Transfer Portal | Page 38 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bit of a walking turnover, but does some good things as well. Hopefully we can do better.
Agreed - not saying he's a perfect fit but likely we at least put him on our short to medium list.

Reaction Score
Appleby did zero in the sec tournament game I went too. played little in crunch time. Maybe it was an off night, but didn’t seem to have a discernible strength. I think he was likely losing minutes and floridas guards were bad, not UF caliber.

I like the videos on the VMI guy or a similar quick guy and then a bigger guard like that can really score Newton, etc. Locke as third guard would be ideal. Prob not likely but one can wish.

Reaction Score
Indianapolis born and bred Dre Davis just hit the portal. Another player from Louisville.

If I'm Matta, I'm all over him. Modest numbers: 7.4p, 3r, 50.7 2p%, but a physical, 6'5 220 wing who would be a solid pick up for a squad that has had underwhelming recruiting classes under Jordan.

According to VC, Davis wasn't offered by Butler, which is really surprising, since he was a top-125 prospect.

Three years of eligibility left.

FWIW, he was recruited by Luke Murray.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
A target, I would imagine.
i wouldn't, but im not looking for a school switcher, 8th year stinko player who has 1 year left on the clock. it feels like we're looking for a barco lounger with cup holders and full dining seat service somewhere in the bleachers.
not likely to happen, unless we get that weird, one off chair with plenty of space around it cuz of the stadium design, which can be really great iffn it's a hot and sweltering day at the ballpark, and all u want to do is chillax, spread out, chomp some chow, and let the world slowly drift by on a delightful summer afternoon, with nothing on ur mind but wondering iffn that wasp buzzing around will sting the outfielder, or the cotton candy dude.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
SHOOTING COMBO GUARD ALERT

Clemson's Al-Amir Dawes, 6'2 182 with two years of eligibility remaining. From Newark.

11.3p, 2.8r, 2.3a, 1.6 to, 0.9s. 42.2 2p%, 39.8 3p% (70% shot attempts are from three) and 84.7 ft%.

Not a true PG, per se, but with his shooting abilities, he would stretch the floor perfectly for Jackson, Hawkins, etc to attack the rim and Sanogo to do his thing in the post. Lots of kick out potential with Dawes.

I'd be very happy if we get him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Clemson's Al-Amir Dawes, 6'2 182 with two years of eligibility remaining. From Newark.

11.3p, 2.8r, 2.3a, 1.6 to, 0.9s. 42.2 2p%, 39.8 3p% (70% shot attempts are from three) and 84.7 ft%.
We ended up with Gaffney over Dawes and Wong the first time around. Rumor on here was he wanted to come to UConn but we took Gaffney instead. Hope we're involved here and correct that decision.

For anyone who wants a refresher

Reaction Score

this is the guy i wanted when we ended up getting Gaffney. if i recall correctly, he had a lot of interest in coming to UCONN

Reaction Score
We ended up with Gaffney over Dawes and Wong the first time around. Rumor on here was he wanted to come to UConn but we took Gaffney instead. Hope we're involved here and correct that decision.

I was told about Dawes’ impending departure late in the season from a Clemson grad assistant who shared some rough stories about Brownell being real, real old school.

I only saw them once for a few mins after that - he didn’t stand out, but looked a little thicker than I expected. Not much to add, just that 1000% he won’t be going back to Clemson And obv has been a reliable shooter there.

Reaction Score
Can any insiders @husky99 @Zionn @NJHoops @Matrim55 @Hurleyman216 gives us some insight on why the staff seemingly hasn't been publicly connected to anyone yet? Do they not like anyone in the portal right now? Prioritizing Europe or international kids first?

Not doubting or nervous, just impatient lol
Not an insider, but I am assuming UConn wants it quiet. There is no reason to be publicly linked to a transfer. When you hear UConn's involvement, it should be if said player is on a visit.

Reaction Score

always interesting to take a trip down memory lane with this stuff...

sanogo went to the patrick school, right? would they have overlapped for a year or two?

Reaction Score
Can any insiders @husky99 @Zionn @NJHoops @Matrim55 @Hurleyman216 gives us some insight on why the staff seemingly hasn't been publicly connected to anyone yet? Do they not like anyone in the portal right now? Prioritizing Europe or international kids first?

Not doubting or nervous, just impatient lol

This staff is locked down on the recruiting front. Very little news gets out unless someone has a connection to the family or their AAU team. Literally... nothing.

Reaction Score
Little surprised ppl aren't more intrigued by the St. Peter's kids. That's a tourney proven pg with Banks and a shooter with Edert. Both a little undersized but held up defensively against the Kentucky's of the world. We are loaded with jersey city connections with the Hurleys. Think they are both just destined for seton hall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom