Trying to discourage attendance? | The Boneyard

Trying to discourage attendance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What's the scheduling problem? Two weeks before the USF game and they still don't know what time it starts!
Huh! I have OOT friends who want to visit and attend the game and make plans for the weekend. Same with the Navy game, had friends coming in from MA. This doesn't happen with other UCONN sports or at other schools as far as I know.
Is there not enough parking?
Too much traffic?
Are the revenues too high already?
Over some sales limit on beer?
Most schools have policies to encourage attendance.
It's totally ridiculous IMO.

Reaction Score
What's the scheduling problem? Two weeks before the USF game and they still don't know what time it starts!
Huh! I have OOT friends who want to visit and attend the game and make plans for the weekend. Same with the Navy game, had friends coming in from MA. This doesn't happen with other UCONN sports or at other schools as far as I know.
Is there not enough parking?
Too much traffic?
Are the revenues too high already?
Over some sales limit on beer?
Most schools have policies to encourage attendance.
It's totally ridiculous IMO.
It's called starting time dictated by TV...UCONN football schedules have been like this since the first season they played in the Big East...is this the first time you are attending a UCONN home game?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LOL it doesn't happen at other schools.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 61
Reaction Score
You mean there is actually a TV market for UCONN football?
I assumed it was a TV thing. I was trying to shout out enough insults to maybe get the message across that less than 2 weeks notice was a bit ridiculous and some pushing back might be in order.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I assumed it was a TV thing. I was trying to shout out enough insults to maybe get the message across that less than 2 weeks notice was a bit ridiculous and some pushing back might be in order.
There's an easy solution. You and your buddies can plan it as a full day event (the way fanbases of most major programs view home football games). This way whatever kickoff time you can fit it in.

Reaction Score
If you are going to tailgate (you get a max of 4-5 hours) and add that totime for the game...that is a full day right there....like @FfldCntyFan just said. This really is nothing new like I said earlier...you must have never been to a game before.

Reaction Score
They don't want to keep away all fans. They just don't want you there.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Or just plan for it to be 12:00 like the majority of games. Worst case scenario, it becomes a 3:30 game and you and your buddies have to hang out for a bit before tailgating can start....or maybe that's your concern??? :rolleyes:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Everyone does realize the point of the OP was to eventually have him post how important his friend and he are and how valuable is their time.

These are important people ontight schedules. They don't have time like us commoners.

Reaction Score
The OP reminds me of the time I couldn't make a game and gave my tickets to my brother. After the game he says "The UCONN QB plays defense too???" (Twyon Martin)

Reaction Score
Just set your DVR to record the game and watch it when you can and then donate your tickets to a deserving service person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom