Trey Dickerson | The Boneyard

Trey Dickerson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2013 PG will be visiting unofficially tomorrow per
@GiveNGobball: Trey Dickerson '13 G from God's Academy (TX) is taking an unofficial visit to UConn tomorrow and has received interest from UC Santa Barbara

Reaction Score
not to be that guy, but are we really battling UC Santa Barbara for players now?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
we're going to take down uc-santa barbara...time to slice and dice their asses. Not sure why we are after another pg, but whatever.

Reaction Score
we're going to take down uc-santa barbara...time to slice and dice their asses. Not sure why we are after another pg, but whatever.
That's what I'm thinking. I say save the scholarship for 2014.

Reaction Score
First, this is an unofficial visit. Second, most likely this unofficial visit is going to be paired with a visit to URI, where he was heavily recruited before having to reclassify because of academics.

He is from NYC originally, now from Los Angeles thru Texas and has offers from some majors.

I'm trying to figure out where having a recruit take an unofficial means we will offer the kid.

There are a million kids that know in the recruit marketing world that it is advantageous to link your name with an elite program, whether that interest is reciprocated or not.

Let him come and let the staff have a look at him, if they choose.

Reaction Score
not to be that guy, but are we really battling UC Santa Barbara for players now?

you're always "that guy". how bout waiting until you hear that we have even offered him before getting dramatic.

Reaction Score
Supposedly this kid has insane handles.
like this?
doorhandle1.jpg

Reaction Score
First, this is an unofficial visit. Second, most likely this unofficial visit is going to be paired with a visit to URI, where he was heavily recruited before having to reclassify because of academics.

He is from NYC originally, now from Los Angeles thru Texas and has offers from some majors.

I'm trying to figure out where having a recruit take an unofficial means we will offer the kid.

There are a million kids that know in the recruit marketing world that it is advantageous to link your name with an elite program, whether that interest is reciprocated or not.

Let him come and let the staff have a look at him, if they choose.
Yes...he is originally from NYC. He attended Christ The King HS his freshman year where he played w/ current UConn freshman Omar Calhoun before going west. I agree an unofficial does not = an offer.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Dickerson you say?? Maybe when he comes to Storrs, Ollie can steer him over to Coach Pasqualoni.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Dickerson you say?? Maybe when he comes to Storrs, Ollie can steer him over to Coach Pasqualoni.
Like he would know how to use a quality RB.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
if that hand looked more female in nature, i would struggle with what to do with it
Seriously Dan, you need to pick a few days out of each week where the strongest thing you drink is water.

Reaction Score
LSU.
If my memory serves me, JC decided on Bev, while LSU had to settle on Marcus Thornton. I believe we also looked into future NBAer in Ramone Sessions who went to Nevada.

As much as I liked Bev, there's little doubt that the two JC passed on, or passed on us, turned out to be much more talented players.

IMO, not one of JC's finer recruiting moments, especially since we had just one ship to fill and could have used a more athletic guard with that ship.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
If my memory serves me, JC decided on Bev, while LSU had to settle on Marcus Thornton. I believe we also looked into future NBAer in Ramone Sessions who went to Nevada.

As much as I liked Bev, there's little doubt that the two JC passed on, or passed on us, turned out to be much more talented players.
Sessions was an academic train wreck and didn't have many options. Bob gibbons sold Nevada coach mark fox on taking a flyer on him as he was a good kid. Panned out well for Nevada.

Reaction Score
Sessions was way before them, he wasn't in that year.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Give this kid a chance, Jesus. We don't need every player to be top 100 to be successful.

Part of me says you're right. But part of me says I don't want a rebuilding phase for the next 10 years.

Reaction Score
You have Facey who's Top 100, and Samuel who is a fringe Top 100 guy. Give KO some time with a long-term contract and we'll see some more top tier talent in Storrs.

Reaction Score
@Coast2CoastHoop: 2013 God's Academy point guard Trey Dickerson is currently on his way to an unofficial visit to UConn.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
WHO IS THIS KID WHY ARE WE INVITING HIM TO STORRS WE DON'T NEED A GUARD!

Just by watching 2min of his highlight film, every time he puts one toe into the paint and drives it results in a charge. Sure, it's not called but its 100% clear that this kid has no control. No control whatsoever. Who gives a damn if he has handles? He can't dribble in traffic. Why are we wasting our time when Brendan Allen is 10x better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom