Transportation | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Transportation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are looking to take the train from New Haven or points further west to Grand Central. I have taken the train a few times to Yankee Stadium, but it was always during off peak hours. Do any of you see any issue with parking at the train station in New Haven? I was thinking about driving to Darien and picking up the train there as the difference from my house to Darien is only about 20 minutes longer than New Haven, but the train ride is about an hour less so it would cut the commute down by about 40 minutes. However, my concern is that the trains are going to be full by the time they get to Darien.

Any thoughts?

Reaction Score
We are looking to take the train from New Haven or points further west to Grand Central. I have taken the train a few times to Yankee Stadium, but it was always during off peak hours. Do any of you see any issue with parking at the train station in New Haven? I was thinking about driving to Darien and picking up the train there as the difference from my house to Darien is only about 20 minutes longer than New Haven, but the train ride is about an hour less so it would cut the commute down by about 40 minutes. However, my concern is that the trains are going to be full by the time they get to Darien.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?
You should have no problem parking at the NH train station; either at the station or the garage across the street. I have done it plenty of times.

Reaction Score
Sobering up on the train ride back is a New York City tradition for Central/Eastern Connecticut residents that shant be broken. Though with no beer being sold this trip, the buzz may wear off well beforehand. May have to take surface streets and stop a few places from Penn Station to Grand Central.

On the other hand...MTA Schedule website says that the last train back to Union Station leaves before 11:30pm. Either we miss the best part of MSU/UVA or stay in the City until Saturday Morning...or I'm wrong. I have no problem with the case being a the latter two.

It says last train 1130, because the trains after midnight are technically the next day, but there are three more trains after that.

So you do not need to miss the end of the game, or dodge the city till 6am.

Reaction Score
That's all well and good, but I plan on being on the 1:46 train out of New Haven. BTW At the prices that Session one is currently going for, Is there anyone planning on leaving before game 2?

With no booze being served it's going to be awfully tough to sit through the second game, win or lose.

Reaction Score
It may have just been that I was woke up too early by my 20 month old, but I'm positive I had a headache and dry mouth. Vodka doesn't upset my stomach or give as much of a headache the morning after like beer does.
Im going with the 20 month old.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I was planning on driving from Suffield to Darien and catching the train does anyone know what times the train leaves Grand central after the games are over or more importantly is there one that will stop in Darien?

Reaction Score
If bold letter appears in Note column, click on it for details.
Departs
DARIENNotesArrives
GRAND CENTRALNotesTravel Time
In MinutesTransfer(s)Fares
3:16 PM4:15 PM59THROUGH TRAINOFF PEAK
3:40 PM4:41 PM61THROUGH TRAINOFF PEAK
4:18 PM5:18 PM60THROUGH TRAINOFF PEAK
4:44 PM5:49 PM65THROUGH TRAINOFF PEAK
5:15 PM6:19 PM64THROUGH TRAINOFF PEAK
5:42 PM6:50 PM68THROUGH TRAINOFF PEAK
6:22 PM7:21 PM59THROUGH TRAINOFF PEAK
6:47 PM7:49 PM62THROUGH TRAINOFF PEAK
7:48 PM8:49 PM61THROUGH TRAINOFF PEAK
8:50 PM9:52 PM62THROUGH TRAINOFF PEAK

RETURN
If bold letter appears in Note column, click on it for details.
Departs
GRAND CENTRALNotesArrives
DARIENNotesTravel Time
12:07 AM1:01 AM54THROUGH TRAINOFF PEAK
1:07 AM2:01 AM54THROUGH TRAINOFF PEAK
1:47 AM2:41 AM54THROUGH TRAINOFF PEAK

Reaction Score
I was planning on driving from Suffield to Darien and catching the train does anyone know what times the train leaves Grand central after the games are over or more importantly is there one that will stop in Darien?

11:22 PM 12:16 AM54THROUGH TRAINOFF PEAK

Departs
GRAND CENTRALNotesArrives
DARIENNotesTravel Time
12:07 AM1:01 AM54THROUGH TRAINOFF PEAK
1:07 AM2:01 AM54THROUGH TRAINOFF PEAK
1:47 AM2:41 AM54THROUGH TRAINOFF PEAK

http://as0.mta.info/mnr/schedules/sched_results.cfm

Reaction Score
Regarding no beer -is this an NCAA rule for all joints I assume? What horsesh!!.

Reaction Score
Regarding no beer -is this an NCAA rule for all joints I assume? What horsesh!!.

They whore out the student athletes for every last nickel of tv money, but have morality regarding alcohol sales?

I cannot believe that they can turn down their cut of the millions in beer sales.

I don't even get the rationale. The tiny percentage of college students that are there and underage, can't buy, anyway.

Reaction Score
BS rule, but you just need to load up on nips...they're easy to sneak in and you'll save money.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Won't the aluminum cap set off the metal detector?
I recently had to go to traffic court and wore a coat I hadn't worn in a long time. Well, I set of the metal detector and for the life of me couldn't figure out what was causing it. Well, the coat had a lot of pockets and I finally found the problem. A condom. Never would've thought that would set off a metal detector if I had remembered it was in my pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom