Tremont Waters (again) | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hearing a lot about dad being difficult.

I've got nothing against dad being involved. Too many of these kids don't have dad's, or have mentors who are taking advantage of them (see zach brown... or tamesha.. whatever her name is..).

Coaches are also VULTURES for these kids. It can be awful, even at the d2 level.

When daddy starts demanding playing time then we have a different conversation.

Any ideas what TWs dad is doing?

C

Chief00

Hearing a lot about dad being difficult.

I've got nothing against dad being involved. Too many of these kids don't have dad's, or have mentors who are taking advantage of them (see zach brown... or tamesha.. whatever her name is..).

Coaches are also VULTURES for these kids. It can be awful, even at the d2 level.

When daddy starts demanding playing time then we have a different conversation.

Any ideas what TWs dad is doing?
Zack Brown's mentor "dad" did not take advantage of him - he tried to help him.

Reaction Score
IMG_4741.jpg

Purvis with the Instagram comment on Tremont's most recent post. You guys can try to decipher the emoji

C

Chief00

To my friends - that was fun last night - looking forward to The Weekend June 2nd. Chief

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Duke may still offer if they miss on Duval. They just offered Tucker after missing on Knox. If Duval goes to Duke he's gotta be ours

Kid might actually be waiting all this out. Just in case.

C

Chief00

Those aren't mutually exclusive goals.
So are you saying by trying to help him he might have enabled him in some way? Perhaps, but he was in a very low place before he even met his mentor. My read of the situation was his mentor Dad tried to help but Zach already was in too deep. Can't fault the guy for trying to help a kid just because it did not work out. At least he tried.

Reaction Score
So are you saying by trying to help him he might have enabled him in some way? Perhaps, but he was in a very low place before he even met his mentor. My read of the situation was his mentor Dad tried to help but Zach already was in too deep. Can't fault the guy for trying to help a kid just because it did not work out. At least he tried.

I'm not sure you know what mutually exclusive means. Or you're just kind of a numbskull and can't answer my point.

If his mentor can become his new family and change him, Zach could have become successful and benefitted the mentor greatly. Get the kid out of the slums, poach his millions. The only reason he knew Zach was because he wanted him to be on his son's AAU team.

Where is that mentor now? When he realized Zach was down a wrong path and WASN'T going to be a basketball star, he disappeared?

That's the read I have on the situation. I hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure you know what mutually exclusive means. Or you're just kind of a numbskull and can't answer my point.

If his mentor can become his new family and change him, Zach could have become successful and benefitted the mentor greatly. Get the kid out of the slums, poach his millions. The only reason he knew Zach was because he wanted him to be on his son's AAU team.

Where is that mentor now? When he realized Zach was down a wrong path and WASN'T going to be a basketball star, he disappeared?

That's the read I have on the situation. I hope I'm wrong.

There are definitely shady "mentors" all around trying to get rich. Brown's mentor was already a rich guy so I don't think this was some sort of scheme. This is totally speculation, but I imagine that he kept giving Zach chances but the kid was too irrevocably damaged from his upbringing. You can only give someone so many 2nd chances.

As for Waters, this situation is totally screwy. It really seems clear that he is hoping for a KU or Duke offer after they miss on Duval but I would take him with open arms regardless of the path. The idea that a guy like Stansbury at a school like WKU is backing off of Tremont because of his father is completely wild but we aren't in a position to turn down someone with that talent. I guess WKU is? Just weird.

Reaction Score
I am getting info that things are influx again with waters. Hearing all different news on him and where he will land. His camp is playing a power move to get a blue blood offer. Not sure if it is uk or duke etc

Reaction Score
Sorry guys seemed very clear last week

No reason to be sorry this one is beyond fluid it's all out whacked.

Again we need to be careful what we wish for at times,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#