Transfer portal, Spring 2022 (merged thread) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal, Spring 2022 (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Leilani Correa of St John's is in the portal. I wonder if there could be a Uconn interest in her.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Leilani Correa of St John's is in the portal. I wonder if there could be a Uconn interest in her.
This news was reported on the BY yesterday.

Reaction Score
There’s only 2 places where it even remotely has a chance of her addition becoming scary. UConn or South Carolina. If it’s not either of those, it has no chance to be scary.
if she was a willing participant, Reese would really improve UConn's chances...........as a matter of fact they would become that much more scary........too bad I don't see it happening........

Reaction Score
if she was a willing participant, Reese would really improve UConn's chances...........as a matter of fact they would become that much more scary........too bad I don't see it happening........

I think it depends on where she goes and if she brings anyone else in the portal with her.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I agree 100% with you on Angel. Usually the various social media postings give hints to where a player is headed and as I have not seen nor heard of any UConn connections, I fear she is not looking at Storrs. I really hope I am wrong as in my view, she is the one game changer in the portal for us.

Reaction Score
I think Reese is either headed to Baylor with Blackwell and Edwards or LV.

Reaction Score
There’s only 2 places where it even remotely has a chance of her addition becoming scary. UConn or South Carolina. If it’s not either of those, it has no chance to be scary.
Or if she’s transferring with another player like Owusu? I said Louisville because I read somewhere two of her former coaches are now at Louisville. One was Robinson, the other I’m not sure of their name? To LSU could be a scary addition too.

Reaction Score
Just heard Angel Reese to LSU strange because she wants to play Guard / Forward and that aint happenin Captain for Mulkey

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Just heard Angel Reese to LSU strange because she wants to play Guard / Forward and that aint happenin Captain for Mulkey
Sure it would. Ladhazia Williams at Center and Esmery Martinez at PF puts Reese at SF.

Reaction Score
We need to get more athletic. South Carolina killed us with their athleticism and their tenacity. Amari jacks up the ball everytime she touches it but need to be more physical and learn the low post first.

Reaction Score
Sure it would. Ladhazia Williams at Center and Esmery Martinez at PF puts Reese at SF.
The big question is if Kim will let her actually play like a wing. You’d think Kim runs a tighter ship than Brenda, and Brenda barely put up with her missed wide open 3s.

Reaction Score
Or the rest of the sports world.

Everybody who's anybody knows USC is the Trojans.

South Carolina is S. Carolina or Lower Carolina, or Carolina Jr. or Gamecocks or just Cocks.
You can use any name you want, perfectly fine. In some cases however, you might find most people don't attach the same meaning to the name. In Columbus, SC, USC and Carolina are fully understood to refer to that college down the street. In the rest of the freaking country it is understood USC and Carolina refer to the Trojans and the Tar Heels. That's just the way it is.

Reaction Score
The big question is if Kim will let her actually play like a wing. You’d think Kim runs a tighter ship than Brenda, and Brenda barely put up with her missed wide open 3s.
Kim will do whatever she needs to do to win, especially when you look at the rosters SC and Tennessee has. If it means Kim playing Angel on the wing this year to get her here, she will probably do it. She is doing whatever it takes right now to jump start this program back up. Will she allow her to shoot a bunch of open 3's? Probably not if she isnt making them. The roster LSU has is basically starting from scratch with the exception of the transfers and incoming class, LSU only has one returning starter (Alexis Morris).

But I'm waiting to see something more concrete like an announcement from Reese herself.

Reaction Score
Or if she’s transferring with another player like Owusu? I said Louisville because I read somewhere two of her former coaches are now at Louisville. One was Robinson, the other I’m not sure of their name? To LSU could be a scary addition too.
They weren’t scary in Maryland and won’t be anywhere else. Like I said, if it isn’t one of two teams, it’s not scary. And by the way, I definitely don’t think she’s coming here, I was just sayin.

Reaction Score
Kim will do whatever she needs to do to win, especially when you look at the rosters SC and Tennessee has. If it means Kim playing Angel on the wing this year to get her here, she will probably do it. She is doing whatever it takes right now to jump start this program back up. Will she allow her to shoot a bunch of open 3's? Probably not if she isnt making them. The roster LSU has is basically starting from scratch with the exception of the transfers and incoming class, LSU only has one returning starter (Alexis Morris).

But I'm waiting to see something more concrete like an announcement from Reese herself.
I'd be very curious to see the fit offensively. She should be a great defender and rebounder. But if she wants to take long 2s and 3s every time down the court (because she's a "big guard"), shooting 35% won't help LSU.

Reaction Score
You can use any name you want, perfectly fine. In some cases however, you might find most people don't attach the same meaning to the name. In Columbus, SC, USC and Carolina are fully understood to refer to that college down the street. In the rest of the freaking country it is understood USC and Carolina refer to the Trojans and the Tar Heels. That's just the way it is.
It is Columbia not Columbus. You probably knew that, but just your attempt at being disrespectful.

Reaction Score
Confirmation?? Who is this twitter account

I don't believe she is committed yet but certainly there are a couple schools she has clearly showed interest in
I think they were just saying what Angel said in an IG live. She hasn't visited anyone.

Reaction Score
It is Columbia not Columbus. You probably knew that, but just your attempt at being disrespectful.
Columbia it is. I've been in and out of that fair city many times. Disrespect? For pointing out that outside of South Carolina everyone would assume you meant North Carolina when saying Carolina? I have to disclose here that I'm a long time Carolina (North Carolina variety) men's bball fan, but since Carolina (South Carolina variety) has long since left the ACC I don't much follow their sports stuff - except the women's bball team of course. So I have no particular reason to bad mouth Carolina (South Carolina variety). I save that for Duke or NC State or Clemson. But to the point; no one has ever, ever, when I referred to Carolina, asked which one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom