Tremont Waters (again) | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yes. Cal that immoral loser. It's not like we'd invite Bynum to UConn events (and, unlike Ham, Bynum never actually enrolled at UConn and attended classes).

Have we pimped Bynum out like Cal undoubtedly is going to? I've never seen him in any UCONN alums in the NBA lists. I mean, comparing UCONN, and how Cal brags about his 'waystation' to the NBA, to UK is a looong stretch in the best of circumstances.

Reaction Score
Have we pimped Bynum out like Cal undoubtedly is going to? I've never seen him in any UConn alums in the NBA lists. I mean, comparing UConn, and how Cal brags about his 'waystation' to the NBA, to UK is a looong stretch in the best of circumstances.

LMAO. So you are comparing how we treated Bynum to how Cal hasn't yet treated Hammy, and found Cal lacking? Yes, that's reasonable.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The only downside to all this is that there doesn't appear to be a scenario where Duke gets totally left out in the cold (Jackson to NBA, Duval anywhere else, Waters to UConn, Bamba to UT).

Which is always a win....for society as a whole. ;)

Reaction Score
By the way, on Waters, don't hold your breath. Not close to ending. And, despite the idea that UConn is the default, there are more schools involved than people are letting on. UConn is not the default. He has options.
Who are these so called options we dont know about

intlzncster

Reaction Score
LMAO. So you are comparing how we treated Bynum to how Cal hasn't yet treated Hammy, and found Cal lacking? Yes, that's reasonable.

No, I'm going based on all the things Cal has said and done since he took over UK, and projecting into the future. I mean, if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and is the genetic equivalent of a duck....it's a duck.

Your point was a false equivalency anyway, as Bynum never actually matriculated at UCONN. He was just a verbal.

And lastly, you turned what was originally a joke into a pissing match. But your piss is super yellow and you need to hydrate.

Reaction Score
Who are these so called options we dont know about

He may very well come to UConn, but that will be because he has genuine interest in the school, even though it's not the top choice. He has other good options, so if/when he commits, it will be because he wants to be there. I haven't chimed in on anything until I saw the tenor of the last couple pages of posts. UConn isn't the last unattached girl at the dance. It's not ending soon, summer session doesn't start soon, and he has choices.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The only downside to all this is that there doesn't appear to be a scenario where Duke gets totally left out in the cold (Jackson to NBA, Duval anywhere else, Waters to UConn, Bamba to UT).

Which is always a win....for society as a whole. ;)

Duke never gets totally left in the cold. They control the climate in MCBB.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I thought K looked familiar.

ae43cdc016cbf75aa5e68d3f784e998e.jpg

Reaction Score
He may very well come to UConn, but that will be because he has genuine interest in the school, even though it's not the top choice. He has other good options, so if/when he commits, it will be because he wants to be there. I haven't chimed in on anything until I saw the tenor of the last couple pages of posts. UConn isn't the last unattached girl at the dance. It's not ending soon, summer session doesn't start soon, and he has choices.
Oh ok on that we agree. Lol. I took your post wrong. I agree he isnt as down on us as we are projecting. I dont think hes down on us at all, i just think jed prefer duke, uk, or ku like 98% of recruits

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Duke and UK for sure.

Kansas never seems to do too poorly on the recruiting trail either.

Reaction Score
Do you guys think having Alterique plays into Tremont's decision making at all?

Both are extremely talented, undersized guards that have a very slim chance of bringing their games to the NBA.

With that said they both should be in college 4 years. So neither is guaranteed to be "the guy" at the PG position, which is what seems to be a priority for Tremont/his Dad.

We've seen Kemba/Bazz transition into Bazz/Boat pretty effectively....but I'm thinking these 2 can't be on the court at the same time as much as these past PG combos were. Simply both are just too small. (Might be wrong here)

This has to be crossing his and his dad's mind as they explore options...

Reaction Score
Do you guys think having Alterique plays into Tremont's decision making at all?

Both are extremely talented, undersized guards that have a very slim chance of bringing their games to the NBA.

With that said they both should be in college 4 years. So neither is guaranteed to be "the guy" at the PG position, which is what seems to be a priority for Tremont/his Dad.

We've seen Kemba/Bazz transition into Bazz/Boat pretty effectively....but I'm thinking these 2 can't be on the court at the same time as much as these past PG combos were. Simply both are just too small. (Might be wrong here)

This has to be crossing his and his dad's mind as they explore options...

Of course it does... Our pitch should be that we are going to go ultra small and force teams to adapt to us. Otherwise, he is certain to look at our depth chart and wonder where 25-30mpg are going to come from.

Reaction Score
Of course it does... Our pitch should be that we are going to go ultra small and force teams to adapt to us. Otherwise, he is certain to look at our depth chart and wonder where 25-30mpg are going to come from.

They will have to go 3 guards for Waters to work into the team. The thing is, they probably almost have to go 3 guards anyway, given the recruiting and team depth, so... there does seem to be minutes available if you play Vital and Anderson at the 3, while Jalen/Alterique/Tremont rotate at the 1/2. Obviously this assumes Larrier/Polley are mostly 4s, and that Diarra switches between 4/5, while Cobb/Carlton get the most minutes at the 5.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I believe he's played at the JC Mohegan Sun charity events.

Got ya. Not looking to pick a battle, was more curious than anything.

I actually thought Bynum had expressed interest in participating, but since he never played at UConn, he wasn't invited. Could be wrong though.

Reaction Score
They will have to go 3 guards for Waters to work into the team. The thing is, they probably almost have to go 3 guards anyway, given the recruiting and team depth, so... there does seem to be minutes available if you play Vital and Anderson at the 3, while Jalen/Alterique/Tremont rotate at the 1/2. Obviously this assumes Larrier/Polley are mostly 4s, and that Diarra switches between 4/5, while Cobb/Carlton get the most minutes at the 5.

I'd love to see it... Gilbert, Adams, and Waters playing the 1, 2, 3 in any positionless way you'd like. Larrier at the 4 and anyone at the 5. That gives you 3 guys who can be triple threats, an athlete w/ skills and versatility at the 4, and hopefully, someone who can set screens, rebound, throw an outlet pass, and catch a ball at the 5. Would be a fun team to watch for sure.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

It's how we are and have been built anyway, like you say.

Unless a couple 6'9 - 7'1 lottery picks fall onto our roster out of the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom