Trial Run | The Boneyard

Trial Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Is this another KO type trial with TJ?

Absolutely. And its rather clever if it was all part of Warde's design last winter.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I hope Warde has layed out some metrics other than w's though; don't need TJW making desperation calls. I don't think it's worth burning shirts to try to get to 4 or 5 wins. If he can get the team to show up and compete like they care it'll be a major improvement. If he can avoid game planning to obvious weaknesses and refusing to adjust, that'll be another improvement.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
We just need to be careful of Bill Stewart syndrome. Team is so excited to play for new coach that it clouds real leadership issues.

Weist has a cleaner track record than Stewart did...but I am sure WM will take the honeymoon factor into consideration with his decision on permanent replacement.

Reaction Score

Yes this was made clear at the press conference. The difference is Ollie just had to run downhill and Weist has to run up hill.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

I think this is different in that KO was probably getting the job barring a fubar. I think TJW is a real long-shot here, and taht we are going to do a thorough search this time around. I will be surprised if anyone on this staff is around next year. The fact that Warde said we aren't going backward on pay means he is looking elsewhere - it wouldn't take $1.7m to keep TJW.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I think this is different in that KO was probably getting the job barring a fubar. I think TJW is a real long-shot here, and taht we are going to do a thorough search this time around. I will be surprised if anyone on this staff is around next year. The fact that Warde said we aren't going backward on pay means he is looking elsewhere - it wouldn't take $1.7m to keep TJW.
Unless TJW goes 7-1, wins the AAC and we go to the Orange bowl. Then people will be knocking down the door to take him off of our hand for more than $1.7m. Not a chance in hell we go 7-1, but I can dream...even at 6-2 (bowl eligible/near top of AAC) would get some looks from other teams.

Reaction Score
6 or more wins TJ is a LOCK for the job barring a scandal. UCONN has never won 6 conference games.

5 wins - I'll say 90% chance he stays. 5 probably means we won the rest of our home games.

4 wins - 51% if the players lobby on his behalf and recruiting is going well. He'll be tough to beat.

3 wins - 25 % maybe slightly higher if recruiting is going well and the players want him back

Less than 3 no chance. He has to get 3 to even be in the discussion.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. And its rather clever if it was all part of Warde's design last winter.

Judging by his state of exhaustion yesterday he wasn't counting on this chain of events. Hope he gets some rest - just not too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom