Tre Mitchell OV - This weekend | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Tre Mitchell OV - This weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not true at all. There are many scenarios where the parent doesn't care where the kid goes. Zionn is saying that his mother, having uprooted herself to CT, might not want to do it again, and is nudging her kid to stay local.

If you have skepticism about guys we know to have an inside connection to the program in some form or fashion, keep it to yourself. There's a very specific reason for this. There's a contingent of posters who jump allover 'insiders' whenever their predictions or snippets of information turn out another way.

And many of us come on the board specifically for the information these guys provide. I know I did when I first started coming here. Back then, we had more 'insiders' than we do now. They leave the board or just stop posting, because they feel no need to take abuse for what is effectively providing other people a service. Nobody would.

Again, the absolute best case scenario when you call somebody out, is it adds no value to the board. The other more likely option is that it causes guys to post less, or at worst, leave the board entirely.

I'm not even white-knighting for Zionn here. I don't want what you post to ruin my experience on here. But I'm sure it's the same for a lot of others on the board.

If my post regarding being skeptical of Zionn is ruining your experience here on the Boneyard, then I will no longer voice/comment my thoughts on Zionn's inside info. Plain and simple as that.

In the several years that I have been poster I believe I only brought my doubts up twice, and this recent post was prompted by @Rocktheworld.

This is not even something I feel strongly about, and so this will be my last post on Zionn's inside info.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If my post regarding being skeptical of Zionn is ruining your experience here on the Boneyard,
[/USER]

That's not what I wrote. The content of your post itself has no bearing on my enjoyment of the Yard whatsoever. It's the potential impact of your post that does - ie making Zionn post less. He stopped for a bit because of all the BS and has just started again. Glad he's back. Want it to stay that way. He might get a little more specific as time goes on, but it just wasn't worth the abuse during the Ollie era.

This is not even something I feel strongly about, and so this will be my last post on Zionn's inside info.

Thanks. Not even trying to be a dick here. Thought I was at least respectful about it. Keep on posting. I won't ride you anymore.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This kid should have been a lottery pick. Now he's gonna need a monster year to even be a first round pick.

This is ridiculous - Its known you are a KO hater but let's be realistic
KO had zero to do with JA not being a lottery pick - JA, because of injuries to others, was afforded something he needed the most - increased chances to handle the ball against bigger competition.
KO was not an effective coach, by any means, but he also didn't destroy kids and those kids don't feel that way
SE had no heart or desire, VJ - given time he would only dreamed about didn't want to compete for a job the next year and took his ball and ran away, JD forgot KO gave him the opportunity when all other D1 schools turned a deaf ear when he was injured and walked away.
JA is a really good player but his size and lack of perimeter shooting consistency are detrimental
To even think JA would have been a lottery pick during his 1st three years - Bazz wasn't at that status - C'mon really?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I am a known KO realist. I gave him a longer leash than a lot of others on this board. But I was wrong. And I don't hate him at all, just am very frank about what he brought to the table, especially in the last 4 years or so. I recognize he could not develop players to save his life.

KO had zero to do with JA not being a lottery pick - JA, because of injuries to others, was afforded something he needed the most - increased chances to handle the ball against bigger competition.

That's one of the more preposterous things I've read on here. You are basically saying a HC has nothing to do with a kid's development. Jim Calhoun would laugh you out the gym. KO had sooooo much to do with Jalen and everyone else's development.

KO was not an effective coach, by any means, but he also didn't destroy kids and those kids don't feel that way

No, he didn't destroy guys, but he didn't develop them either. The list is long and distinguished. And I'm talking about the guys who stayed 3-4 years, not the ones you listed. He criminally wasted JA's career.

SE had no heart or desire,

Enoch had no fundamentals nor idea what he was doing. KO did nothing about either. Nor red-shirt him when it was quite obvious this was the case.

VJ - given time he would only dreamed about didn't want to compete for a job the next year and took his ball and ran away, JD forgot KO gave him the opportunity when all other D1 schools turned a deaf ear when he was injured and walked away.

Enoch, VJ, and JD made very smart decisions in retrospect, for their development alone. It wasn't happening at UCONN, and they made the move to better themselves. At the time, I was critical of their decisions initially, but as time went on, I saw they were much more savvy than we gave credit for. Again, I was wrong.

A is a really good player but his size and lack of perimeter shooting consistency are detrimental

@Matrim55 effectively outlined the problems with his shooting here: Which players do you think fans are sleeping on for this season? I will not be surprised to see JA as a 40% 3pt shooter this year if he does what Hurley tells him.

And Jalen is 6'2 190. He's got perfect size for a guard. He just needs physical development in the weight room and conditioning. He and everyone else got none of that under KO.

To even think JA would have been a lottery pick during his 1st three years - Bazz wasn't at that status - C'mon really?

You realize Jalen started over Donovan Mitchell in high school yes? And that he was a far better player than Bazz coming into UCONN?

And I didn't specify by what year he'd be lottery. Just that he would have, at some point.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This kid should have been a lottery pick. Now he's gonna need a monster year to even be a first round pick.

SE had no heart or desire, VJ - given time he would only dreamed about didn't want to compete for a job the next year and took his ball and ran away, JD forgot KO gave him the opportunity when all other D1 schools turned a deaf ear when he was injured and walked away.
JA is a really good player but his size and lack of perimeter shooting consistency are detrimental

This is the Tre Mitchell OV thread, someone just posted Twitter photos that are the first completely on point info on the actual visit, and you thereafter posted this.

Phooey.

Makes me wish for an actual separate thread on the weekend in progress. And I hope itvs going well for Tre Mitchell and UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom