Transfer Thread Pt 2..... | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Transfer Thread Pt 2.....

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
She sure came through in the championship game verse Miss State. Fantastic job shutting down Morgan William when William was streaking.

We don't win the title without Bianca. She was integral and her ability to negate Morgan William in every matchup vs. State was so important.

Reaction Score
I'm excited for it. Considering how depleted we were at the guard spots last year.. it's nice to have A LOT of talent there this coming year. If Jennings returns for sure (all signs are alluding that she will) then our forward rotation will be solid. If SC picks up Howard it'll be good to great.. but a rotation of Jennings, Harrigan, and our young forwards of Grissett and Williams (along with freshman Saxton and Wesolek) is a serviceable group.

The real excitement for SC next season is in the backcourt. You have a PG1 in Harris, combo guards in Cuevas and Cooper that can relieve Harris, good wings that can slide from SG to SF in Jackson, Perry and Cliney.. and an elite freshman pg that you can develop in Henderson.

Cuevas coming back is important because it instills that leadership on defense back into the backcourt. We struggled greatly on defense last year but should be MUCH better there this year with Cuevas and Cooper, not to mention Cliney and Jackson who are good defenders themselves.

I agree all signs point to us having maybe the best backcourt in Dawns tenure to date. Harris is one of the top 4 pure point guards in the country ( Dangerfield, Ionescu, and Mangakahia would be the other 3) with an elite back up in Henderson. Cuevas-Moore and Cooper will bring a scoring/defensive punch that few teams will have an answer for. Both can and will get to the rim with ease and will be a major pain for coaches to scout against. Jackson and Perry will likely be the best shooters on the squad. Jackson shot 40% from bta last season (best % among SEC freshman) and will only get better with a soph jump and her high IQ, the skies the limit for this kid. Perry prior to her injury and point slippage shot a career best 43.5% from bta in 2015-16 when she averaged 14.3 ppg. She should have plenty of opportunities to reach that mark or shoot better now that she’s surrounded by better players. Cliney is a Senior and will likely be the glue(do it all) player that we need. Last season she struggled at times whether it was shooting or turnovers. She tried to do to much and you could tell it made her uncomfortable. This year she can focus on one role which is defense or rebounding and she could really excel.

Overall I think it will be pretty good team and could be better then last years squad. Call me crazy but even though we lose 22 ppg, 11 rpg, and 3 bpg this teams ceiling is through the roof with the amount of guards we will have. If everyone finds their niche and chemistry comes together a FF berth wouldn’t surprise me one bit! Go Cocks!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This is a bummer for OSU Fans. One of my favorites. I know she would have been challenged to get minutes with Destiny Slocum coming on board. I wish this kid the very best. She has game, and, I hope she gets to show it at San Diego State.

I liked her too. Just can't see any way she would've seen the floor much in '18-'19 for OSU. She was already clearly behind Pivec, McWilliams, Tudor and Goodman in the rotation, who all return. Add in Slocum of course and don't discount Simmons from Australia.

Reaction Score
Surprised we haven't heard anything about Howard. Figured she would have figured this out and announced by now.

Reaction Score
Surprised we haven't heard anything about Howard. Figured she would have figured this out and announced by now.
This has been explained already. She doesn’t graduate until the end of the summer term; the decision is on hold until she actually becomes eligible to play for someone else without having to wait.

Reaction Score
This has been explained already. She doesn’t graduate until the end of the summer term; the decision is on hold until she actually becomes eligible to play for someone else without having to wait.

EXCUSE ME! I thought it was a possible explanation as to why we hadn't heard anything, not a set in stone reason! MY BAD!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Sydney Z. will have to sit out a year but, once she's eligible, that will be a nice pairing with Tori Hyduke, from Rumson-Fair Haven, NJ. And obviously both can learn a lot from Jen Rizzotti.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Sounds like she is done, but she still has a year left.... Maybe Southie will know something.
Jordan Hosey has faced a lot of challenges and obstacles throughout her career. I recall an article that discussed her dyslexia and how difficult it was for her in high school to have to cope with it. I wish she could have finished her career as a Longhorn as it sounds like she represented herself and the university well the last 3 years. I wish her the best going forward.

On the court, she was a bit of a tweener; when we went small, she was playing power forward as a slender 6'1 player. Was pretty much a backup all 3 seasons. With Boothe's departure, and Khaleann Caron-Goudreau's graduate transfer, that's now 3 power forwards who have decided to move on. Joyner Holmes and Charli Collier are pretty much it at PF for Texas this coming season, although Sedona can play both Center and PF. Still, not as deep and experienced in the front court as I would have hoped.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Jordan Hosey has faced a lot of challenges and obstacles throughout her career. I recall an article that discussed her dyslexia and how difficult it was for her in high school to have to cope with it. I wish she could have finished her career as a Longhorn as it sounds like she represented herself and the university well the last 3 years. I wish her the best going forward.

On the court, she was a bit of a tweener; when we went small, she was playing power forward as a slender 6'1 player. Was pretty much a backup all 3 seasons. With Boothe's departure, and Khaleann Caron-Goudreau's graduate transfer, that's now 3 power forwards who have decided to move on. Joyner Holmes and Charli Collier are pretty much it at PF for Texas this coming season, although Sedona can play both Center and PF. Still, not as deep and experienced in the front court as I would have hoped.

Still have White, Prince, Holmes, and Collier. 2 players who were top 2 recruits, a highly touted incoming post and an experienced 5th year senior who was very solid this last year. Better post quality and depth than almost any other program in the country IMO.

Reaction Score
I agree all signs point to us having maybe the best backcourt in Dawns tenure to date. Harris is one of the top 4 pure point guards in the country ( Dangerfield, Ionescu, and Mangakahia would be the other 3) with an elite back up in Henderson. Cuevas-Moore and Cooper will bring a scoring/defensive punch that few teams will have an answer for. Both can and will get to the rim with ease and will be a major pain for coaches to scout against.

Overall I think it will be pretty good team and could be better then last years squad. Call me crazy but even though we lose 22 ppg, 11 rpg, and 3 bpg this teams ceiling is through the roof with the amount of guards we will have. If everyone finds their niche and chemistry comes together a FF berth wouldn’t surprise me one bit! Go Cocks!

a final four seems like a bit of a stretch but your team will certainly be a heck of lot more fun to watch next season.....

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I am shocked that no one from the Tennessee Lady Vols has transferred. I am also shocked that DePaul had 4 transfers. My one question is-So is Vic becoming South Carolina "lite" with all the transfers? :rolleyes:

My non-transfer comment to those Britany Griner naysayers is-given all the success that Stewie had in the college game, when does it transfer to the pro's? I mean she was supposed to be a transcendental player and we are now entering year 3 of her pro-WNBA career. My point is to use the same discerning eye on one of our own that we use on other non-UConn players.

To me, I like Stewie but I thought she would have had better numbers and results in the W so far but maybe that speaks to the true talent in the W and we all should be cutting Ms. Griner some slack as she has been elite in the W.
Do you really mean transcendental. Like into meditation or like Yogi Marhareesh or Yogi Berra or something. I could understand her being considered transcendent or perhaps she is going beyond dental work. I don't know

Reaction Score
What happened with Amber Ramirez? Missed it if there was any reporting or resolution.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom