Tristen’s acrobatic and-1s | The Boneyard

Tristen’s acrobatic and-1s

Reaction Score
In the game vs NW, Tristen quietly garnered a double double, but what impressed more is that he has not just one but two jaw dropping
And-1 baskets, and i still marvel at how he got the ball in despite watching it multiple times.

Ps. It sucks I cannot put two twitter feeds
In one post.

Reaction Score
Here is the other one, note where Tristen started, full court sprinting, then finished it with unbelievable maneuvering.

Great pass by Castle too.

Just for illustrative purposes. I thought the defender tried to avoid contact but it looks like he did move towards Tristen very slightly. Should it have been a no call?

Reaction Score
Great pass by Castle too.

Just for illustrative purposes. I thought the defender tried to avoid contact but it looks like he did move towards Tristen very slightly. Should it have been a no call?
You can see the defender lean into the jump, plus he was in the restricted area. Def a foul.

Reaction Score
I’m actually amazed how few fouls Newton draws. In my novice view it looks like he’s getting hit almost every time he goes to the hoop
He gets no respect in the lane most nights. He’s always getting clobbered with no call. I’ve never seen a UConn player get treated so poorly by the refs. It seems to be a Big East ref thing in particular.

Reaction Score
Wait really? I honestly feel like in an average game Tristen is the only UConn player who gets a favorable whistle. Seems like there’s usually a play per game where I think he’s gonna get the push off offensive foul but he gets an and1 on it instead, may just be my imagination

Reaction Score
Let this sink in for a moment: from an unheralded HS recruit, to ECU guard, to national champ, and all American? Can it get any better than this? Amazingly, it still can. He can bring us another banner!
Not totally unheralded. Over 3200 pts in hs. Led Texas with over 37ppg.

Reaction Score
Those are not lucky shots, he was aiming for the basket. Just like hole in ones aren't lucky, all golfers are aiming for the hole.

Reaction Score
Let this sink in for a moment: from an unheralded HS recruit, to ECU guard, to national champ, and all American? Can it get any better than this? Amazingly, it still can. He can bring us another banner!
I was thinking the same thing.

Tristen has gotten better every single season of his collegiate career and is an excellent example of how a player has used his extra year of eligibility to the fullest benefit, both in his present moment w/ UConn and his future pro aspirations.

Side note: the outward passion of Hurley and co. is awesome, but I love Tristen’s quiet confidence. Like he never looks rattled and it always looks like he’s having the time of his life on the court. He’s probably my favorite player this season.

Reaction Score
Wait really? I honestly feel like in an average game Tristen is the only UConn player who gets a favorable whistle. Seems like there’s usually a play per game where I think he’s gonna get the push off offensive foul but he gets an and1 on it instead, may just be my imagination
Yeah he’s usually our most frequent FT shooter but he is clobbered every time he drives and it’s most often not called.

Ironically, on one of these highlight baskets, I thought he came down and landed before releasing the shot.

Reaction Score
He’s the greatest transfer in program history. He’s pushing for greatest player in program history. Apologies to everyone especially Kemba.

Reaction Score
This was part of his game coming into Uconn from ECU. You could in his highlight videos a high level difficult shot maker while playing through contact at the rim

Reaction Score
Tristen has had a huge impact on Danny and his coaching going forward. Early on I think Dan misunderstood Tristen's chill vibe as not caring as much as more emotional guys did. Clearly the respect is there between the two of them and there's no one Dan wants with the ball in their hands with the game on the line more than TN. The student teaching the teacher.

Reaction Score
God, remember the insufferable "we can't win because we don't have a point guard!" takes?

Reaction Score
Tristen has had a huge impact on Danny and his coaching going forward. Early on I think Dan misunderstood Tristen's chill vibe as not caring as much as more emotional guys did. Clearly the respect is there between the two of them and there's no one Dan wants with the ball in their hands with the game on the line more than TN. The student teaching the teacher.
I think it’s a 2 way street. Danny has had a huge impact on Tristen. I doubt Newton would be in school for year 5 if he was at another institution

Reaction Score
I think it’s a 2 way street. Danny has had a huge impact on Tristen. I doubt Newton would be in school for year 5 if he was at another institution
You're probably right on year 5. Win/win for both of them.

Reaction Score
Side note: the outward passion of Hurley and co. is awesome, but I love Tristen’s quiet confidence. Like he never looks rattled and it always looks like he’s having the time of his life on the court. He’s probably my favorite player this season.
And contrasted with Cam Newton...it's a 180 degree opposite back court, yet they play perfectly together

Reaction Score
Here is the other one, note where Tristen started, full court sprinting, then finished it with unbelievable maneuvering.

You can see how demoralized the NWestern player looks at the end of that clip after playing solid D.

Reaction Score
Too think in some parallel universe he's languishing in ECU watching all the March fun from home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom