Transfer portal, Spring 2022 (merged thread) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal, Spring 2022 (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Columbia it is. I've been in and out of that fair city many times. Disrespect? For pointing out that outside of South Carolina everyone would assume you meant North Carolina when saying Carolina? I have to disclose here that I'm a long time Carolina (North Carolina variety) men's bball fan, but since Carolina (South Carolina variety) has long since left the ACC I don't much follow their sports stuff - except the women's bball team of course. So I have no particular reason to bad mouth Carolina (South Carolina variety). I save that for Duke or NC State or Clemson. But to the point; no one has ever, ever, when I referred to Carolina, asked which one.
I was referencing the "Columbus" remark. That is the only reason I responded to your post. All that other stuff I could care less. You have been to the city numerous times but you called it "Columbus".

Reaction Score
I was referring to the "Columbus" remark. That is the only reason I responded to your post. All that other stuff I could care less. You have been to the city numerous times, but you called it "Columbus".

Reaction Score
We need to get more athletic. South Carolina killed us with their athleticism and their tenacity. Amari jacks up the ball everytime she touches it but need to be more physical and learn the low post first.
But UCON is already much stronger than they were in the title game. Next year do you think you'll see someone who is more of a guard like Evina Westbrook having to guard Boston in the post?

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
You can use any name you want, perfectly fine. In some cases however, you might find most people don't attach the same meaning to the name. In Columbus, SC, USC and Carolina are fully understood to refer to that college down the street. In the rest of the freaking country it is understood USC and Carolina refer to the Trojans and the Tar Heels. That's just the way it is.
The problem with this is.....UCONN is used to separate the UC from all the other UC's. The South Carolina program is using Scar which I find idiotic. They are the only team within the Power 5 to use Gamecocks and they should play off of that instead of a USC or a Carolina...IMO. I would put Gamecocks on every athletic team jersey in every sport. Makes more sense if you want to stand out.

Reaction Score
So after all this portal chatter, does anyone know if UConn is in the hunt for any of these top transfers? I still think UConn needs a one and done bridge guard.

Reaction Score
So after all this portal chatter, does anyone know if UConn is in the hunt for any of these top transfers? I still think UConn needs a one and done bridge guard.
Fairfield standout graduate wing & MAAC conf POY Lou Lopez Senechal just committed to UConn. See applicable thread.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You can use any name you want, perfectly fine. In some cases however, you might find most people don't attach the same meaning to the name. In Columbus, SC, USC and Carolina are fully understood to refer to that college down the street. In the rest of the freaking country it is understood USC and Carolina refer to the Trojans and the Tar Heels. That's just the way it is.
Yea, like I said the rest of the sports world.

JS

Reaction Score
I was referencing the "Columbus" remark. That is the only reason I responded to your post. All that other stuff I could care less. You have been to the city numerous times but you called it "Columbus".
Sometimes people just misspeak. Give it a rest with ascribing disrespectful motives.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score

Yeah, just what we need.

Another immobile 6' 6" that scores 4 to 6 points again.

Seriously.....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sorry, Duke's not in the conversation.
I wasn't asking about Duke's immobile 6'6 players of the past. just UConn's.

I'd rather have Taylor Jones instead from Oregon State:

Its a moot point as you're not getting either. Jones is headed to Texas.

Reaction Score
Consider this: if Dorka or one other "tall" person has an injury, it would be nice to have a Kennedy Brown fill in at tha position or would it be better to have no one at all?

Reaction Score
Consider this: if Dorka or one other "tall" person has an injury, it would be nice to have a Kennedy Brown fill in at tha position or would it be better to have no one at all?
Now at Duke. Next!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t get too hung up on height, and Brown is heading to Duke. I do believe both our freshmen, once they adapt to the college game, are capable of handling the low post, Ice by virtue of her size & strength and Ayanna by virtue of her athleticism and ability to elevate.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t get too hung up on height, and Brown is heading to Duke. I do believe both our freshmen, once they adapt to the college game, are capable of handling the low post, Ice by virtue of her size & strength and Ayanna by virtue of her athleticism and ability to elevate.
Best of luck to Kara Lawson and company.

Reaction Score
What you say is absolutely correct if they are willing to get in there and fight for that rebound. However, Geno does not readily play first year players unless they demonstrate extraordinary hard work and skills. Caroline Ducharme would have been getting slivers on her ass unless the team did not have all of the injuries and absences.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What you say is absolutely correct if they are willing to get in there and fight for that rebound. However, Geno does not readily play first year players unless they demonstrate extraordinary hard work and skills. Caroline Ducharme would have been getting slivers on her ass unless the team did not have all of the injuries and absences.
In the past Steph, Stewie & Tuck have all earned PT as freshmen. So we will have to see whether or not Ice and/or Ayanna can earn Geno’s trust. I am also very hopeful that Amari can step up to earn meaningful PT next season. She has a wonderful skill set. After deciding to spend the entire summer in Andrea Hudy’s boot camp, I expect her to be stronger, fitter and more agressive next season.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Want to interject a new name as a UCONN possibility in Kadi Sissoko from Minnesota. Very athletic, long, & mobile wing player defender who does just about everything at a high level and is a defensive disruptor. She scored in double figures when UCONN played Minnesota this year. She is french so maybe have L2 make a french connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom