keys to us being successful").

"We both believe the strength of this team is on the defensive side of the ball. Wouldn't you agree it would be advantageous to have our best players on the field as much as possible?"

Reaction Score
"George and I have talked about ways to try to offer better protection for Chandler Whitmer, and I really have to give credit to George for what he's trying to do. I mean, he's worked very very hard on trying to reduce the number of sacks and to his credit the approach he's taking is starting to pay some dividends in that respect."

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
At this point, I almost don't want the CT media to ask about our piece of ship offense anymore. Reading these Pasqualoni quotes, coming to the defense of his buddy, are really starting to tick me off more than watching our offense put up 6 points against one of the nation's worst defenses.

Reaction Score
clueless.gif

Reaction Score
I won't even bother to say it again. On December 5 we'll know if P is blind to his friend or just trying to let him retire with dignity. But we won't know what P is really thinking until then.

Reaction Score
Pasqualoni on what DeLeone is doing:

"Well, I think what George (DeLeone) is doing is he's trying to run the offense that we'd like to establish and run here," Pasqualoni said in a conference call last week leading up to Saturday's game against South Florida. "Which is a pro-style kind of attack that's been very successful here, its kind of in the DNA here at UConn. So, George is doing a great job of preparing every day for practice, trying to help the team win, coaching the players, the offensive line, plus coordinating it, so he's working very, very hard.​
"He's a tremendously conscious individual and everything he does is planned and well thought out. I think he's working very, very hard and doing what we've discussed, what we want to do here."​
Is it just me, or does Pasqualoni sounds like a kindergarten teacher talking to parents who are concerned their kid doesn't know how to handle scissors correctly?

You read this and you realize that there is literally nothing Deleone could do that would cause Pasqualoni to lose confidence in him. If the man started calling punts on 2nd down, Pasqualoni would find a way to defend it. ("He's really prioritizing field position and not turning the ball over, which are points we think are keys to us being successful").

Anyway, that about sums it up. Trying to run the offense. Please make it stop.

Video Game.jpg

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
"Well Georgy only colored outside the lines 4 times on his last art project. He's working very, very hard at his fine motor skills. We're all so proud of him"

Reaction Score
It might just be me, but I get a kick out of the "he's a tremendously conscious individual" line.

Coach P meant "conscientious" and might have actually said it, but it was transcribed incorrectly. I prefer to believe, though, that he's giving credit to GDL for being awake most of the time.

Reaction Score
"Well, I think what George (DeLeone)...............

You think??? Why don't you know? Maybe you should ask him....

Warde should have him in to explain that statement, then fire him.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I was actually hoping Pasqualoni would say that Deleone was lazy, smoking blunts all day, and had slept through 2 practices last week. Because that would be fixable. If Deleone is really working that hard, than this offense is the best we can hope for.

Reaction Score
It's most frustrating because this whole scenario was foreshadowed by Syracuse fans.

"Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it" forgot who said that but it's apt as always.

Reaction Score
It's most frustrating because this whole scenario was foreshadowed by Syracuse fans.

"Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it" forgot who said that but it's apt as always.

As I've noted elsewhere and many times, much of the blame for where we are at, resides with the hiring of Pasqualoni by Hathaway. And for the record, I am NOT a guy that was against Pasqualoni for head coach, and I wouldn't mind seeing Pasqualoni continue as HC.

The thing of it, that many people with football knowledge had the foresight to know - was that Pasqualoni and Deleone would be coming together, if Pasqualoni was hired.

I can't know without asking him, but I would wager anything, that prior to late January 2011, after Pasqualoni was hired, was the first time that Jeff Hathaway had never heard of a guy named George Deleone.

Now - I'm not particularly fond of old George, fellow Husky alum.......but I respect him as a football coach. Put him on the TE's as a position, and in one season, we're likely going to have a high round draft pick this year at that position, which probably would not have happened otherwise, b/c #94 was not a very well rounded player before last season, and the other guy, that doesn't get the press, will probably get a shot at the NFL too.

As for the OL, put him in charge of the OL, and we're clearly taking our lumps, now, but the players will be better down the road at that position group. Put him in charge of QB's? And you get good QB's. What you can't do, is put this guy in charge of an entire offense. And they knew it in syracuse, and he was taken off play calling / game planning duties in Syracuse before.

What I don't respect is his play calling, and I think that had we an AD at the time that Edsall did his thing and pulled the rug out, understood football, and understood the candidate......I don't think Georgie would be the OC right now, and we'd probably be better than 8-13 and heading south at this point. HIs play calling, just disrupts offensive rhythym, and if you don't have a very good offensive players, it doesn't work.

The hiring of Pasqualoni, I think, should have come with the clear recognition of what this guy has done with offenses, when he's been in control in the past, and unfortunately, because Hathaway didn't know his ass from his elbow when it came to football, the primary money making sport in this university athletic department, will most likely have taken two years and a losing record, to change, what should have been prevented from ever happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom