Transfer Portal Window 2023 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Play him 8 minutes a game off the ball, cant leave him open in the corner. In case we need a zone buster or end-of-half/game situation since Alex will now be double-teamed.

No.

Zero minutes.

He’s played 4,000 minutes of college basketball and he’s still the same selfish twit he was in high school. He makes teams worse by existing.

Plus, lol, he’s not looking for a team that is gonna reduce him from a starting role and 34 minutes a game to the eight minute reserve role you’re proposing.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
No.

Zero minutes.

He’s played 4,000 minutes of college basketball and he’s still the same selfish twit he was in high school. He makes teams worse by existing.

Plus, lol, he’s not looking for a team that is gonna reduce him from a starting role and 34 minutes a game to the eight minute reserve role you’re proposing.
Eh, I figured he would want to play in some meaningful regular season games for once in his life.

Reaction Score
I think Singare is going to be backup to Clingin…Adama will go pro…Singare might be raw..but he is big strong and athletic… perfect backup

The only issue here is the propensity for DC to foul. If indeed Sanogo is gone will DC mature, stay on the ground on ball fakes and not swing his arms down on occasion? I mean I agree Singare would be nice if we know we're going to get 25-30 minutes out of DC consistently but if not, he's young and a potential big body transfer with experience may work here as well. Hoping Singare is the guy though.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No.

Zero minutes.

Boeheim will give him those minutes next year.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
We’ve got the biggest game of the season thus far tomorrow and we’re 5 pages into transfer portal thread. Grow up and refocus!!!
I can do two things at once. Plus, once again I am not playing in the games.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm expecting Johnson at the 4-5 as backup to both Donovan and Alex if he's here. Singare is a project. People think Samson is skinny and raw, wait until they see Singare.

Honestly, I'm curious about whether Castle was told he's play PG or not. If so, then Diarra may be the backup and that's it. I suppose Ball is the starting 2, then, but I wouldn't mind Alleyne returning in that role. Starting two freshman guards isn't confidence inspiring.
Agree with you re. Samson. He’s gotta be Clingans backup. I don’t see us bringing in a fourth C and our minutes at PF are spoken for between Karaban and Stewart.

But unless both Newton and Alleyne come back then we need to bring in another starting G. Ball needs to be a bench scorer.

No one else is going to crack this rotation it’s over 10 deep.

Castle- Diarra
Transfer- Ball
Jackson- Alleyne- Ross
Karaban- Stewart
Clingan- Johnson- Singare

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I can do two things at once. Plus, once again I am not playing in the games.
Okay I’m going to ask you some portal related questions tomorrow at 3:11pm EST. If you don’t respond with enough depth, I’ll ask you to retract this statement.

Reaction Score
No.

Zero minutes.

Oh, he's a chucker.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
We’ve got the biggest game of the season thus far tomorrow and we’re 5 pages into transfer portal thread. Grow up and refocus!!!
Transfer portals are a great way to release nervous energy

Reaction Score
Towson's Nicolas Timberlake just hit the portal and is an immediate guy I'd be interested as a shooter and scorer with size.

The 6'4 205 grad transfer from Braintree, MA averaged 17.7p, 3.9r, 2.4a, 2.8 3PM at 41.6 3p% and 3.5 FTA at 84.5 ft%

Was the alpha guard at Towson offensively, but his defensive metrics look below average.

High-major prospect, for sure.

Reaction Score
Towson's Nicolas Timberlake just hit the portal and is an immediate guy I'd be interested as a shooter and scorer with size.

The 6'4 205 grad transfer from Braintree, MA averaged 17.7p, 3.9r, 2.4a, 2.8 3PM at 41.6 3p% and 3.5 FTA at 84.5 ft%

Was the alpha guard at Towson offensively, but his defensive metrics look below average.

Definitely like this a lot. Prolific shooter. Strong finishing at rim, too. We'll cut down his midrange jumpers and he'll get even more efficient.
towson.png

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Definitely like this a lot. Prolific shooter. Strong finishing at rim, too. We'll cut down his midrange jumpers and he'll get even more efficient.
towson.png
This seems like a no brainer. Perfect fit next to Castle, one season opens up minutes for the Sophomores to step up.

Reaction Score
Here's an actual name. He put his name into the portal early as a 5th year COVID grad transfer. Plays tonight in the Patriot league final if you want to do some scouting.

Bootleg Baylor Scheierman. 6'7". Not a strong defender, but his block/steal rates are actually not horrible. Career 39% from 3, 80% from the line. This season 42% and 86%. Definitely a shooter.

Couldn't hit a shot tonight. 0/6 from 3. Next.

Reaction Score
Kinda surprised I’m the first one to bring this up. We are already 2 scholarships over the limit for next year. Assuming Adama and Hawk leave (which I’m not too sure they both do), who is transferring out to make room to take in even one new guy? Well I guess we can’t talk about that. I hope it’s not Samson; but that would at least narrow down our need.

Either way, I think our roster is set.

Reaction Score
Texas Tech coach gone.
Jaylon Tyson would be the guy, but he has already transferred and is a Texas guy. Not sure if people are getting coach fired waivers these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom