Transferring after a redshirt year | The Boneyard

Transferring after a redshirt year

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Does a player have to sit a year if s/he transfers immediately after a red shirt year?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
5' 10", but I used all four years of eligibility.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Does a player have to sit a year if s/he transfers immediately after a red shirt year?

As far as I know, they're treated exactly like any other transfer; they have to sit a year unless they just graduated and are entering a new graduate program.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
If you guys remember Luke Recker his Indiana to Arizona to Iowa transfer saga in the early 2000s only cost him 1 year of red shirting total. I'm not sure if that's how it always works or if he was an exception.

Reaction Score
Transfers are not on scholarship the year they sit out so I doubt the NCAA can force them to sit out another year if they want to transfer.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Transfers are not on scholarship the year they sit out so I doubt the NCAA can force them to sit out another year if they want to transfer.

They can be on scholarship at the new school from day 1, as long as they are academically eligible, and their previous school has granted their release.

There's situations all the time where coaches or AD's don't let the kid out of their scholarship, if they don't want a kid to go to a certain school, or are just being petty. In that case, the kid can still transfer, but he has to pay his own way for a year, after which he can receive a scholarship from the new school free and clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom