Tristen | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tristen

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
TN is trying a little too hard to create. He needs to take some of those five foot shots instead of forcing a pass. Overall, we needed his ball handling but it did look like it was wearing him down a little.
He utterly refused to go to the basket and draw fouls. 3 times his dump offs were turnovers. Voluntarily surrendered one of his truly special skills tonight.

15-17 from the line in Oregon.

Zero FT attempts in his past two games.

Free throws got him unstuck in the tripe double against Buffalo. 14-17 FTs.

Has not adjusted to the addition of AJax yet. Coaching staff has some work to do here.

Reaction Score
He actually got to the line once!

I could give a whit about his shot selection. He’s the engine of this lambo.
I agree its not the biggest issue because he does so much everywhere, but nothing inside the arc isn’t something he should be doing.

Reaction Score
Agree on Newton and Diarra but I don' think Alleyne was in there enough to even get warmed up. Not sure why this is so, especially when the other two guards were having problems. He has been a better than average player when playing in the ACC with VT. At some point I hope DH gives him some more opportunities. Diarra looked lost out there tonight and both he and Newton both looked like they were physically pushed around by their guards.
Long Island U is the perfect antidote for Alleyne. I hope he plays significant minutes in that game just so he can get his confidence back for BE play. That's a game where his mistakes won't cause a loss or a close game.

Reaction Score
H
I'll take the 10 game sample of Newton over the 1 game sample. Maybe that's just me though
is defender has been a huge deal locking up opposing guards and switching with Dre or diarra or alleyne. Even Joey. The opposing guards are really hating the constant harassment

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Newton was tentative driving due to Fingleton sitting back and playing the pass. He is trying to hard to set everyone else up. Once he figures out the right mix of taking it all the way or dishing, it will take us offensively to an insane level.

Reaction Score
Newton looks like he's unsure of how to be a PG with so much talent around him as opposed to the scoring PG who had a green light to score and do everything at ECU.

I specifically remember one possession when he had the ball on the left side wing, had a wide open great angle to the basket to drive and the only thing the closest Florida player could have possibly done is foul him. Instead he took a couple dribbles and tried to pass it into traffic and turned it over.

I think he'll get it. Just going to take some more time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Agree on Newton and Diarra but I don' think Alleyne was in there enough to even get warmed up. Not sure why this is so, especially when the other two guards were having problems. He has been a better than average player when playing in the ACC with VT. At some point I hope DH gives him some more opportunities. Diarra looked lost out there tonight and both he and Newton both looked like they were physically pushed around by their guards.

Alleyne's confidence is shot and you can tell he isn't sure what his role is on offense when he is on the flood. He is borderline Gaffney not being able to walk and dribble at the same time.

I'm with everyone else hoping he comes around and can be a valuable part of a memorable season. Right now he is fighting Diarra for the 9th spot and last guard/wing in the rotation.

Reaction Score
Newton looks like he's unsure of how to be a PG with so much talent around him as opposed to the scoring PG who had a green light to score and do everything at ECU.

I specifically remember one possession when he had the ball on the left side wing, had a wide open great angle to the basket to drive and the only thing the closest Florida player could have possibly done is foul him. Instead he took a couple dribbles and tried to pass it into traffic and turned it over.

I think he'll get it. Just going to take some more time.
Was yelling all night for him to just shoot it. The bigs and AJ were just waiting to help.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom