True Freshman- Redshirt or Play? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

True Freshman- Redshirt or Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Skanes is gonna be the punt returner and maybe see a play or two at WR every once in awhile would be my guess.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Skanes is gonna be the punt returner and maybe see a play or two at WR every once in awhile would be my guess.

based off Bob's quotes at the presser today Skanes will be back there to catch it more so than do any returning of it. Very frustrating

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
If a freshman is good enough to start, you owe it to the team to play him.

The most likely to play are guys who ca make a difference to special teams, Skanes and Zecchino.

I'd go further and say if they can regularly contribute in any way, go ahead and play them. You'll recruit 25 new kids next year and the year after. The trend is going more and more towards playing young guys as much as possible.

OLine and QB are probably the 2 areas where you look to hold kids out a little longer, but everywhere else is fair game to me.

Reaction Score
My view on redshirts is that it is largely an investment question. in some situations you can't wait because you have a real need or some guys are just so much better that they should step in. But for most cases a 5th year senior is going to bring more benefit tha a true freshman. So looking at program development you want to go that way. I'm sort of of the opinion that we should have redshirted one of our running backs, maybe both. We didn't need both of those guys to go 2-10 their freshman year. And there were others, too.

Reaction Score
Here's hoping Nino Leone is another Matt Peart for our OL...

I haven't seen either in person, but if early reoprts are an indication, we may have two studs on our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom