Transfer portal part 2 | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That fan base has been saying the same thing for years. "We will win the national title this year" every year since 1998. I think they think it's a right they have because they haven't earned it...lol....they add one player and it's "national title time".
Yeah, the refrain sounds awfully familiar to me. The Vols have been declared to be back pretty much annually for as long as I can recall.

Reaction Score

no-question-about-it-ready-to-get-hurt-again.gif

As soon as this was posted, she unfollows the LSU assistant :D

She will now go to Louisville because of this

Last edited:

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
If they've taken a college English class, which anyone entering the portal will have, then no, I won't. Call me an old fashioned curmudgeon, but the student part of "student-athlete" should still come first. (cue guffaws and eyerollz). If you can cut and edit a highlight reel or put together a fancy Instagram picture with the school logos of your final 10 school targets, you can proofread two sentences.
Unfortunately, I think you are vastly overestimating the impact of college composition classes.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I didn't even think of outside the conference. I was thinking more along the lines of Mississippi State, and UGA.
Yup "puppies" would be much more appropriate for those schools if we are talking about women's college basketball.

Reaction Score
if they end up leaving do leilani correa and cameron swartz have to sit out a year because this is their second transfer. Additionally, does it matter that one would be a grad transfer. Are the rules different for grad transfers?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
if they end up leaving do leilani correa and cameron swartz have to sit out a year because this is their second transfer. Additionally, does it matter that one would be a grad transfer. Are the rules different for grad transfers?
Graduate transfers are immediately eligible regardless of whether or not they had previously transferred. Undergrads who previously transferred would presumably be required to sit out a year, unless granted a waiver by the NCAA to become immediately eligible.

Reaction Score
I think they are now down to 5 scholarship players…:oops:

6, they have a highly ranked freshman coming in, Bransford. They need more players but they are in a position where they get most of their starters back but that may make it tough to get the biggest name transfers because they may not want to back up a Miles, Citron or Westbeld

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
6, they have a highly ranked freshman coming in, Bransford. They need more players but they are in a position where they get most of their starters back but that may make it tough to get the biggest name transfers because they may not want to back up a Miles, Citron or Westbeld
I stand corrected. ND won their last national championship with basically a 6 player rotation. Of course 5 of those players were 1st round picks in the W.

Absent transfers, next year’s team has little margin for error. Miles, Citron & Westbeld are a solid core. But Mabrey has been inconsistent, Marshall injury prone and Bransford is a freshman. An injury to any one of the 6 would be devastating, and from game to game, foul trouble or inconsistent play by anyone leaves few options available for Coach Ivey.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yes the rules are different for graduate transfers. If you have completed your undergraduate degree and have remaining eligibility you are immediately eligible. There are a number of academic seniors that are transferring for the second time and I just can't image that they are not graduate transfers. Swartz, Edwards of Kentucky are two of them.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, who writes this stuff, and why doesn't anyone proofread it? "I will be changing directions within my decision"? At least we were spared "with that being said,..."
I read this while at work on Thursday, and couldn't fully understand the statement, but thought it was my overworked, unrested brain playing tricks on me once more. But reading it again just now, reminds me of the common trend in our language expression(s).

Many years ago I bought a book authored by a well known basketball player, who had recently graduated from college. The excitement in reading it was quickly dashed by the amount of poorly constructed sentences, and horrific grammar. While I can overlook a few errors in any reading/writing, I barely got through the book's first two chapters because I had to re-read most sentences and paragraphs to make sense of what was written. My frustration was so high that I put it in a drawer for several months, but attempted to read it again during the new basketball season. This time with a red ink pen in hand, I edited the entire book. The reading was not enjoyed, and the author's misuse of homonyms (you're and your, too and two, their and there, right and write, etc.) throughout the book was disappointing.

Reaction Score
I read this while at work on Thursday, and couldn't fully understand the statement, but thought it was my overworked, unrested brain playing tricks on me once more. But reading it again just now, reminds me of the common trend in our language expression(s).

Many years ago I bought a book authored by a well known basketball player, who had recently graduated from college. The excitement in reading it was quickly dashed by the amount of poorly constructed sentences, and horrific grammar. While I can overlook a few errors in any reading/writing, I barely got through the book's first two chapters because I had to re-read most sentences and paragraphs to make sense of what was written. My frustration was so high that I put it in a drawer for several months, but attempted to read it again during the new basketball season. This time with a red ink pen in hand, I edited the entire book. The reading was not enjoyed, and the author's misuse of homonyms (you're and your, too and two, their and there, right and write, etc.) throughout the book was disappointing.
That is funny. Did you send the edited book and an invoice to the publisher and/or author?

Reaction Score
That is funny. Did you send the edited book and an invoice to the publisher and/or author?
I wanted to, but my husband told me to “let it go”. However he’s changed his mind since hearing the author commentating on basketball games. I on the other hand, don’t listen anymore.

Reaction Score
Well, you need more than a couple years to change a narrative. NC State won the ACC in consecutive years but no one's anointing them as a blue blood.
The team that has transfers all the time is Maryland. Yikes

Reaction Score
Mya Hollingshed returned to Colorado for a 5th year and just went #8 in the WNBA Draft. Ashley Joens is returning to Iowa St. for a 5th year. That took me zero seconds to think of 2 very big exceptions. I'm sure there are many, many more

edit--and Cate Reese returning to Arizona for a 5th year
Hollingshed was so lucky. She didn’t have a great senior year. Not seeing what Becky Hammond and co. are thinking. Way too high for her to be picked

Reaction Score
Evidently UCF's last remaining starter from this season is in the transfer portal as well. C Destiny Thomas. Not even sure how many scholarship players we have left at this point.

Reaction Score
Evidently UCF's last remaining starter from this season is in the transfer portal as well. C Destiny Thomas. Not even sure how many scholarship players we have left at this point.
I feel for y'all. The portal can be unforgiving but on the flip side there are a thousand kids in there. Hopefully you can grab a few solid players from it and some depth.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Sytia Messer is going to be tasked with a complete rebuild. I don't know what is fair to expect of her in the short term, but I know she's highly regarded and she's probably been overdue for a head coaching opportunity.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Look at Reese's post--that is certainly craving the spotlight.
Agree with this. I love Angel and don't think there's anything inherently wrong or red flaggish with it. Social media is all about attention/spotlight. From revealing their final ten, final 3, having big publicized announcement...it's all the same, and that's a big part of this generation.

Reaction Score
Sytia Messer is going to be tasked with a complete rebuild. I don't know what is fair to expect of her in the short term, but I know she's highly regarded and she's probably been overdue for a head coaching opportunity.
I have no expectations at this point for next season. Just hate losing the entire team.

Reaction Score
while navigating a new and harder conference soon with new opponents to adjust to in a couple of years

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom